Kandidato, arestado matapos mahulihan ng iligal na droga

Maris Federez   •   October 22, 2021   •   297

Inaresto ng mga otoridad ang isang kumakandidato sa pagka alkalde sa North Cotabato matapos na mahulihan ng iligal na droga.

Sa bisa ng search warrant mula sa korte na inihain ng 34th Infantry Battalion at ng Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, naaresto si Tom Nandang na kilala rin bilang Datukon Nandang dahil sa iligal na droga sa Midsayap, North Cotabato nitong Huwebes ng umaga.

Ayon kay Midsayap PNP chief Lt. Col. Rolly Oranza, registered voter si Nandang sa Northern Kabuntalan, Maguindanao, at tatakbo bilang mayor ngayong 2022 elections.

Hindi nanlaban si Nandang, subalit tumanggi itong gumagamit siya ng iligal na droga.

Nakuha sa kanya ang sampung malalaking pakete ng hinihinalang shabu na tinatayang nagkakahalaga ng limang milyong piso at isang .45 caliber pistol.

Nasa kustodiya na ngayon ng PDEA-12 ang naturang suspek at nakatakdang sampahan ng kasong paglabag sa Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 at Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act. —/mbmf (mula sa ulat ni UNTV Correspondent Dante Amento)

Lacson, Sotto test negative for illegal drugs

Maris Federez   •   November 22, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Presidential aspirant Senator Panfilo Lacson and running mate Senate President Vicente Sotto III on Monday (November 22) underwent voluntary drug testing at the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) office in Diliman, Quezon City, and tested negative for drug use, a statement from the Partido Reporma said.

Earlier in the day, Sotto said: “Magkaalaman na kung sino matatapang”.

The Lacson-Sotto tandem said their move was to show that they are drug-free and fit to run in the 2022 national and local elections.

Sotto earlier said that ordinary drug tests only determine “shabu” or  “marijuana” use.

However, the PDEA test that they took, he said, is a ‘’multi-drug one-step immunometric assay for the detection of drugs of abuse in urine.’’

In the statement, Lacson said he and Sotto took a multi-drug screening procedure, which is capable of detecting all types of illegal substances in a human body. They both tested negative for illegal drugs.

The tandem went through all the protocols from the signing up of forms to the submission of their urine samples where an attending physician monitored them closely to ensure the authenticity of the tests.

Last Friday, Lacson suggested Friday conducting a random drug test to candidates following President Rodrigo Duterte’s statement on an unnamed presidential candidate who was into cocaine.

“I have never been addicted to drugs all my life, so I have no problem with that. In fact, we should all undergo random testing to make it more credible,” he said.

Meanwhile, in an ambush interview in General Santos City, Senator Christopher ‘Bong’ Go who is also running for president, reiterated that, although it is not mandatory, he is willing to undergo drug testing any time of the day.

“Ako naman po willing magpa-drug test anytime of the day. Anytime po kung kakailanganin,” Go said.

“Though hindi mandatory, pero just to prove lang po sa Pilipino kung sino yung fit na mamuno sa ating bansa ay willing po akong magpa-drug test, any time of the day po,” he added. —/mbmf

PNP, patuloy na nakikipagtulungan sa imbestigasyon sa mga operasyon kontra iligal na droga

Maris Federez   •   November 3, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Nagbigay pahayag ang Philippine National Police (PNP) kaugnay ng ulat ng Commission on Human Rights (CHR) sa programa ng pulisya kontra iligal na droga.

Ayon kay PNP chief PGen. Guillermo Eleazar, ang naturang mga drug operation din ang kasulukuyang iniimbestigahan ng Department of Justice kung saan nakikipagtulungan na ang pambansang pulisya.

Nais din aniyang malaman ng PNP ang katotohanan sa ilang kwenstiyunableng operasyon ng mga pulis kung saan namatay ang mga drug suspect.

“We in the Philippine National Police would also want to know the truth because these allegations of human rights and extra-judicial killings that have been hounding us in more than five years have resulted in a sweeping generalization that all our operations against illegal drugs are tainted with abuses,” ani Eleazar.

Binigyang diin din ng opisyal na marami ring namatay na alagad ng batas sa pagtupad ng kanilang tungkulin na sugpuin ang mga nagpapakalat ng mga iligal ng droga.

“This is unfair to a number of our operatives who died and were wounded in the conduct of operations and this grossly ignores the fact that the efforts and sacrifices of our men on the ground have resulted in the unprecedented reduction of index crimes across the country,” ani pa ng pinuno ng pulisya.

Base sa resulta ng pag-iimbestiga ng CHR, mula sa bilang na 466 na suspek na umanoy nanlaban sa mga otoridad, 11 lamang ang nakaligtas.

Ayon pa sa CHR, nasa 87 sa mga napaslang ang nagtamo ng maraming tama ng bala sa ibat ibang bahagi ng katawan. —/mbmf (mula sa ulat ni UNTV Correspondent Lea Ylagan)

PNP, PDEA nab 3 suspects, seize 80 kilos of shabu in Bataan ops

Robie de Guzman   •   September 8, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — At least 80 kilograms of shabu with a street value estimated at P544 million were seized and three foreign drug suspects were arrested during an operation in Bataan province, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said Wednesday.

The PNP identified the suspects as Qing Chang Zhou alias Ricky Chou, 37; Cai Cai Bin alias James/Joseph Chua, 49; and Longcai Chang, 45.

All of them are natives of Fujian, China, and are residents of Binondo, Manila, it added.

Aside from shabu, authorities also confiscated two vehicles, one android phone and one analog phone from the suspects.

PNP chief Police General Guillermo Eleazar said the operation conducted in Hermosa, Bataan around 4 p.m. on Tuesday was part of the pursuit operation led by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) in Candelaria, Zambales where some 500 kilograms of shabu were also confiscated.

“This was part of the pursuit operations that were immediately launched after the Zambales operation. There were some personalities who were monitored to be leaving in that area in Candelaria so our personnel and these people are among them,” the PNP chief said in a statement.

The Zambales operation resulted in the deaths of drug suspects identified as Gao Manzhu, 49; Hong Jianshe, 58; Eddie Tan, 60 who were all from Fujian, China; and, Xu Youha, 50, from Quezon City.

Xu alias Taba was reportedly the main contact of an international drugs syndicate. He was last monitored to have contacted a member of the international syndicate abroad and this resulted in the buy-bust in Zambales.

“They are known distributors of illegal drugs in Luzon, particularly in Metro Manila, Central Luzon, and Region 4,” Eleazar said.

The Zambales and Bataan operations resulted in the seizure of around 580 kilos of shabu with an estimated value of P3.944 billion, the biggest drug haul this year so far, he added.

Follow-up operations are still being conducted against all the other personalities with links to Xu, the PNP said.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.