Cebu Pacific, PAL to implement new protocols under ‘new normal’
Aileen Cerrudo • May 6, 2020 • 1224
Cebu Pacific and the Philippine Airlines (PAL) will implement new protocols in preparation for the resumption of operations.
Commercial flight operations will remain suspended until May 15 due to the extension of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
Vice President for Marketing and Customer Experience at Cebu Pacific Candice Iyog announced they will intensify their sanitary protocols through “contactless flights”.
“We are implementing additional procedures to assure our passengers and give them the confidence to travel again. Rolling out ‘contactless flights’ will minimize face-to-face contact between our ground staff and our passengers and observe physical distancing,” she said in a statement.
Cebu Pacific encourages its passengers to check in online and will be required to wear face masks upon entry at the airport terminal and for the duration of the flight.
All pilots, cabin crews, ground employees will also wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while on duty. Pilots and cabin crew will undergo rapid antibody tests before they are assigned to operate flights.
Meanwhile, PAL will also require face masks for all visitors as well as its passengers. Thermal scans will be conducted at ticket offices and online check-in is encouraged. AAC
MANILA, Philippines — Onboard Cebu Pacific chartered flight 5J671, additional 1.5 million doses of Sinovac vaccine from China arrived at Terminal 2 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) at exactly 7:58 AM on Friday (May 7).
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III and vaccine czar Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. joined in the welcoming of the vaccines.
So far, the shipment is the highest volume of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine delivered and the seventh batch from China to arrive in the country.
The vaccines were immediately loaded on refrigerated trucks for transportation to a third-party storage facility of the Department of Health (DOH) in Marikina City.
MANILA, Philippines – Budget carrier Cebu Pacific said it will continue to operate scheduled flights amid the declaration of modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) in the NCR Plus area covering Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal from April 12 to 31.
In an advisory, Cebu Pacific said it will continue to serve essential travelers in compliance with the directive of the Department of Transportation (DOTr) which allows only authorized persons outside of residence (APORs) to travel for the time being.
“Cebu Pacific will continue to operate its domestic and international flights as scheduled. However, passengers who wish to postpone their flights and those traveling for non-essential reasons may select their preferred option through the Manage Booking portal on the Cebu Pacific website,” the firm said.
Affected passengers may do so up to two hours before their scheduled time of departure.
Passengers are given the option to rebook (unlimited) or the two-year travel fund option for their affected flight.
For updated advisories, the public is advised to refer to Cebu Pacific’s official website https://www.cebupacificair.com/pages/travel-advisories.
MANILA, Philippines – Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific have both cancelled a number of domestic flights scheduled from March 24 to April 4 in compliance with the directive of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) prohibiting residents inside the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus Bubble areas —Metro Manila, Cavite, Bulacan and Rizal — from exiting to other provinces.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.