19 killed as elf truck falls off cliff in Conner, Apayao

Marje Pelayo   •   November 1, 2019   •   795

CAGAYAN, Philippines – Nineteen people were killed and 22 others injured when an elf truck met a sad fate and fell off a cliff in Conner, Apayao on the eve of Undas on Thursday (October 31).

Chief of Conner Police PCapt. Manuel Canipas Jr. said the group was on their way home when the elf’s engine suddenly died while driving an uphill road in Barangay Karikitan.

With the engine off, the vehicle suddenly shifted to reverse and rolled down into a 20-meter deep ravine.

Canipas said the victims just came from Rizal town in Cagayan to collect government subsidy of palay seeds when the incident happened.

Based on their initial investigation, the official said the vehicle was overloaded which contributed to the accident considering the number of passengers and weight of the palay.

Due to overloading, the truck’s breaks gave in, Canipas concluded.

Eleven of the victims are being treated at Conner District Hospital while 11 others are confined at Cagayan Valley Medical Center.

Three of the passengers were surprisingly unhurt in the incident.

Meanwhile, the fatalities in the accident as posted on Cagayan PIO official social media account are as follows:

(Residents of Barangay Lattut, Rizal)

  1. Amparo Aberion
  2. Domingo Asperela
  3. Hermalina Dacuycuy
  4. Pacita Dajucon
  5. Mercy Gundan
  6. Ciano Mamauag
  7. Mamerto Milo
  8. Susana Milo
  9. Ludalina Molina
  10. Rosemarie Molina
  11. Rudy Pagtama
  12. Margie Pamittan
  13. Leticia Patay
  14. Conrado Sabatan
  15. Reymundo Sosa
  16. Brenda Talay
  17. Imelda Talay
  18. Jayson Talay
  19. Aida Battaliones (a resident and the Sanguniang Kabataan Chairperson of Barangay Allangigan, Conner, Apayao.)
TAGS   , ,

IATF places Bulacan, Apayao, Capiz under GCQ beginning October 18

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 18, 2021

MANILA, Philippines— Quarantine restrictions in the provinces of Bulacan, Apayao, and Capiz have been downgraded, Malacañang announced Sunday.

“The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) approved the recommendation to place the said provinces under general community quarantine (GCQ) from October 18 to October 31, ” presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said.

Bulacan and Apayao were initially placed under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) while Capiz was previously under GCQ with heightened restrictions.

Under GCQ, any person below 18 years old, above 65 years old, including those with immunodeficiency, comorbidity, or other health risks, and pregnant women, shall be required to remain in their residences at all times, except for obtaining essential goods and services, or for work in industries and offices.

Entertainment and recreational venues, casinos, and outdoor sports are sill not permitted to operate during GCQ. Face-to-face or in-person classes for basic education shall be suspended. AAC

IATF places Cagayan, Apayao, Benguet back to MECQ due to high COVID-19 cases

Aileen Cerrudo   •   May 11, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—Northern provinces Cagayan, Apayao, and Benguet have reverted to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) after recording high cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The MECQ status will take effect on May 11 until May 23.

As of May 10, Cagayan has 4,657 cases followed by Benguet with 531 and Apayao with 63.

Business operations in the said areas will be limited according to the directive of the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).

A liquor ban will be implemented while religious gatherings will only be allowed at 10% capacity.  Entertainment and recreational events also be suspended.

Benguet governor Melchor Diclas reported that majority of the COVID-19 cases in their area are severe. Hospitals in Benguet are also in short supply of respirators.

“Dumadami talaga ang mga pasyente natin. Marami ang namamatay at marami ang nagkakasakit ng critical at serious. Ang respirator natin may nagagamit tayong 13 na respirator. Ang bakante nalang ay dalawa,” he said.

(Our patients are increasing. Many have died and many are in critical or serious condition. We have 13 respirators but there are only two available units left.)

Hospitals in Apayao, meanwhile, are at 80% critical level.  In Cagayan Province, Governor Manuel Mamba said Tuguegarao City’s home quarantine setup is still contributing to the rising cases of COVID-19.

“Hindi magiging epektibo ang MECQ sa Tuguegarao City hangga’t may home quarantine,” he said.

(MECQ in Tuguegarao City will not be effective as long as home quarantine is being implemented .)

Mamba continues to reiterate the need to build isolation facilities in Tuguegarao to accommodate COVID-19 patients. AAC (With reports from Marvin Calas)

 

 

Storm warning signal, nakataas sa maraming lalawigan sa Luzon

admin   •   August 12, 2013

MTSAT ENHANCED-IR Satellite Image  10:32 a.m., 12 August 2013 (www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph)

MTSAT ENHANCED-IR Satellite Image
10:32 a.m., 12 August 2013 (www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph)

MANILA, Philippines – Pinag-iingat ngayon ang mga nakatira sa mabababa at bulubunduking lugar na apektado ng Bagyong Labuyo dahil sa posibilidad ng flashflood at landslides.

Sa ulat ng Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), maaaring magdala ng malalakas na pag-ulan ang Typhoon Labuyo partikular sa mga lugar na may nakataas na babala ng bagyo.

Bukod sa pagbaha at pagguho ng lupa, maaari ding makaranas ng storm surge o pagbaha bunsod ng malalaking hampas ng alon ang mga nakatira sa coastal areas sa western at northern Luzon.

Sa pinakahuling ulat ng PAGASA, nakataas ang storm warning signal 1 sa Batanes, Bataan, Pampanga, Bulacan, Rizal, Northern Quezon, Polillo Island, Laguna, Cavite at Metro Manila.

Signal number 2 naman sa Zambales, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Aurora Province, Calayan at Babuyan Group of Islands.

Signal number 3 naman sa Cagayan Isabela, Apayao, Kalinga, Abra, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan, Benguet, Mt. Province, Ifugao, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino at Northern Aurora. (UNTV News)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.