Brgy. Kagawad, lover nabbed in buy-bust ops in Malabon

admin   •   January 6, 2017   •   13171

A barangay councilor, together with his lover, was arrested in a buy-bust operations in Malabon City last night.

A barangay councilor, together with his lover, was arrested in a buy-bust operations in Malabon City last night.

A barangay councilor and his lover were arrested in a buy-bust operations last night in Malabon City.

The suspect was identified as Kgwd. Kevin Reyes alias ‘Trisha’ of Brgy. San Agustin, Malabon City.

His boyfriend was identified as Jayson Nuevo.

According to the authorities, a mark money which costs P60 was used in a buy-bust operation.

Six packs of alleged marijuana were seized from the suspects. But a relative of the suspect contested the authorities.

In a video captured by Reyes’ relative, it can be seen that police personnel are conducting search operations inside their rooms.

According to Reyes’ relative, the suspect was not a drug pusher but they are not aware if he is using drugs.

His relatives appealed that only corresponding case must be filed against the barangay councilor.

However, the two suspects are now facing charges against selling illegal drugs. — Macky Libradilla | UNTV News & Rescue

Presidential aspirants tackle Phl major issues

Maris Federez   •   November 22, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Presidential candidates for the 2022 national and local elections have visited several places in the country over the weekend, laying down their opinions and proposed actions on major issues in the country.

On Saturday, Senator Panfilo ‘Ping’ Lacson flew to Pag-asa Island amid the tension in the West Philippine Sea.

He was accompanied by senatorial aspirant and former Philippine National Police chief General Guillermo Eleazar.

Lacson led the Philippine flag-raising activities on the island.

The Senator insists that the Philippines needs to forge alliances with big countries and eventually take back the islands that have been claimed by others.

“Hindi natin kayang mag-isa. Mag-strengthen tayo ng alliances with the other militarily strong countries na mga binanggit ko kanina nang sa ganoon, unti-unti ma-repossess natin ‘yung halos daan-daang nawawala sa atin,” Lacson said.

Meanwhile, Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso went to Payatas, Quezon City and visited the Material Recovery Facility in the area.

There, Mayor Isko promised to provide housing to the poor.

“Kapag ako ay sinuwerte, kapag akoy sinuwerte kung ano ang ginawa ko sa Maynila na pabahay, ganun din ang gagawin ko sa buong bansa,” Domagoso said.

Vice President Leni Robredo, on the other hand, had been going around Quezon province in the past few days.

Robredo promised to address the alleged injustices that coconut farmers have been experiencing and vowed to distribute among them the controversial Coco Levy Fund.

The team of former Senator Bongbong Marcos and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, meanwhile, went around Tagum City in Davao del Norte over the weekend.

The BBM-Sara tandem was with Lakas-CMD President House Majority Leader Martin Romualdez and other members of the House of Representatives.

Presidential Leody de Guzman, on the other hand, held a dialogue with officials and fisherfolks in Barangay Bayod in Los Baños, Laguna.

In a separate statement, de Guzman lamented the suspension of the International Criminal Court’s investigation on the Duterte Administration’s war on drugs.

“Pero naniniwala ako na hindi pa dapat magsaya si Pangulong Duterte dahil magpapatuloy ang paniningil ng mga magulang at kamag-anak at ng sambayang Pilipino,” De Guzman said.

Other presidential aspirants, senators Manny Pacquiao and Christopher ‘Bong’ Go, did not have any reported public engagements over the weekend.

However, Senator Go released a statement opposing the cut on the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC) budget.

Go said the task force has a big role in the lasting peace and order in the remote areas of the country.

“Napakalaki ng papel ng NTF-ELCAC sa hangarin nating magkaroon ng pangmatagalang kapayapaan, lalo na sa mga kapos sa buhay at nasa malalayong komunidad sa bansa. Kung kaya’t kamakailan ay tumutol ako sa pagtapyas ng budget nito,” Go said. —/mbmf (from the report of UNTV Correspondent Nel Maribojoc)

Malacañang leaves naming of cocaine-using candidate to President Duterte

Maris Federez   •   November 19, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang will leave it to President Rodrigo Duterte to name the presidential candidate in the 2022 national and local elections whom he disclosed is into cocaine.

Duterte made the disclosure during his speech on Thursday in the province of Oriental Mindoro.

“May kandidato tayo na nagko-cocaine ‘yan. ‘Yung anak ng mayaman. Kaya nga nagtaka ako. Anong nagawa ng tao na yan? I am just asking what contribution has he made para sa Pilipinas? ‘Yan lang ang gusto kong tanungin,” Duterte said.

Acting Presidential spokesperson Secretary Karlo Nograles believes that Duterte has a strong basis for his revelation, pointing out that the President has access to varied sources of information to back his claims.

