MANILA, Philippines — The family of Christine Dacera is optimistic about the new evidence obtained by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
On Tuesday (January 12), the NBI said they were able to get urine samples inside Christine’s body contrary to the previous result of the autopsy conducted by the Philippine National Police (PNP) that the flight attendant’s bladder was empty.
According to Atty. Brick Reyes, spokesperson of the Dacera family, authorities will be able to determine if Christine was given illegal drugs through the urine samples.
“Naniniwala sila that (They believed) Christine was drugged. Nabigyan ng droga (She was given drugs) against her will and eventually she was sexually molested,” Reyes said.
They further claim there was a cover up in the case.
“They believed that there was a cover-up, at tsaka hinihintay namin iyong second autopsy na hiningi namin dahil sa dinidispute ng pamilya ang resulta ng unang autopsy (and we are waiting for the second autopsy because the family is disputing the result of the first autopsy),” he added.
Based on the forensic test result, the suspects will be identified and the truth behind the allegations will soon be determined.
So far, the group of men who checked in at Room 2207 are still hiding even a certain ‘Mark’ who Christine mentioned to her other friend who she suspected to have put something in her drink.
Reyes said the family also wants to seek help from Congress to revisit the provisions of the Anti-Rape Law.
“I think there is a need for a study on the possible amending the law so that we will add the use of this sexual drugs as a ground for same probable cause,” he said.
“I think maraming nabiktima nitong droga na hindi na nagreklamo (I think there are other victims of this drug who are hesitant to come out),” he added.
Meanwhile, the PNP is asking the fiscal office to defer the preliminary investigation set on January 27 while they are still waiting for the results of the DNA analysis, toxicology/chemical analysis, histopath examination, and laboratory result from Makati Medical Center where Christine was brought on the day of January 1.
Christine’s mother and the PNP, meanwhile, refused to comment on the case at this point. –MNP (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has ordered an investigation into the possible cohorts of an alleged fixer who was recently arrested within the bureau’s premises.
Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said he has sought the assistance of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to probe as well the three Chinese nationals involved in the incident for the initiation of their deportation proceedings if they have committed immigration violations.
“We are coordinating with the NBI in this investigation to see if there are any cohorts inside the Bureau, and to strengthen protocols to prevent illegal fixers from extorting aliens,” Morente said in a statement on Sunday.
The move follows the arrest last Thursday of a law firm employee, identified as Vivan Lara, at the BI’s main office for alleged extortion of three Chinese nationals.
Lara was reportedly an employee of a law office accredited to transact with the bureau. But documents show that her personal accreditation already expired in January and that she is no longer authorized to transact with the BI.
Local media reports stated that Lara was arrested after allegedly receiving P900,000 marked money to process the passports and visas of the three Chinese nationals.
Morente said the arrested individual has been ordered barred from entering and transacting in any BI office, adding that a fact-finding committee has been created to look into the incident.
“We are also investigating the breach of security protocols inside the BI building, as she was able to enter despite her ID expiring last month, as well as use an office for her transaction,” he said.
“We had our men scan CCTV footage to look into possible accomplices of Lara, as well as ensure that the BI grounds are rid of fixers,” he added.
Morente also said that the accreditation of the Calalang Law Office, Lara’s alleged employer, has also been suspended indefinitely, pending the results of the investigation.
The BI stressed that it has strict protocols in place in allowing accredited entities to enter the building. Aside from an odd-even scheme for social distancing, they may only transact at designated windows.
“Only authorized personnel may enter offices. Unauthorized entry (of accredited entities) will merit revocation of accreditation,” he said.
MANILA, Philippines — Tinapos na ng Makati Prosecutor’s Office ang preliminary investigation ng kasong rape with homicide laban sa mga nakasama ng flight attendant na si Christine Dacera nang araw na siya ay namatay.
Ayon kay Atty. Mike Santiago na abogado ng limang respondent, submitted for resolution na ang kaso kung saan hihintayin na lang ang desisyon ng investigating prosecutor batay sa naipresentang ebidensya ng magkabilang panig.
“This case is already submitted for resolution. Ito’y matapos na magsubmit ang most of the respondents ng kanilang respective rejoinder affidavits,” pahayag ni Santiago.
Inaasahang tatagal ng dalawang buwan bago mailabas ng piskalya ang resolusyon.
Sa pagdining ngayong Miyerkoles (February 17), wala nang karagdagang ebidensya na naibigay ang complainant at hinihintay pa rin nila ang report na ilalabas naman ng National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
“Hinihintay lang naman namin ‘yong final word na manggagaling sa NBI kung meron man silang findings na iba or iko-collaborate lang nila ‘yong findings dito ng PNP. Either way ang kampo lang naman ni Mrs. Dacera ay naghihintay,” pahayag ni Atty. Jose Ledda, ang abogado ng ina ni Christine na si Sharon Dacera.
Maging ang Philippine National Police (PNP) ay bigo pa ring maibigay ang toxicology report.
Naghain lang ng rejoinder affidavits ang ilan sa mga respondent para sagotin ang reply-affidavit ni Sharon Dacera.
Naniniwala naman ang mga abogado ng mga respondent na madi-dismiss ang kaso dahil walang sapat na ebidensya o probable cause na magdidiin ang kanilang kliyente batay na rin sa medico-legal report ng PNP.
“Positive naman kami na walang matibay na…walang matibay na ebidensya na iprinisenta ang mga complainants maging ang PNP upang maging batayan sa pagsasampa ng anomang kaso,” pahayag ni Santiago.
Sa ngayon, ang tanging hangarin ng lang ng mga respondent ay ang malinis ang kanilang mga pangalan sa kaso. MNP (sa ulat ni Dante Amento)
MANILA, Philippines—The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will look into the alleged manipulation of pork prices and supply.
Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Menardo Guevarra released the order appointing NBI Officer-in-Charge Eric Distor to head the investigation and case build-up. The DOJ also directed the NBI to submit a report within 30 days.
“If evidence warrants, to file the appropriate charges against persons found responsible thereof,” Guevarra stated in the department order.
Prices of pork and other food supply have soared triggered by the African Swine Fever outbreak and pandemic restrictions.
President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the imposition of a price cap on selected food items in public markets such as pork and chicken to stop the cost from rising further. AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.