Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

69% of Filipinos see war on drugs as Duterte admin’s ‘most important achievement’

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Monday, July 23rd, 2018

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Majority of Filipinos believe that the government’s drug war is President Rodrigo Duterte’s “most important achievement.”

According to a Pulse Asia Survey released on Monday (July 23), 69% of Filipinos consider the elimination of the country’s problems in illegal drugs as the top achievement of the administration.

Metro Manila (77%) has the highest sentiment at 77% with 74% among the rich or ABC classes.

Fighting criminality is the second in the list of achievements with 50% and the salary increase for police and soldiers with 30% came third.

Fourth is the government’s fight against graft and corruption with 28% while its grant of free tuition in SUCs came fifth at 21%.

The survey was conducted from June 15-21, 2018 using face-to-face interviews with 1,800 registered voters aged 18 and above.

It was released hours before the President’s third state of the nation address (SONA) on Monday afternoon. — Marje Pelayo

Tags: , ,

Duterte’s drug war to continue despite more than 5,000 death toll

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2018

FILE PHOTO: President Rodrigo Duterte | TOTO LOZANO/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines — The anti-drug war of the Duterte administration is set to continue despite having tallied more than 5,000 deaths of drug personalities in its operations.

The government has earlier reported that the death toll has reached 5,050 since the launch of the campaign on July 1, 2016 up to November 30 of this year.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said that the rise and fall of the death toll depends on the response of the involved personalities in illegal drugs operation.

“It depends on how those involved in drugs will respond to operations against them. If they become violent, necessarily, the result would be violent then. What you sow, you reap,” said Panelo. — UNTV News & Rescue

Tags: , ,

Duterte on warrant of arrest against Reds: ‘No need’

by UNTV News and Rescue   |   Posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2018

 

 

FILE PHOTO: President Rodrigo Duterte | PCOO

DAVAO CITY, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte said there is no need to issue a warrant of arrest for the capture of the communist rebels who do “continuous crime of rebellion 24 hours a day.”

“Why do I need to have a warrant? By the fact that you are a rebel, you are a 24-hour violator of the Revised Penal Code of rebellion. Kay ang ‘pag ang rebellion — ang krimen dili mawala na kung matulog ka (With rebellion, your crimes do not stop even when you’re asleep), the President said during his speech at an event in Davao City, Tuesday evening (December 18).

The President added that he will wipe out the communist rebels along with the drug menace in the country before his term ends.

“I’ll just finish you. Why? If I don’t do it, you go again around the community asking for money and killing them if they don’t give…Iyong komunista gusto kong tapusin pati iyang droga. I want it done during my term,” he added.

Peace negotiations between the Duterte government and the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army (CPP-NPA) had been postponed several times until President Duterte terminated the talks in November 2017 due to the rebels’ continuous attacks against government troops.

The Duterte administration later on pushed for localized peace talks, but again, to no avail.

This led to the President’s order of creating of a national task force to work on ending the decade-long armed conflicts with the communist rebels.

Malacañang maintained that President Duterte is not declaring a holiday truce with the rebels even after the communist group declared a unilateral ceasefire expected to begin on December 24, 2018. – Marje Pelayo (with reports from Marisol Montaño.)

Tags: , , ,

Death toll on gov’t’s war on drugs reaches more than 5,000

by UNTV News   |   Posted on Tuesday, December 18th, 2018

 

 

MANILA, Philippines — The death toll on the government’s war on drugs has reached to more than 5,000.

Based on the records of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), in more than 115 anti-illegal drugs operation conducted by the authorities from July 1, 2016 to November 30, 2018, 5050 drug personalities died after resisting the arrests of authorities.

One hundred sixty-four individuals were arrested by the authorities.

Meanwhile, more than 1800 minors were rescued from authorities in these operations.

Some of them serve as pushers, look-out in various drug dens and even drug users. — UNTV News & Rescue

 

 

 

Tags: ,