Albayalde: Cop in EDSA shooting formerly on Duterte’s narcolist

Marje Pelayo   •   March 27, 2019   •   3721

Photo by PNP

QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Police General Oscar Albayalde confirmed that Police Master Sergeant Solomon Cugay was formerly included on President Rodrigo Duterte’s narcolist.

Cugay was the cop killed in a shooting incident at EDSA Connecticut on Tuesday (March 26).

Cugay had previous records of coddling and recycling illegal drugs, according to Albayalde, but the PNP Chief clarified that the former was able to clear his name and was absolved from the case some two years ago.

 “Accordingly, nasa PRRD list siya before. But according to Regional Director Gen. Eleazar pero ito ay na adjudicate na at na clear na sya. Basically, walang nakitang illegal activity niya, (Accordingly he was in PRRD’s list before. But according to Regional Director Gen. Eleazar, he was adjudicated and cleared. Basically, he has no illegal activity,)” Albayalde said.

The PNP Chief assured that the killing of Cugay is now being investigated to reveal the motive of the crime.

Albayalde noted, however, that the incident can be a case of ‘bounty hunting’ where cops kill suspected police scalawags to receive the reward money as many narco-cops in the past had been killed after leaving the gates of the Police Headquarters at Camp Crame.

“Ang motive ng pagbaril sa kanya ay wala pang maliwanag it’s still being investigated di natin alam kung ito ay drugs-related o hindi, (The motive of the shooting is still unclear. It’s still being investigated. We cannot tell yet if it’s drug related or not,)” the PNP Chief noted.

General Albayalde also ordered an investigation as to why a mobile patrol was nowhere near the site of the incident when the crime happened. – Marje Pelayo (with details from Lea Ylagan)

Duterte orders SolGen to ask COA to audit PH Red Cross

Marje Pelayo   •   September 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered Solicitor General Jose Calida to write to Commission on Audit (COA) chair Michael Aguinaldo requesting an audit of the Philippine Red Cross’ (PRC) financial records.

“I am ordering SolGen, si Calida, to write [COA chief] Aguinaldo a letter. Ask Aguinaldo to immediately conduct an audit diyan sa Red Cross. Ang hinihintay ko lang, the next step would really be the letter to be delivered by COA,” the President said during his pre-taped public address aired on Thursday (September 16).

The PRC is led by Senator Richard Gordon, who chairs the Senate Blue Ribbon committee that is investigating the government’s use of pandemic funds.

The Chief Executive once again slammed  Gordon for the latter’s Senate probe into the government’s purchase of alleged overpriced medical goods last year.

Duterte had previously accused Gordon of using the PRC as his ‘milking cow’ in his previous election campaigns which led to a call for an audit of the humanitarian organization.

Lacson claps back at Duterte’s statement that Senate inquiries are all in vain

Maris Federez   •   August 27, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson has belied the statement of President Rodrigo Duterte that inquiries conducted by the Senate never ended up going anywhere.

Lacson said the general public has been enjoying a significant number of laws that the Senate has enacted based on the inquiries and investigations conducted by the upper chamber of Congress.

The Senator, in a seeming swipe at the President, told the chief executive to review the separation of powers in government.

“Magbasa rin muna siya tungkol sa doktrina ng Separation of Powers at Checks and Balances ng Ehekutibo, Kongreso at Hudikatura bago niya kami pakialaman sa Senado,” Lacson said.

The President, Lacson said, should instead focus his attention on the performance of the Cabinet, not just in addressing the pandemic but also in other aspects of governance.

“Sa halip, asikasuhin niya ang mga kakulangan ng sangay ng gobyerno na kanyang pinamumunuan na hitik sa incompetence at corruption, hindi lang sa pagtugon sa pandemya kundi sa maraming aspeto ng governance,” he said.

Lacson also expressed his disappointment that the President has been the one defending his officials who are the subject of their investigation, instead of being the one to charge these officials for their inaction or poor performance.

“Kaya hindi nakakasuhan ang ilang matataas na opisyal na naging subject ng pag-iimbestiga namin ay dahil ipinagtatanggol niya sa halip na makasuhan,” he said.

“Hindi trabaho ng Senado ang magsampa ng demanda. Trabaho ng Executive Branch iyon. Judiciary naman ang magpapakulong. Mahirap bang i-memorize yan?” Lacson added. —/mbmf

P3M worth of illegal drugs seized in Baguio City

Marje Pelayo   •   August 27, 2021

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) reported the seizure of P3.031 million worth of illegal drugs in a joint operation in Baguio City on August 12, 2021.

The controlled delivery operation resulted in the arrest of an individual identified as Elisa Aguirre Millare.

According to NBI Officer-in-Charge (OIC) Director Eric Distor, the operation stemmed from the interception of a parcel by the Bureau of Customs (BOC) at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

The said parcel was declared as bed sheets and shoes but upon inspection the parcel in fact contains 1,783 tablets of “ecstasy” or party drugs with an estimated street value of more than P1.3 million which was shipped by Fostina Obobo of Neuss, Germany and consigned to Joyce Annsan Antono of Baguio City.

NBI agents, together with members of the NAIA Inter-Agency Drug Interdiction Task Group (IADITG), proceeded to Baguio City for a controlled delivery operation.

On August 11, 2021, the consignee was supposed to claim the subject parcel from Baguio Post Office but she didn’t arrive. Instead, she gave information that she would claim the said parcel at her residence in Bristle Ridge Residences.

Millare was arrested in front of Bristle Ridge Condominium in the act of handing down the parcel.

She was presented for inquest proceedings before the Office of the Prosecutor, Baguio City for violation of Section 4 (Importation of Dangerous Drugs) of R.A. 9165.

In addition, the consignee, Joyce Annsan Antono a.k.a Joyce Ann San Antonio (at-large) was also included in the charge.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.