Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

Andanar calls ‘Tindig Pilipinas’ a liar over PRRD ‘insanity’ issue

by admin   |   Posted on Monday, October 16th, 2017

MANILA, Philippines — Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar has assured that President Rodrigo Duterte’s mind is sound.

This was his reaction when the cause-oriented group, Tindig Pilipinas claimed President Duterte is losing grip when he threatened last Friday to establish a revolutionary government if conflict in the Philippines worsens due to destabilization plans against the government.

“I was elected by the people. And if I sense that the country is about to go overboard, I will declare revolutionary government. I am not threatening you but I will pursue you all and I will declare a full-scale war against the New People’s Army. Right now, I’m training about 20 more and in police, about five battalions are SAF. I will add more,” said the president.

According to Tindig Pilipinas, only the paranoid and the insecure would think of implementing a revolutionary government. They said that the chief executive is also feeling paranoid because of his declining rating and intensifying protests against the administration.

But Secretary Andanar said Tindig Pilipinas is just spreading lies in order to push their own interests and divert the government’s concentration from important issues.

Still, the Duterte administration will not be affected and will instead fulfill its promises to the people. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News and Rescue

Tags: , , , , ,

Duterte to Recto 22: ‘I’m sorry, but that’s how it is’

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Tuesday, June 25th, 2019

Courtesy : Presidential Photo

President Rodrigo Duterte apologized to the Recto 22 after he reiterated that the abandonment of the 22 fishermen was just a “maritime incident”.

During the premiere of the movie “Kontradiksyon,” Duterte told reporters that the incident did not result in any confrontation.

“Well, I’m sorry, but that’s how it is,” he said. “They know that that area is claimed by both. For China, it happened within their jurisdiction. For us [it happened] within our jurisdiction. We have two conflicting claims of ownership.”

READ: Filipino boat captain laments Duterte’s remark on West PH Sea allision incident

The Filipino boat captain previously expressed disappointment over Duterte’s remarks when he said the allision was only a “maritime incident”.

A Filipino vessel was allegedly hit by a Chinese vessel on June 9. The Filipino fishermen were abandoned at sea and were saved by Vietnamese fishermen after a few hours.

Duterte clarified that he is not belittling the situation. However, he said that it would not justify sending military troops to the area.

“It’s a maritime incident. ‘Little’ in the sense that it did not result in any confrontation. This not to belittle anything. There was damage but luckily nobody died,” he said. “That is not a reason to go to any military exercise there. If you do that, that’s war.”—AAC


Tags: , , , , ,

MWSS: No need for emergency powers to solve water woes

by Marje Pelayo   |   Posted on Monday, June 24th, 2019

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte in April this year castigated executives of the government’s water agency Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) and its concessionaires for the widespread water crisis that affected residents in Metro Manila and nearby provinces.

Despite this, water problems have not been solved.

Instead, they have worsened as water service interruptions affect not only customers of Manila Water but even the clients of Maynilad as Angat Dam continues to dry up.

But according to MWSS Administrator Reynaldo Velasco, there is no need for another meeting with the President to solve the current issue.

“Kahit anong gawin natin, kahit na saan tayo mag-meet, kahit saan, ang kritikal dito ay ang tubig, (Whatever we do, wherever we meet, what’s critical here is water),” noted PDDG. Reynaldo Velasco, the MWSS Administrator.

“(Madadagdagan) ba ang tubig sa Angat? Kahit na sinong superman dito kung hindi talaga uulan walang kakayanin iyan (Can we add water to Angat? Even superman cannot do it unless rains come pouring down),” he added.

The official noted that there is no need to grant the President emergency powers to resolve the problem though such authority can be used to expedite the construction of government projects such as water dams.

“Kung manghihingi tayo ng emergency power, saan tayo kukuha ng tubig? (If we ask for emergency power, where do we get water?) In case we need some emergency power, (it) is for the future, ” Velasco said.

Dams which are under construction include the Wawa Dam in Rodriguez, Rizal and Kaliwa Dam in Tanay.

The projects are now facing hurdles especially the bidding process.

The MWSS, meanwhile, appeals to the two water concessionaires to religiously implement the schedule of water service interruptions while it also asks consumers to conserve water and as much as possible store only the enough volume.

“Kasi kapag nag-ipon sila ng sobra doon baka naman maapektuhan ang reservoir ng ating mga concessionaire, (If you store more than enough water, it might affect the supply in concessionaires’ reservoirs,)” Velasco concluded. – with details from Rey Pelayo.

Tags: , , , , ,

DOJ Secretary to serve as OIC from June 21-23

by Aileen Cerrudo   |   Posted on Friday, June 21st, 2019

Department of Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra

The Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Menardo Guevarra will serve as the officer-in-charge of the Executive Department from June 21-23 as President Rodrigo Duterte flies to Thailand.

President Duterte will be attending the 34th Association of the Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Bangkok, Thailand.

While the president is away, Guevarra will oversee the day to day operations of the Executive Department.

Duterte’s delegation will fly en route to Thailand Friday afternoon (June 21)

Tags: , , , , , ,