Claim that Build, Build, Build program is a failure: Fake news – Cayetano

Maris Federez   •   November 14, 2019   •   1125

MANILA, Philippines – House Speaker Allan Peter Cayetano called out Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon for his statement that the implementation of the Build, Build, Build program was a “dismal failure”.

Cayetano said Drilon’s claim was fake news, pointing out that the Duterte Administration has implemented more infrastructure projects than the past administrations.

“Sa budget pa lang makikita mo na yun. Sa sincerity andiyan din. It’s being done not just for politics but to give people. A safe and comfortable life. Ang tiningnan lang ng senado iyong flagship programs alone and then tiningnan lang nila ano iyong naumpisahan ano iyong hindi,” Cayetano said. (with details from Mai Bermudez) /mbmf

Malakanyang, nanawagang tigilan ang pagpapakalat ng fake news ukol sa martial law

Robie de Guzman   •   January 7, 2022

MANILA, Philippines – Nanawagan ang Malakanyang na tigilan na ang pagpapakalat ng fake news sa gitna ng pandemya.

Kasunod ito ng pagkalat sa social media ng isang audio recording hinggil sa umano’y planong pagdedeklara ng martial law o kaya ay total lockdown ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte upang masugpo ang muli na namang pagtaas ng kaso ng COVID-19 sa bansa.

Ayon kay acting Presidential Spokesperson at Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles, nagdudulot lamang ito ng balisa at pangamba sa mga tao na hindi aniya nakakatulong sa gitna ng sitwasyon.

“Sa mga walang magawa na gumagawa at nagpapakalat nito, tigilan nyo na po ito please hindi ito biro, we are dealing with the real threat that understandably concerns our people,” ani Nograles.

Sa audio recording na unang kumalat sa social media noong Lunes, sinasabing wala na raw papayagang lumabas kapag nagdeklara ng total lockdown kaya dapat ay mag-stock ng pagkaing sasapat sa loob ng isang buwan.

Ayon sa Palasyo, fake news ito at pinayuhan ang publiko na kumuha ng tamang impormasyon mula sa mga mapagkakatiwalaang sources gaya ang opisyal na anunsyo mula sa pamahalaan.

“Fake news po ito. Huwag po tayong magpapaniwala sa ganitong uri ng balita, please get your news and information from credible sources only, kaya naman po binabalita agad natin ang mga bagong hakbang laban sa COVID para alam kaagad ito ng taumbayan,” ani Nograles.

Una nang itinanggi ni Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana ang kumalat na impormasyon hinggil sa martial law.

Giit ng opisyal, walang mabigat na dahilan para gawin ito sa ngayon ng pamahalaan sa kabila ng muling paglobo ng COVID-19 cases sa bansa.

Defense chief on martial law rumors amid rising COVID-19 cases: Fake news

Robie de Guzman   •   January 7, 2022

MANILA, Philippines – Department of National Defense (DND) chief Delfin Lorenzana has denied rumors circulating on social media that the government will declare martial law or a total lockdown to address the rapidly growing new COVID-19 cases.

In a statement, Lorenzana said there is no compelling reason for President Rodrigo Duterte to declare martial law.

“Not true. Fake news. Definitely out of the picture. There is no compelling reason to declare martial law,” he said.

Rumors that Duterte will impose a total lockdown, barring everyone from going out of their homes to address the coronavirus surge have circulated on social media at the start of the week.

This week, the Philippines saw a rapid increase in the number of new infections, with 17,220 additional cases recorded on Thursday.

The sharp increase in the country’s COVID cases is believed to be caused by the local transmission of Omicron and Delta variants.

But Lorenzana pointed out that the latest tally is lower than the over 26,000 recorded in 2021.

He added that while highly transmissible, the Omicron variant is seen to be less aggressive than the Delta variant.

“The highest we had was 26,000+ last year. Today we have 17,220. This variant while more transmissible is less virulent than delta. Less people get seriously sick,” he said.

Due to rising cases, Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, and 14 other areas in the country have been placed under COVID-19 Alert Level 3.

President Rodrigo Duterte have also directed local officials to restrict the movement of unvaccinated persons in a bid to protect them from contracting the virus.

Lorenzana, who also chairs the National Task Force against COVID-19, said the Inter-Agency Task Force is still evaluating on the possibility of implementing stricter measures to combat the COVID-19 surge. (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

Mayor Sara hopes solid support for BBM-Sara Uniteam following Go’s withdrawal from prexy race

Maris Federez   •   December 2, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Vice-presidential aspirant Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said that she is hoping for stronger support for her and presidential aspirant Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos, Jr. with the withdrawal of Senator Christopher ‘Bong’ Go from the race in the 2022 national elections.

In a statement, Mayor Sara said she is hoping that Senator Bong Go’s withdrawal will push for the continuing steps for unity among leaders and supporters.

“Now that Sen. Bong Go has declared his withdrawal from the presidential race and to quote him, ‘for the sake of unity among our supporters and leaders’, tuloy-tuloy na po tayo sa ating pagkakaisa kasama ang BBM-Sara Uniteam upang tayo ay magtagumpay sa ating hangarin para sa bansa,” she said.

Meanwhile, senatorial aspirant Antonio Trillanes IV said that whether or not the BBM-Sara tandem benefits from Senator Go’s withdrawal of candidacy will not affect Vice President Leni Robredo.

“Kasi maaaring lumakas din naman si Isko. Pero hindi rin naman makakaapekto kay VP Leni either way. So, we will just wait for the next survey,” Trillanes said.

The former senator also pointed out that BBM-Sara Uniteam alliances with former administrations will be favorable for the opposition.

“Yung pagsasanib pwersa nila Arroyo, Estrada, Marcos, pati nina Duterte, pabor yan sa oposisyon dahil liliwanag sa mga kababayan natin yung mga iniluwa na ng lipunan eh yun yung mga nagsasama sama,” he said.

On the other hand, the team-up of Senator Panfilo ‘Ping’ Lacson and Senate President Vicente Sotto III said that even if they will not get the endorsement of President Rodrigo Duterte, they will continue the good programs that the present administration has started.

“Ke endorse, ke hindi, talagang yung magagandang programa dapat ituloy. Lalo na yung ‘Build, Build, Build’,” Lacson said. —/mbmf (from the report of UNTV Correspondent Nel Maribojoc)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.