Caloocan City nears completion of SAP aid distribution as deadline approaches

Marje Pelayo   •   May 5, 2020   •   2716

MANILA, Philippines — The city government of Caloocan has already distributed 82% of cash aid under the Social Amelioration Program (SAP). 

To date, the local government unit (LGU) has reached almost all of its 216,000 family beneficiaries.

Caloocan City is among the cities in Metro Manila that received the highest amount of cash assistance from SAP and the highest distribution rate so far. 

The city government is expecting to complete SAP distribution before the May 7 deadline. 

“Simula noong ibinaba sa amin ang guidelines, iyong mandate kung paano, nag-ready na ang Caloocan [Ever since the guidelines or the mandate was issued, we in Caloocan prepared right away],” said Obet Quizon, an officer at the City Social Welfare Action (CSWA) Center. 

Metro Manila’s largest barangay — Barangay Bagong Silang — is also under the jurisdiction of the Caloocan City government. 

Barangay Bagong Silang has 33,000 families who are SAP beneficiaries. 

Quizon reminds residents not to proceed to SAP distribution venues without the verification from the LGU because there is no way they will receive anything, such as the case in Gabriela Silang Elementary School. 

To ensure that strict physical distancing protocol is observed, the city government has scheduled the collection of SAP aid per barangay.

Meanwhile, for recipients who were not able to find their names on the list of recipients at the barangay hall, Quizon said they should proceed to the city hall. 

Resident, Jerelyn Ramos, lamented, “Iyong mga kasama ko sa 201 nanggaling na kami sa Phase 3 wala kaming nakuha lahat pero may nakakapag-claim. Galing na kami doon ang sabi wala, nandito daw. Pumunta naman kami dito wala pa rin. Nasaan po?”

The city officer explained, “Kapag naman kasi nag-advise sila na nandoon, definitely ii-inform din sila kung saan at anong oras nila mapupuntahan ang ayuda nila.”

“If ever, it came to a point na sinasabi ninyo na hindi makita ang pangalan, sa office namin makipag ugnayan,” he added. 

Those who have concerns may approach the personnel of the City Social Welfare Action at the main city hall in Caloocan South or at the city hall annex building in Caloocan North. MNP (with details from Rey Pelayo)

DILG says only 108 of 496 Gubat sa Ciudad guests traced so far

Marje Pelayo   •   May 13, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has begun the contact tracing of guests who trooped to Gubat sa Ciudad resort in Caloocan City on Sunday (May 9).

“I must admit na napakahirap po talaga nitong pagko-contact trace dahil sa kapabayaan ng resort na ito,” DILG Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya said.

This is because some of the guests did not provide complete contact information.

“Doon po sa 496 na ‘yun, 232 po ang may cellphone number ngunit hindi po ma-contact ang lahat ng number na ito,” he added.

Out of the  496 guests in the resort’s logbook, only 108 have been contacted so far.

Of the said number, only 72 have undergone rapid antigen tests for possible COVID-19 infection — so far, no one has tested positive, the official said.

Among the guests initially accounted for, 180 are residents of Caloocan; 11 are from Bulacan; three are from Malabon; five from Manila; 26 from Quezon City; and seven from Valenzuela.

Malaya is calling on other resort guests to coordinate with them to be scheduled for swab testing to ensure that they are Covid-free.

“Ang ginagawa po nating contact tracing ay para din sa inyong kapakanan. Gusto lang po naming ma-contact trace kayo at ma-test ang mga may sintomas,” he said.

Malaya added that the DILG has already filed a complaint against the resort’s president, Rodolfo de Guzman Jr.;  Aleli Mansano de Guzman, the general manager; as well as against eight others who are part of the resort’s management.

They are now facing charges for violation of RA 11332 and the city ordinance 0863 series of 2021 of the City of Caloocan.

Shuttered resort in Caloocan City lacks DOT accreditation

Aileen Cerrudo   •   May 11, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—The Department of Tourism (DOT) has confirmed that the resort in Caloocan City found violating health and safety protocols was also found to be operating without DOT accreditation.

In a statement, the DOT reiterated that a DOT accreditation ensures that the establishment has complied with the minimum standards for the operation of tourism facilities and services amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.

The Tourism department commended Caloocan City Mayor Oscar Malapitan “for ordering the revocation of the establishment’s business permit and ordering the closure of the erring resort.”

“The DOT lauds the swift and resolute action taken by the city government of Caloocan against a resort found to be violating health and safety protocols set by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF),” the statement reads.

The department also reminds the public to engage in responsible tourism by observing the health and safety protocols.

Meanwhile, the Caloocan City government has already filed a complaint against Barangay 171 Chairman Romeo Rivera on Tuesday (May 11) at the Sangguniang Panlungsod of the City of Caloocan. AAC

 

DOH: Caloocan resort guests should undergo 14-day quarantine, strict monitoring

Robie de Guzman   •   May 10, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines — Individuals who went to a resort in Caloocan City despite current community quarantine restrictions should undergo a 14-day quarantine period, the Department of Health (DOH) said Monday.

In a virtual press briefing, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the DOH has ordered its Metro Manila office to “strictly monitor” those who went to the resort over the weekend.

“Yung mga nagpunta po sa resort na yan, kailangan po nilang mag-quarantine for 14 days, lahat po sila so that we can ensure na wala pong pagkakahawa-hawaan na mangyayari,” she said.

Vergeire pointed out that Metro Manila is still under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) until May 14 that only allows essential travels, and services to operate.

“Alam po nating lahat na tayo talaga ay doing all of our efforts to contain this disease and alam din po natin na tayo ay nasa MECQ so dapat alam ng ating mga kababayan kung kailan sila pwedeng lumabas at kung ano ang mga places na pwede nilang puntahan,” she said.

Caloocan authorities have ordered the closure of Gubat sa Ciudad resort after it was found to be operational and have accommodated a large number of guests over the weekend despite strict quarantine restrictions.

“Ito po ay mali, hindi po natin ito ito-tolerate. Ayaw po natin na madagdagan pa ang mga kaso,” Vergeire said.

“Nakalungkot po itong pangyayaring ito. Sana po hindi na tularan,” she added.

She also advised establishments to comply with quarantine rules and to only operate when permitted by authorities.

“Dapat din naman ang mga establishments, kailangan po alam din po nila na hindi pa sila pwedeng mag-accommodate ng mga kababayan nating pupunta sa kanila kasi ang mga kababayan natin pupunta diyan kung papayag kayo. Eh binuksan po natin kaya nakapasok po ang mga tao at nakapag-swimming at nakapagsaya ang bawat pamilya,” she said.

Malacañang, meanwhile, stressed that any form of mass gathering is still prohibited in MECQ areas to arrest the spread of COVID-19.

“Naintindihan po natin na mainit ang panahon at marami ang sabik maligo, lumangoy at magpalamig ngunit hindi naman ito dapat maging dahilan, para hindi natin sundin ang guidelines. Inuulit ko po, bawal pa po ang pagtitipon-tipon,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.