Alert Level 1, nakataas pa rin para sa mga OFW sa South Korea

admin   •   April 11, 2013   •   3537

FILE PHOTO: Deoksugung Palace, Seoul, South Korea (PHOTO CREDITS: Chamberikore via Wikipedia)

FILE PHOTO: Deoksugung Palace, Seoul, South Korea (PHOTO CREDITS: Chamberikore via Wikipedia)

MANILA, Philippines – Tiniyak ng gobyerno ng South Korea na kaya nitong protektahan ang lahat ng naninirahan sa bansa laban sa bantang giyera ng North Korea.

Ayon kay Depart of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Spokesperson Assistant Secretary Raul Hernandez, may inihanda nang mga hakbang ang South Korea sakaling sumiklab ang kaguluhan doon.

“As of today, the situation in South Korea remains calm and normal never the less there has been no let up in our efforts to enhance our preparedness for any eventuality.”

Sinabi ng DFA na sa kabila ng tensyon sa dalawang Korea, wala pa namang Pilipino na nagpapahayag ng kagustuhang bumalik sa Pilipinas.

Sa ngayon ay level 1 pa rin ang alerto na itinaas ng Pilipinas sa sitwasyon sa South Korea.

Samantala, naghahanda na rin ang mga tauhan ng pamahalaan sa Guam para siguruhin ang kaligtasan ng halos 16-libong Pilipino na naninirahan doon.

Isa rin ang Guam na puntirya ng North Korea dahil sa US military base na nandoon. (Rey Pelayo & Ruth Navales, UNTV News)

DFA temporarily closes consular offices in Santiago, Tagum

Maris Federez   •   September 13, 2021

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has suspended the operations of its consular offices (CO) in Tagum City, Davao del Norte, and in Santiago City, Isabela from 10-14 September 2021 and 13-17 September 2021, respectively.

In a statement, the DFA said the personnel in the said consular offices have been infected with COVID-19 and other personnel has been identified as close contacts.

“As such, the COs have temporarily suspended operations to conduct thorough disinfection of its premises and to comply with the isolation and quarantine guidelines imposed by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for Emerging Infectious Diseases,” the statement said.

Affected applicants in CO Santiago with supposed appointments from 13-17 September 2021 will receive an email providing them the details of their alternative passport appointment.

Meanwhile, affected applicants in CO Tagum with supposed appointments from 10-14 September 2021 will be given new schedules from 15-24 September 2021.

The advisory added that applicants that require emergency or urgent consular services may contact CO Tagum by email (tagum.co@dfa.gov.ph / dfatagumconcerns@gmail.com /) or via landline (084 216 – 9846).

The CO Tagum will resume its regular operations on Wednesday, 15 September 2021, the statement further read.

The DFA said that it requested the public’s continued understanding as the department adheres to the prescribed measures against the COVID-19 pandemic for the safety of personnel and applicants.

Likewise, the Department urges applicants to ONLY refer to the official DFA platforms for announcements and updates.

DFA records 130 new COVID-19 cases among overseas Filipinos

Maris Federez   •   September 7, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) reported a total of 130 new COVID-19 cases among overseas Filipinos over the previous week, bringing the total number of cases to 23,036.

The DFA also recorded 287 new recoveries, pushing the total recoveries to 13,215, and seven new fatalities bringing the total death toll to 1,376.

Infected overseas Filipinos undergoing treatment is at 8,445.

Compared to last week’s figures, the DFA said, the total number of recoveries increased by 2.22%. Europe was the only region that did not record new cases this past week.

Meanwhile, the number of countries and territories with confirmed cases of COVID-19 among Filipinos abroad has now reached 103, following reports from the Middle East, and the Asia and the Pacific regions.

The DFA, together with its Foreign Service Posts, said that it continues to monitor and assist Filipinos abroad amid the pandemic.

DFA consular office in NCR East temporarily closed until September 3

Marje Pelayo   •   August 31, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)has temporarily suspended the operations of its consular office in the National Capital Region East branch located at SM Megamall from August 31 to September 3.

The DFA said personnel in the CO NCR East office have been identified as close contact of a COVID-19 positive case thus requiring observation and self-quarantine as imposed by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for Emerging Infectious Diseases.

Given this development, the DFA assures that that all passport appointments during this period will be rescheduled.

Affected applicants will receive an email providing them with an alternative passport appointment schedule.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.