Gov’t officials, workers get salary increase today
Marje Pelayo • March 29, 2019 • 24038
MANILA, Philippines — Government employees and officials are expected to get their salary increase for three months on Friday (March 29).
Department of Budget and Management (DBM) officer-in-charge Janet Abuel, through National Budget Circular no. 575, announced the “implementation of the fourth-tranche compensation adjustment for civilian personnel in the national government.”
Abuel emphasized in her circular that government agencies are directed to use “any available appropriations under the 2018 General Appropriations Act, as reenacted” for the increase” as mandated under Executive Order 76 signed by President Rodrigo Duterte on March 15.
With the new salary adjustment, President Duterte is expected to receive a total of P399,739 monthly salary from P298,083 last year.
Vice President Leni Robredo, Senate President Vicente Sotto III, Speaker Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, and Chief Justice Lucas Bersamin will receive a maximum monthly salary of P353,470 this year, an increase by more than P88,000 from P264,721 last year.
Cabinet members, other officials with Cabinet rank, senators and congressmen, meanwhile, will receive a P72,000 increase. Their monthly pay will now be P292.191 from last year’s P223,590.
Teachers and nurses will now get P22,829 adjusted pay rate for earnings ranging from P20,179 to P22,055 last year.
On January 15, 2018, the military and uniformed personnel received their salary increase as part of President Duterte’s promise since he took over as president in 2016. – Marje Pelayo
MANILA, Philippines – Inatasan na ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte ang Department of Budget and Management (DB M) na humanap ng dagdag na pondo para sa pamamahagi ng ikalawang bugso ng government cash aid sa ilalim ng Social Amelioration Program (SAP).
Ayon kay Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, inutusan na ng pangulo si DBM Secretary Wendel Avisado na gumawa ng listahan ng mga ahensiyang maaaring pagkunan ng kinakailangang pondo para sa second tranche ng SAP.
Nasa 18 milyong mahihirap na pamilya sa bansa ang unang target na mabigyan ng ayuda sa ilalim ng government emergency subsidy program.
Aabot sa P205 milyon ang inilaang pondo para sa programa, batay sa nakasaad sa Bayanihan to Heal as One Act.
Ngunit matapos ang pamamahagi ng unang batch ng pinansiyal na ayuda, nadagdagan pa ng limang milyon ang bilang ng pamilya na humihingi ng tulong mula sa pamahalaan dahil sa matinding hirap na dinaranas sa gitna ng COVID-19 crisis.
Inaprubahan na ng pangulo ang dagdag na benepisyaryo ng programa kaya’t kailangan ngayon ng pamahalaan ng dagdag na pondo para tustusan ito.
“Inaatasan niya si DBM Secretary Wendel Avisado, suriin niya ang mga budgetary allocations ng line agencies. Tingnan kung magkano ang pwedeng ma-realign dahil nais niya sana kung pwedeng bigyan lahat ng 23 million families ng ayuda ng 2nd tranche din,” ani Roque.
Una nang inamin ng administrasyong Duterte na paubos na ang pondo ng pamahalaan para sa COVID-19 response at hindi pa tiyak kung saan kukunin ang perang ipang-aayuda sa mga labis na naapektuhan ng krisis.
Nanawagan na rin ang pangulo sa liderato ng Kongreso na tumulong sa paghahanap ng pondo para sa mga programa ng gobyerno. – RRD (mula sa ulat ni Correspondent Rosalie Coz)
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) on Friday said it has released more than P1.9 billion to the Department of Health (DOH) for the procurement of testing kits for the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
In a statement, the DBM said it released a total of P1,912,500,000 to the DOH on April 15 for purchasing Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-COV-2) detection kits.
The fund will cover detection kits for the 68 laboratories expected to be certified by the DOH in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and are estimated to conduct 918,000 tests.
The DBM said the released amount is charged against the pooled savings from discontinued unreleased appropriations consistent with Section 4(v) of Republic Act No. 11469, otherwise known as the “Bayanihan to Heal as One Act”.
MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has threatened to impose a more drastic measure particularly against violators of the government’s lockdown rules as cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continue to climb in the country.
In his late-night address on Thursday (April 16), the President warned of military and police take over if Filipinos continue to break the government’s enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
“I am just asking for your disiplina, kasi kapag ayaw ninyong maniwala, mag-take over ang military at police (I am just asking for your discipline because if you do not obey, the military and police will take over). I am ordering them now to be ready,” the President said addressing quarantine violators.
“Sila na, parang martial law na rin. Mamili kayo (They will take over like in martial law. You decide),” he added.
The President expressed frustration over reports of residents repeatedly violating quarantine rules despite the government’s efforts in providing social relief at this time of crisis.
Nearly two weeks before the extended Luzon-wide ECQ is lifted on April 30, President Duterte said he will be compelled to order the government forces to enforce strict social distancing and curfew measures if the number of quarantine violators continue to increase.
“Ayaw ko pero kapag naipit na ang bayan at wala kayong disiplina, (I don’t want to do it but if the entire country is compromised because you lack discipline),” he warned.
The Chief Executive also directed the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) to investigate the perpetrators of cockfighting and street drinking sessions in Metro Manila amid the ECQ.
He threatened to cut government aid to those who would further ignore ECQ measures.
“May pera pala kayong pangsabong. May pera pala kayo pang-inom. Ibigay ko na lang (sa iba,) [You have money for cockfighting. You have money for drinking sessions, so I might as well give the money [to those in need,] ” the President said.
“There’s not enough to go around. Hindi talaga magkasya. We are getting low sa supply ng pagkain na. Ilang araw na iyan buong Pilipinas pinapakain mo – 18 million families (Our supply especially of food is getting lower. We have been feeding 18 millione Filipino families for days now],” he concluded. MNP (with inputs from Rosalie Coz)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.