Faeldon admits lapses in operation over entrance of illegal drugs from China

admin   •   August 2, 2017   •   4030

FILE PHOTO: BOC Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon

FILE PHOTO: BOC Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon

MANILA, Philippines  — Customs Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon did not deny the lapses in the processing of seized illegal drugs at a warehouse in Valenzuela City last May 26.

It can be recalled Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency National Capital Region Director Wilkins Villanueva claimed in a congressional probe that the said illegal drugs were scattered on the floor when PDEA operatives arrived at the warehouse.

The illicit drugs were also not marked when delivered to an authorized officer of PDEA.

But Faeldon defended the decision of Customs personnel to open the said contraband.

“PDEA operatives were informed 9am.they arrived there past 1 o’clock. That’s more than 4 hours since we informed them. That’s even longer from the time we received information sa China from the time we already operated it,” he said.

READ: President Duterte still trusts BOC Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon

The Customs chief also pointed out that if only PDEA operatives arrived at the scene early, the alleged procedural errors would not have happened.

“If he arrived earlier those procedural errors that we have committed could have been corrected earlier. All his pronouncement are accurate but there are facts that he did not mention,” he added.

Meanwhile, Faeldon noted that they acknowledge the authority of PDEA when it comes to the processing of seized illegal drugs, further adding that the recent error is just an isolated case of miscommunication.

Commissioner Faeldon said one solution he sees in preventing another procedural error in the confiscation of illegal drugs is to join forces with PDEA in conducting operations up to the inventory of the contrabands.  — Aiko Miguel | UNTV News & Rescue

 

PDEA chief clears former presidential adviser Michael Yang of drug links

UNTV News   •   September 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) director Wilkins Villanueva has cleared former presidential economic adviser Michael Yang of any links to the narcotics trade in the country.

Yang is among the personalities being investigated by the Senate for his alleged connection with Pharmally Corporation, a firm from which the government procured the alleged “overpriced” medical goods.

During a pre-recorded meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte aired on Tuesday (September 14), Villanueva belied the allegations of dismissed police officer Eduardo Acierto that Yang has links to the drug trade in Davao City saying such claims are baseless.

“Ano ang allegation ni Police Superintendent Acierto na si Michael Yang is involved sa clandestine laboratory ng Davao City? Nothing in all of those case operation plans [show] that Michael Yang came up doon sa part of the personalities,” he said.

“Kahit hagilapin mo sa lahat iyan, sir, walang Michael Yang dyan,” the PDEA chief told Duterte.

The president himself also defended Yang saying the Senate shouldn’t listen to Acierto — a dismissed officer that Duterte claims had been involved in so many cases.

“Ito namang Senate… if it’s drugs, let it come from the mouth of the PDEA,” said Duterte.

Acierto, who was the former officer-in-charge of the now defunct Philippine National Police Anti-Illegal Drugs Group (PNP-AIDG), claimed that Yang was among the persons behind the large shabu laboratory discovered in Davao City in 2004.

PNP, PDEA nab 3 suspects, seize 80 kilos of shabu in Bataan ops

Robie de Guzman   •   September 8, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — At least 80 kilograms of shabu with a street value estimated at P544 million were seized and three foreign drug suspects were arrested during an operation in Bataan province, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said Wednesday.

The PNP identified the suspects as Qing Chang Zhou alias Ricky Chou, 37; Cai Cai Bin alias James/Joseph Chua, 49; and Longcai Chang, 45.

All of them are natives of Fujian, China, and are residents of Binondo, Manila, it added.

Aside from shabu, authorities also confiscated two vehicles, one android phone and one analog phone from the suspects.

PNP chief Police General Guillermo Eleazar said the operation conducted in Hermosa, Bataan around 4 p.m. on Tuesday was part of the pursuit operation led by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) in Candelaria, Zambales where some 500 kilograms of shabu were also confiscated.

“This was part of the pursuit operations that were immediately launched after the Zambales operation. There were some personalities who were monitored to be leaving in that area in Candelaria so our personnel and these people are among them,” the PNP chief said in a statement.

The Zambales operation resulted in the deaths of drug suspects identified as Gao Manzhu, 49; Hong Jianshe, 58; Eddie Tan, 60 who were all from Fujian, China; and, Xu Youha, 50, from Quezon City.

Xu alias Taba was reportedly the main contact of an international drugs syndicate. He was last monitored to have contacted a member of the international syndicate abroad and this resulted in the buy-bust in Zambales.

“They are known distributors of illegal drugs in Luzon, particularly in Metro Manila, Central Luzon, and Region 4,” Eleazar said.

The Zambales and Bataan operations resulted in the seizure of around 580 kilos of shabu with an estimated value of P3.944 billion, the biggest drug haul this year so far, he added.

Follow-up operations are still being conducted against all the other personalities with links to Xu, the PNP said.

NBI to submit final report on PNP-PDEA misencounter by end of August

Aileen Cerrudo   •   August 23, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is set to submit the final report of its probe on the shootout between agents of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).

The said shootout on February 24 along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City resulted in the death of two police personnel, a PDEA agent and a PDEA informant.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that the NBI aims to submit the final report by the end of this month.

DOJ Secretary Menardo Guevarra said the NBI has collected important information.

“Aside from the tedious process of obtaining cyber warrants, our forensic investigators have had to examine meticulously an average of 22,000 pages of text messages, call logs, videos, and pictures per mobile phone,” he said.

After submitting the report, the NBI will issue a recommendation on the possible charges to be filed against parties responsible for the incident.

PNP Chief Police General Guillermo Eleazar said he welcomes the investigation. The PNP and PDEA signed in July a joint memorandum circular containing the unified guidelines to be implemented and observed by PNP and PDEA operatives during anti-illegal drug operations.

“We need a united front to win the war on drugs and this is what the memorandum circular ensures: that anti-illegal drug operatives work together to stop the traffic of illegal drugs and eradicate the narcotics trade in the country,” he said. AAC (with reports from Dante Amento)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.