2 Chinese claimants of P1.6-B shabu shipment arrested in Nueva Ecija

Maris Federez   •   October 31, 2020   •   686

Crystallized methamphetamine or shabu, with a street value of P1.632-billion

MANILA, Philippines — Two Chinese nationals who were the alleged claimants of a cargo containing crystallized methamphetamine or shabu, with a street value of P1.632-billion were apprehended by the operatives of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), the Bureau of Customs-Ninoy Aquino International Airport (BOC-NAIA), the NAIA-Inter-Agency Drug Interdiction Task Group (NAIA-IADITG), and local police.

The Chinese nationals were nabbed in Sumacap Sur, Cabanatuan City at around 11:30 PM on Friday, October 30, in a joint controlled delivery operations conducted by the BOC-NAIA, PDEA, and NAIA-IADITG.

Alleged claimants of shabu shipment

The BOC said, that based on records, the subject cargo was declared as workbench tables, shipped by a certain Ywlee 87 Trading of Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, and consigned to a certain company “Allejam International Trading” from the City of Manila.

The cargo arrived at the PAL PSI Warehouse on October 24, 2020.

Thru the vigilance and intensified surveillance of B0C-NAIA frontliners and its close coordination with PDEA, the misdeclared cargo was identified and subjected to X-ray Scanning and 100% Physical Examination.  Found were heavily wrapped 240 plastic packs of shabu.

BOC-NAIA said that it has formally turned over the seized illegal drugs to PDEA for further profiling and case build up against the importers and other responsible persons, and inquest of apprehended claimants for violation of the Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 in relation to Section 1401 of the Customs Modernization and Tariff Act. — /mbmf

Guns, phones used by agents in PNP-PDEA clash to undergo examination – NBI

Robie de Guzman   •   March 2, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Firearms, cellphones and other pieces of evidence recovered from the shooting incident between the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) will undergo examination, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said Tuesday.

NBI spokesperson and deputy director Ferdinand Lavin said the PNP and PDEA have already turned over some of the evidence from the alleged misencounter that occurred between its operatives last week along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City.

These include 29 guns and slugs which will undergo forensic examination to know which among these firearms were used during the shootout.

Police also provided a copy of the technical forensic evidence like autopsy reports, drug tests, DNA tests, paraffin tests, as well as the analysis of bullet trajectories to the NBI.

“Saan nakuha sa crime scene yung empty shells? Sino nakatama kanino? Anong baril nakatama, kanino? Kung may nakuhang slug doon sa katawan ng tao, malalaman natin more or less. Tinitingnan din namin yung relative position nung shooter to the target at approximate distance,” he said.

They will also look at recovered CCTV footage to help determine the positions and actions of operatives before and during the incident.

Cellphones used by the operatives have also been handed over to the investigating body.

Lavin said these devices will be analyzed by the NBI’s digital forensic team.

“Doon sa cellphone, malalaman natin yung takbo ng kwento, especially yung mga operatiba, (coordination?) Yes that’s parts of the analytics na gagawin,” he said.

Lavin said the NBI will gather next testimonial evidence, particularly those involved in the incident.

The NBI has been designated by President Rodrigo Duterte as the sole body to probe the alleged misencounter.

At least four people were killed in the shootout, including two policemen, one PDEA agent, and an informant. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Dante Amento)

DOJ wants review of cops’ administrative, criminal liabilities in anti-illegal drug ops

Marje Pelayo   •   February 26, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Justice (DOJ) Inter-Agency Review Panel has submitted to the President and furnished a copy to the Philippine National Police (PNP) its preliminary findings in the conduct of anti-illegal drug operations of law enforcement personnel. 

The review covered the 328 cases of the thousands of illegal drug operations conducted since President Duterte assumed office in 2016.

According to DOJ Undersecretary Adrian Sugay, their recommendations include a review of possible administrative and criminal liabilities of erring cops that result in the death of suspects.

The PNP is expected to release its report on the matter in the first week of March.

The DOJ assures that all policemen who are involved in such cases will be held accountable based on the result of their review.

This came after an incident that happened in Quezon City where members of the PNP and agents from the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) engaged in a shootout in an alleged anti-illegal drug operation.

“Any and all possible administrative/criminal liability against those involved in these anti-illegal drug operations where deaths occurred may be pursued depending on any further findings/recommendations,” Usec. Adrian Sugay stressed. (MNP with reports from Dante Amento)

Duterte designates NBI as sole body to probe PNP-PDEA ‘misencounter’

Robie de Guzman   •   February 26, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has designated the National Bureau of Investigation to be the sole agency to investigate the alleged misencounter between cops and operatives of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Malacañang said Friday.

“Nagdesisyon po ang ating president na tanging NBI lang po ang mag-iimbestiga duon sa putukan na nangyari sa panig ng mga kapulisan at PDEA diyan po sa Quezon City,” Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said.

The shooting incident involving policemen and PDEA operatives occurred on Wednesday afternoon near a mall along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City. Four individuals – two cops, a PDEA agent and an informant – were killed in the gun battle.

The PNP and PDEA earlier said that a joint Board of Inquiry has been created to look into the incident.

But due to Duterte’s order, the joint probe will have to be discontinued.

“’Yung mga binuong joint panel para imbestigahan yan, na binuo po ng PNP at PDEA ay di na po magtutuloy sa kanilang imbestigahan,” Roque said.

Both PNP and PDEA assured to work with the NBI in compliance with Duterte’s directive. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.