Facial composite of Isulan blast suspect released

admin   •   August 31, 2018   •   4757

Facial composite of the primary suspect in the Isulan bombing in Sultan Kudarat on August 28, 2018. | Police Regional Office 12

 

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) on Friday released the computerized facial composite of the suspect in the deadly bombing in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat that killed three people and wounded 36 others on August 28.

6th Infantry Division Commander Brig. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana is confident of capturing the perpetrators soon since a witness saw the suspects plant the bomb in front of J & H Marketing building near an ukay-ukay (used clothing) store in Brgy. Kalawag 3, Isulan on the day of the incident.

The suspect is described as a 20-25 year old male, 5’6 tall, 55-5 kgs, medium-built and fair-skinned. He was seen wearing black t-shirt and dark colored pants and carrying a black bag pack. He was riding a motorcycle with another unidentified male person wearing white t-shirt and short pants.

CCTV footage of the area have been gathered to give authorities a reference frame of the explosion.

Sobejana added that the AFP has already examined the composition of the IED used in the attack but declined to give further details.

He also dismissed claims that ISIS was behind the blast. He said it was just part the terror group’s propaganda to gain support.

Sobejana said there are indications that the Abu Dawla Islamiya – Abu Turaife Group are behind the attack.  — Lea Ylagan

7 more communist rebels yield in Sultan Kudarat

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 18, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—Seven more members of the communist terrorist group (CTG) surrendered to the Joint Task Force Central in Sultan Kudarat on Sunday (October 17).

Commander of Western Mindanao Command Maj. Gen. Alfredo Rosario, Jr. said the CTG personalities were identified as Oyet, Maymay, Ben, Noel, Nacan, Osing, and Adog.

They belonged to the Platoon Myphone, East Daguma Front, Sub-regional Command-Daguma, Far South Mindanao Region. The said individuals also handed over their firearms, including two cal. 30 M1 Garand rifles, one cal. 30 M2 Carbine rifle, one 12-gauge Shotgun, and one M79 grenade launcher.

“The military is always willing to welcome former rebels/violent extremists who wish to lay down their arms, go back to the mainstream society, and live a peaceful life with their family,” Rosario said.

During the debriefing, alias Oyet expressed his condemnation of the communist group which he described as a ‘godless’ group.

Dako ang pagmahay namo ngano ning apil mi sa teroristang NPA, mayo na lang naa ang 7IB nga wala ngaduha-duha sa pagdawat namo (We regret our decision of joining the NPA terrorists. It’s a good thing that the 7IB is here to accept us without second thoughts),” alias Oyet said.

It can be recalled that on October 13, eight members of the same group surrendered to the 7IB in the municipality of Bagumbayan. AAC

Suspected Abu Sayyaf member nabbed in Quezon City

Robie de Guzman   •   September 15, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Wednesday said it has arrested an Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) member in an operation conducted in Culiat, Quezon City last week.

NBI officer-in-charge, director Eric Distor identified the suspect as Albazir Abdulla alias Abu Saif.

The operatives of the NBI-Counter Terrorism Division (CTD) arrested Abdulla, who is facing kidnapping and serious illegal detention charges for his alleged involvement in the 2001 Golden Harvest Plantation kidnapping case.

The operation was launched after NBI sources reported sightings of Abdulla in Metro Manila. A victim-witness also identified him in a CTD photo line-up as one of the abductors and a member of the ASG.

A series of casing and surveillance operations was conducted by the NBI-CTD in coordination with counterparts from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), to gather more information, which revealed the actual residence of Abdulla.

The arrested suspect was brought to NBI Detention Facility.

Distor said Abdulla is the second ASG member they arrested in Metro Manila this year. In May, operatives nabbed alleged ASG member Wahab Jamal alis Ustadz Halipa at Maharlika Village in Taguig.

The NBI said that the ASG group headed by their late leader Isnilon Hapilon and other senior ASG leaders raided the Golden Harvest Plantation in Brgy. Tairan, Lantawan, Basilan Province.

The terrorists seized the supplies from sari-sari stores and houses; livestock, firearms and ammunition from the plantation security. They also burned a chapel and detained 14 plantation workers, two of whom were beheaded by the terrorist group.

After four months of captivity, the victims were able to escape on separate occasions during the rescue operations by the government security forces.

After the incident, the ASG stayed in the mountains and some of its members assimilated back to society as “sleepers” or “spies,” the NBI said.

Six Abu Sayyaf members yield in Sulu

Marje Pelayo   •   August 27, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Joint Task Force Sulu reported the surrender of Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) bandits on Tuesday (August 24).

The surrenderers were identified as:

  1. Abral Samsidari (under ASG leader Radulan Sahiron)
  2. Marjin Basal (under ASG leader Radulan Sahiron)
  3. Alnajer Kaisal (under sub-leader Alhabsi Misaya)
  4. Basir Lahan (under sub-leader Apoh Mike)
  5. Munil Jumarain (under Almujer Yadah)
  6. Padih Hamsari (under Almujer Yadah)

The group also yielded one bushmaster rifle, two M1 garand rifles and one hand grenade fragmentation.

“Nararamdaman na talaga ng mga kababayan natin na gumaganda na kalidad ng buhay sa probinsya. Nakakatuwa na mayroon na naman tayong mga kapatid na naliwanagan at napiling magbalik loob sa ating gobyerno. Ngayong araw, isa-isa namin silang kinausap para talagang malaman paano ba sila napunta sa ganoong klaseng sitwasyon,” said newly installed 1102ND Brigade Commander Col. Giovanni Franza.

(Our countrymen are beginning to feel the improvement in the quality of life in the province. It feels good to know that some [ASG members] have finally seen reason and decided to return to the government fold. Today we had a chance to speak with them individually to find out how they ended up in the situation they were in.)

The surrender was facilitated by the 35th Infantry Battalion led by Lt.Col. Wilfredo Borgonia.

According to Joint Task Force – Sulu and 11ID Commander MGen William Gonzales, a total of 19 ASG members came forward and formally surrendered to the government forces for this month of August.

The official commended the cooperation of local government units for their part in the campaign for peace in Sulu.

“I am very grateful that the local chief executives are stepping up. We are all hand in hand in preparing these people to reintegrate to mainstream society,” MGen Gonzales said in a statement.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.