Nograles said it is up to the president to name the said presidential aspirant at a proper time.

“Si Pangulo siyempre has access to many resources including intel reports on naming the said individual,” Nograles said,

“We will leave it to the sound judgement of the president. So nasa discretion na po ng pangulo kung papangalanan ba niya at kung kailan at kung magdesisyon ba siya na pangalanan ang indibidual na yan,” he added.

Nograles stressed that as the war on drugs is the foremost campaign of the Duterte administration, it doesn’t discriminate against whoever is involved in illegal drugs.

He said there are proper agencies that will investigate and file cases on the said individual.

“Ang ating mga law enforcement agencies especially drug enforcement agencies siyempre alam naman po nila ang kanilang mandato. So, whatever social status at kung sinoman may nakuhang mga intel reports alam na po ng ating mga law enforcement agencies kung ano ang dapat gawin,” Nograles said.

He added that it is up to the presidential candidates to clear their names and prove that they do not use illegal drugs.

“There’s always been the clamor and it’s really up to the candidates to show that they take the test and that they clear the drug test. So ang nangyayari every election voluntary na lamang yan,” Nograles said. —/mbmf (from the report of UNTV Correspondent Nel Maribojoc)

Parusa sa mga pulis na sangkot sa illegal drugs, masiyadong mababa — DOJ report

Maris Federez   •   October 21, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Inilabas na ng Department of Justice (DOJ) ang resulta ng kanilang ginawang review sa 52 kaso mula sa Philippine National Police (PNP) na may kaugnayan sa war on drugs ng pamahalaan.

Batay sa impormasyon na inilabas ng DOJ sa limampu’t limang case files mula sa PNP- Internal Affairs Service (IAS), mayroong mga paglabag o lapses na nangyari sa operasyon kontra iligal na droga, ngunit mababa lamang ang ipinataw na parusa sa karamihan sa mga sangkot na pulis.

Tatlumpu’t lima sa mga kaso ang pinatawan ng suspension ang mga sangkot na pulis, habang 12 kaso ang nagkaroon ng parusang demotion o pagbaba ng ranggo, at anim na kaso ang may parusang dismissal from service o pagkakatanggal sa serbisyo.

Samantala, sa kaso ng pagkamatay ni Ryan Robosa alyas Spike noong December 2016 sa Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, pinagsabihan lamang o reprimand ang ibinigay na aksyon sa mga respondent.

Ito ay sa kabila ng kinakitaan ng matinding iregularidad sa pagganap ng kanilang trabaho ang mga sangkot na pulis.

Ayon sa DOJ, hindi nabanggit sa death certificate ang sanhi ng pagkamatay, walang pre-operation report, walang koordinasyon at walang ballistic o paraffin at autopsy records ang pagkamatay ni Robosa.

Ilang kasong administratibo din laban sa mga respondent ang pinawalang bisa ng PNP-IAS.

Nasa 20 kaso ang natuklasan ng DOJ na nagkaroon ng multiple gunshot wounds ang mga suspect, at mahigit 20 kaso rin ang walang detalye.

Ayon pa sa DOJ, may ilan ding suspek ang binaril nang malapitan at may mga sinasabing nanlaban subalit negatibo sa gunpowder nitrates sa resulta ng paraffin test.

Samantala, ayon kay National Union of Peoples Lawyers (NUPL) chairman Atty. Neri Colmnenares, ang inilabas na ulat ng DOJ hinggil sa war on drugs ay ‘tip of the iceberg’ o maliit na bahagi lamang.

Marami pa aniyang  insidente na kailangan ng mas malalim na imbestigasyon para makapagsampa ng kaso sa korte.

Subalit, binigyang diin din ng dating mambabatas na ang impormasyon na inilabas ng DOJ ay kumpimasyon lamang ng pag-abuso ng PNP sa pagsasagawa ng operasyon kaugnay ng laban sa iligal na droga at nagpapakita na hindi tagumpay ang drug war gaya ng pinapalitaw ng Duterte administration.

Sinabi naman ng grupong Karapatan hindi lang dapat hanggang pagsasampa ng kaso ang gawing hakbang laban sa nagkasalang police officers.

Kailangan anila ng malinaw na sagot ng pamilya ng mga biktima hinggil sa pattern ng nangayaring pagpatay, sino ang mga perpetrator.

Samantala, welcome naman sa Commission on Human Rights (CHR) ang desisyon ng DOJ na ilabas ang impormasyon hinggil sa mga kaso ng war on drus na kanilang ni-review.

Umaasa ang CHR na makatutulong ito para sa mga pamilya ng biktima na malaman kung ano na ang status ng imbesgtigasyon at makahikayat ng mga saksi na lumitaw para sa ikalulutas ng mga kaso. —/mbmf (mula sa ulat ni UNTV Correspondent Dante Amento)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.