COVID-19 vaccination ng mga menor de edad, sisimulan na sa Oct. 15 – DOH

Robie de Guzman   •   October 11, 2021   •   174

MANILA, Philippines – Pinaghahandaan na ng Department of Health (DOH) ang napipintong pagbubukas ng COVID-19 vaccination para sa mga menor de edad sa bansa.

Ayon kay Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire, sa Biyernes, Oktubre 15 na sisimulan ang pagbabakuna sa mga batang may edad 12 hanggang 17.

Gagawin ang pilot vaccination sa walong ospital sa Metro Manila:

  • Philippine Children’s Medical Center
  • National Children’s Hospital
  • Philippine Heart Center
  • Pasig City Children’s Hospital
  • Fe Del Mundo Medical Center
  • Philippine General Hospital
  • Makati Medical Center
  • Luke’s Medical Center (Taguig)

“They will start on October 15, inihahanda na po ang mga ospital na kasama dito. Nakapag-orientation na po sila, logistics are being prepared already,” ani Vergeire.

Uunahin sa pagbabakuna ang mga batang may co-morbidities pero tiniyak ng DOH na may kapasidad ang pamahalaan na i-monitor at agad tugunan ang posibleng adverse reaction sa bakuna.

“We have that capacity to detect and manage these kind of reactions,” ani Vergeire.

Ang mga bakunang gawa ng Pfizer at Moderna ang gagamitin sa pagbababuna sa mga bata dahil ang mga ito lang ang nabigyan ng emergency use authorization (EUA) sa Pilipinas para gamitin sa mga menor de edad.

Una nang napaulat ang pagpapatigil ng mga bansang Sweden, Denmark, at Finland sa pagbabakuna sa mga menor de edad gamit ang Moderna COVID-19 vaccine dahil umano sa pagdudulot nito ng myocarditis.

Ito ay isang uri ng sakit na nagdudulot ng pamamaga ng muscle sa puso at nalilimitahan ang pag-pump ng dugo kaya nababago ang pintig ng puso ng isang indibidwal.

Ngunit ayon sa DOH, “very rare” o pambihira lamang ang mga ganitong kaso matapos maturukan ng Moderna vaccine.

“Kapag tinignan po natin ang ating datos, even internationally,makikita ho natin, of cases of this type of adverse reaction iyong myocarditis is just less than 1 in a million so ibig sabihin it’s very rare,” ani Vergeire.

“Lahat ng batang magkakaroon o bibigyan ng bakunang ito atin pong imo-monitor ng maigi iyan kaya ang napaka-importante ang benefit outweighs the risk. Kailangan handa ang ating sistema to detect and to manage if ever this will happen,” dagdag pa niya. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Aiko Miguel)

 

PH gov’t eyeing to administer 7 million COVID-19 jabs in second vaccination drive

Robie de Guzman   •   December 7, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine government is aiming to administer seven million COVID-19 vaccine jabs for the second round of nationwide vaccination drive, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said Tuesday.

The second mass immunization campaign is scheduled from December 15 to 17.

“Ang tina-target natin dito, mga 7 million para second dose, para maabot yung ating pinupuntiryang 54 million by the end of the year na bigyan ng kumpletong bakuna,” Duque said in a televised public briefing.

This target is lower than the first vaccination drive conducted last November 29 to December 1 and later extended until December 3.

The government had hoped to inoculate 9 million people during the first three-day immunization campaign. More than 10 million were vaccinated in the extended drive.

The vaccination drive was launched in a bid to scale up the country’s vaccination rate to achieve population protection against COVID-19.

So far, more than 38 million Filipinos have been fully vaccinated out of the 91.7 million doses administered since the immunization was rolled out in March.

The number of individuals who have received their first dose rose to 56.7 million.

The government is aiming to fully vaccinate at least 54 million by the end of the year.

President Rodrigo Duterte earlier expressed hope that the second vaccination drive will also be successful.

“We will have a second round of Bayanihan Bakunahan from December 15 to 17. I hope that we would have the same success. But this time lesser because parang naubos na natin ang Pilipino sa ‘yung what counts sa bakuna kaya medyo there’s a slowdown of the COVID-19,” he said.

He also expressed optimism that the Philippines will be able to overcome the pandemic amid increasing vaccination rate in the country.

Duterte: 10.2 million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in 5-day vax drive

Robie de Guzman   •   December 7, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – More than 10 million COVID-19 vaccines were administered during the five-day nationwide immunization drive, President Rodrigo Duterte said.

“Iyong bakuna nakita naman ninyo, we were able to administer 10.2 million doses throughout the country from November 29 to December 3, which is a huge achievement in our fight against COVID-19,” Duterte said during his pre-taped public address that aired late Monday.

The government had hoped to inoculate 9 million people during the three-day “Bayanihan, Bakunahan” initiative initially set from November 29 to December 1 but was later extended until December 3 to accommodate more people.

The vaccination drive was launched in a bid to scale up the country’s vaccination rate to achieve population protection against COVID-19.

So far, more than 38 million Filipinos have been fully vaccinated since the immunization was rolled out in March.

The number of individuals who have received their first dose rose to 56.7 million.

The government is aiming to fully vaccinate at least 54 million by the end of the year.

With the increasing vaccination rate, Duterte expressed optimism that the country will be able to overcome the pandemic.

“Better days ahead because since December 1, we have been on average of 500 to 600 and the number of active cases continues to go down. I’m talking about the COVID,” he said.

Duterte thanked concerned government agencies, doctors and volunteers for the successful conduct of the Bayanihan Bakunahan.

“We will have a second round of Bayanihan Bakunahan from December 15 to 17,” he said in announcing the new round of vaccination campaign.

“I hope that we would have the same success. But this time lesser because parang naubos na natin ang Pilipino sa ‘yung what counts sa bakuna kaya medyo there’s a slowdown of the COVID-19,” he said.

 

Duterte offers DOH Secy post to OCTA fellow

Robie de Guzman   •   December 7, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has offered OCTA Research fellow Nicanor Austriaco the top post in the Department of Health (DOH) to replace Secretary Francisco Duque III.

During his weekly Talk to the People that aired late Monday, Duterte asked Austriaco if he is open to being designated as the new health chief.

“I would be happy to appoint you as the Secretary of Health. If that is okay with you,” he said after Austriaco finished his presentation on the Omicron COVID-19 variant during the public briefing.

Austriaco declined the offer.

“No po. Secretary Duque is doing a fine job po and he’s a Thomasian po,” he said.

Duterte pressed on with his offer, saying Duque has been asking to be replaced.

“He has shown — he vents a desire really to rest, you know, after all this ruckus against him,” the president said. “Sabi ko I’ve been forcing him to stay but he would be happy to give way to you, I’m sure.”

“Yes, Mr. President, to another Thomasian,” Duque chimed in.

Austriaco, a priest and a molecular biologist, is also part of the team developing the Philippines’ first vaccine against COVID-19.

 

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.