Former Pres. Noynoy Aquino denies allegation of destabilization attempt
admin • November 27, 2017 • 4010
MANILA, Philippines — Former President Benigno Aquino III maintains that the Liberal Party has no plans of destroying the current government.
He denied the allegation of being the man behind the rumored destabilization plot.
He believes that if ever there are attempts against the current administration, it is perhaps a decision of the people because of the failed promises of President Duterte.
“Wala kaming pinaplanong ganyan. Kung maganda ang ginagawa nila kuntento ang taumbayan magtatagumpay ang government. Pero kung hindi tama ang ang mga nangyayari, hindi natutupad ang mga ipinangako, hindi maintindihan ang sinasabi dun nagke-create ng dissatifiscation. Hindi sa amin nagmumula yun. Baka dapat tumingin sila sa paligid nila,” said the former president.
(We have no such plans. If their governance is good, then people are satisfied and the government is successful. But if things are not going well, promises are not fulfilled, statements are unclear, then it creates dissatifiscation. It’s not coming from us. Maybe they should look around them.)
Aquino believes there is no reason for President Duterte to declare a revolutionary government.
He added that there are appropriate provisions in the law that will surely address the problems the current administration is facing.
For its part, Malacañang stressed that, at this point, there is no legal basis for Pres. Duterte to declare a revolutionary government.
This, following reports of an alleged massive protest being brewed specifically for November 30 with the aim of pushing the president to declare such.
According to Malacañang, the government sees no threat against the government.
In fact, the majority of the Filipinos still expresses their support to the president.
“We appreciate the calls of president’s supporters for a revolutionary government but I think there is no factual or legal basis as of now because the president has said he would consider a revolutionary government if the destabilizers would persist in their plan to remove him from office,” said Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque. — Joan Nano| UNTV News & Rescue
MANILA, Philippines – Vice President Leni Robredo is among those being considered by the Liberal Party to run as its presidential candidate in the 2022 elections, the political party’s president said on Thursday.
Senator Francis Pangilinan, however, stressed that the party has yet to finalize its decision on the matter.
“Siya ay mataas na opisyal ng partido at pinakamataas na elected official ng partido so she (Robredo) is also being considered,” he said.
Robredo serves as Liberal Party’s chairperson being the highest elected official in the party.
“But she herself has said na wala siyang desisyon, marami pang pwedeng mangyari. But in the meantime, we just focus on how we can help address this pandemic and the economic crisis,” he added.
Pangilinan also said that political issues “can wait” as the country grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Earlier this week, supporters of Robredo launched an online petition urging her to run for president in the upcoming elections.
The petition called “I am ready for Leni” aims to gather 25,000 signatories.
Robredo has yet to issue a comment on the campaign initiated by her supporters but she has earlier said that it is too early to talk about 2022 polls and that she would rather focus on projects providing assistance for those affected by the pandemic. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Harlene Delgado)
MANILA, Philippines — A group of Duterte supporters has caused a buzz on social media for urging the establishment of a revolutionary government.
The group, Mayor Rodrigo Roa Duterte – National Executive Coordinating Committee (MRRD-NECC), is pushing for the declaration of a revolutionary government to be led by the president up to the end of his term.
The said group was among those who encouraged then Mayor Duterte to run for president during the 2016 elections.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said during Monday’s press briefing that a revolutionary government is not needed at this time and that the Duterte administration’s priority is mitigating the socioeconomic impact of COVID-19.
“Ang presidente po natin ay pinuno ng isang constitutional government at di natin kinakailangan ang revolutionary government sa ngayon (Our president is a leader of a constitutional government and we do not need a revolutionary government at this time),”said Roque.
As for calls to file charges of inciting sedition against the revolutionary government advocates, the Palace said their actions do not exhibit clear and present danger and that they are entitled to express their ideas.
Roque also clarified that Duterte is not abandoning his bid for charter change and shift to federalism, but establishing a revolutionary government is not among his “constitutional options.”
Meanwhile, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) have expressed unwillingness to support any initiative to establish a revolutionary government.
In a statement, PNP Spokesperson PBGen. Bernard Banac said the entire police force maintains allegiance to the Constitution.
“The PNP remains true and loyal to the Constitution. We will continue to uphold it and obey legal orders from the duly constituted authorities,” he said.
PNP Chief PGen. Archie Gamboa, meanwhile, said that though he received a text message from MRRD-NECC on August 20 inviting him to a meeting to discuss the matter, he did not receive any physical copy of the invitation.
AFP Spokesperson MGen. Edgard Arevalo, likewise, expressed the same.
“It’s very clear to every soldier, airman, sailor, and marine that our unequivocal fidelity and unwavering loyalty is to the Constitution and to the flag that represents our people and the state,” he said in a statement.
Reacting to the issue, Vice President Leni Robredo criticized the idea as ill-timed, given that the country is facing a pandemic.
Political analyst Edna Co of the University of the Philippines National College of Public Administration, said the matter is “another uncalled for distraction from our collective efforts to deal and manage the COVID-19 health and economic crisis.”
“Hindi karapat-dapat bigyan ng pansin. Hindi ito ang kailangan ng bayan, (This doesn’t merit our attention. The country doesn’t need this), she said referring to MRRD-NECC’s proposal. MNP (with reports from Rosalie Coz)
There is no need to worry about President Rodrigo Duterte’s ‘shoot them dead’ order against those who would disrupt the enhanced community quarantine, according to Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Spokesperson Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles.
In a digital press conference on Thursday (April 2), Nograles said the public should remember that the country is facing a public health issue and not a peace and order issue.
“This is a public health concern. Let’s not complicate things by making it a peace and order problem. It’s already hard and difficult as it is. Let’s focus on one enemy, which is COVID-19,” he said.
The IATF Spokesperson said that despite the ceasefire with the rebel groups. the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are prepared to take action if there is disorder.
“Hindi po papayag ang gobyerno na may manggugulo at may magti-take advantage sa situation na to (The government will not allow anyone who will cause chaos or take advantage of this situation),” Nograles said.
“Alam naman ng mga policemen natin, our AFP kung ano ang protocols pagdating sa peacekeeping and law enforcement (Our policemen, the AFP know the protocols when it comes to peacekeeping and law enforcement),” he added.
On Wednesday (April 1), Duterte warned that he will order the police and the AFP to shoot anyone who creates trouble. AAC(with reports from Dante Amento)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.