MANILA, Philippines – Davao City has reverted to general community quarantine (GCQ) following the increase of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the city, Malacañang announced Friday.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Davao City will be under GCQ beginning Friday, November 20 until November 30.
A one hospital command center will also be established in the city to ensure an “efficient referral system” as private hospitals are mandated to increase their ward bed occupancy up to 30%.
“Further, efforts will be made to address the shortage of nurses in health facilities and to provide additional high-oxygen cannulae, Favipiravir (Avigan), Remdesivir, medical equipment, among others,” Roque said in a statement.
“Accommodation establishments will be tapped to serve as quarantine facilities for health workers as well as the isolation of positive cases of COVID-19,” he added.
Law enforcement agencies are likewise directed to assist in the enforcement of granular lockdowns upon affected communities or clusters, and if necessary, deploy personnel in the city.
Melquiades Feliciano, deputy chief implementer of the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19 for the cities and Bacolod and Cebu, has been assigned to head the teams to be deployed in Davao City to assist in the response activities.
Data from the Department of Health Region 11 showed that as of Nov. 19, Davao City has recorded 5,520 COVID-19 cases, 1,874 of which are active.
The regional Inter-Agency Task Force earlier declared Davao City as a restricted local government unit which limits the movement and entry of travelers who will be visiting the city by either air, land, or sea to curb the rising coronavirus infections.
Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte issued Executive Order (EO) No. 63 which details the requirements and the list of authorized persons outside residence allowed entry to the city. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lucille Lloren)
MANILA, Philippines – Thousands of doses of CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccines have arrived in Davao City on Tuesday as the government continues its vaccination campaign against the viral respiratory disease.
Some 12,000 doses of CoronaVac developed by Chinese firm Sinovac aboard an airplane arrived at the Davao International Airport around 6:45 a.m.
The COVID-19 vaccines were brought to the Department of Health Regional Office for storage.
Some 12,000 doses of SINOVAC vaccines for Covid-19 arrived at the Davao International Airport, Tuesday morning.These…
The city government said the first batch of vaccines will be used to vaccinate over 8,000 frontline workers, primarily those in the healthcare sector in Davao City and Tagum City.
The immunization will start on Friday at the Southern Philippines Medical Center where 3,000 healthcare workers will be first inoculated.
Of these number, around 150 frontliners are expected to receive the vaccine on the first day of the vaccination.
SPMC officer-in-charge Dr. Ricardo Audan, Davao City COVID-19 focal person Dr. Ashley Lopez, and DOH regional director Annabelle Yumang will be among those to be vaccinated in the city. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Marisol Montaño)
The city government of Davao on Thursday said it has stepped up the investigation and contact tracing on the possible source of the city’s first known case of the B.1.1.7 variant of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) first detected in the United Kingdom.
This is after the city reported a case of a 10-year old male who tested positive for the new variant last week.
Dr. Ashley Lopez, the acting chief of the City Health Office, said the case was among the sixth batch of samples sequenced by the Philippine Genome Center on February 8, in which 3 of the 19 new cases of the B.1.1.7 in the country were traced in Davao Region.
Two of the cases are from Davao de Oro and the other one is from Davao City.
Lopez said the health office immediately investigated the case and conducted tracing for the patient’s close contacts.
“The boy was immediately isolated after he tested positive on January 18. He was isolated for 10 days because he was asymptomatic,” he said.
“After 10 days the boy was sent home and continued quarantine for four more days,” he added.
The child has fully recovered on February 1 but remains in quarantine at home, according to Lopez.
The patient’s grandmother, whom he had contact with during the holidays, recently completed a 21-day quarantine. His parents have already taken RT-PCR tests and both have yielded negative results.
The city health official said there is no clear evidence yet on how the boy contracted the B.1.1.7 coronavirus variant.
“The family has no history of travel even in the past year and has no known contact with a suspected UK variant or foreigner. We can’t find a history of exposure to a probable UK variant,” Lopez said based on their assessment.
He said there is no evidence of community transmission of the coronavirus variant in the city.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.