MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Tuesday announced it has deported 294 Chinese nationals who were found illegally working in the country.
In a statement, the BI said the Chinese nationals left the country via two chartered flights at the Puerto Princesa International Airport earlier in the day.
The bureau said the deported Chinese nationals were part of the 329 foreigners arrested in eight different establishments last September for violating the conditions of their stay by working in the country without necessary permits and visas.
Fortunato Manahan, Chief of BI’s Intelligence Division, added that seven minors were also intercepted during the same operation.
“Upon determination of their age, they were ordered released. Custody has been turned over to the Chinese Embassy, and they have also flown out today, bringing up the total number to 301,” Manahan said.
Manahan added that the passports of the 301, including the minors, have also been canceled by the Chinese government, making them undocumented aliens.
The group is the first to leave from the batch of illegal aliens arrested in Palawan.
The BI said it is now processing the deportation of 17 more Chinese nationals while the remaining 11 have pending cases that need to be resolved before they can be allowed to leave the country.
These foreigners are temporarily detained at an inn in Puerto Princesa secured by military and immigration agents, the bureau said.
MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Tuesday said it has deported 10 more illegal aliens detained at its warden facility in Taguig City.
In a statement, the BI said the 10 foreigners include eight Chinese nationals and two Mongolians.
They departed from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport via separate flights bound for China last June 19, 24 and 25.
“All of them have been placed on the immigration blacklist of undesirable aliens upon orders of our board of commissioners. Thus, they are now banned from re-entering the Philippines,” BI port operations chief Grifton Medina said.
It was learned that five of the Chinese deportees are wanted in their country for economic crimes due to their involvement in illegal online gaming operations and telecom fraud.
The three other Chinese nationals were deported for overstaying and committing fraud and misrepresentation, while the two Mongolians are alleged female sex workers caught in one of the raids of prostitution dens in Metro Manila last year.
According to Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente, the deportation was carried out as part of the bureau’s efforts to decongest and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at its detention facility located in Camp Bagong Diwa.
“We will continue to send home these foreign inmates once they have been issued deportation orders and provided they have no pending criminal cases in court,” Morente said.
“We are doing this to safeguard the health not only of the foreign detainees but also that of our personnel assigned to our warden facility,” he added.
The BI earlier reported it had deported seven Chinese nationals who are facing charges for economic crimes and illegal black sand mining.
MANILA, Philippines – More than 16,000 Filipino and foreign seafarers from cruise ships that arrived and anchored at the Manila Bay have been processed and cleared during the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said Friday.
In a statement, the BI said a total of 16,287 sailors were cleared by boarding inspectors – 11,189 of which are Filipinos while 5,098 are foreign nationals.
The bureau said they disembarked from 42 vessels between April 16 to June 15 after undergoing quarantine and getting tested aboard their ships.
The BI added that around 2,300 seafarers remain quarantined aboard their vessels.
Repatriated Filipino seafarers are immediately transported to their places of residence through the help of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration.
Foreign seafarers, on the other hand, are only allowed to disembark upon presentation of a confirmed outbound plane ticket to their country of origin. Immigration personnel will escort them to the airport on the date and time of their scheduled departure, the agency said.
Foreign sailors with Filipino spouses are also allowed to disembark and join their families, provided that they submit a letter-request, marriage certificate, photocopy of passport of Filipino spouse, negative COVID-19 swab test result, and endorsement from the Department of Foreign Affairs, the bureau added.
The BI also shared that last June 11, a group of 122 Sri Lankan seafarers were repatriated to their homeland at the request of their embassy in Manila.
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has blacklisted 21 Chinese nationals for overstaying without valid justification.
The 21 Chinese nationals arrived in the country on separate dates last December and January and availed of the government’s Visa Upon Arrival (VUA) program.
BI Commissioner Jaime Morente issued the blacklist after the Bureau directed the aliens to immediately leave the country after they have updated their stay and paid the required fees, fines and penalties.
“As a consequence of their being placed in our blacklist, these Chinese nationals are now barred from re-entering the Philippines for violating the conditions of their stay,” he said.
The VUA program is a landed visa scheme that the government launched three years ago to attract more Chinese tourists into the country. It was previously suspending by the BI last January due to the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan and other places in China. AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.