Legalidad ng DAP, dapat pa ring desisyunan ng Korte Suprema ayon sa mga petitioner

admin   •   January 29, 2014   •   2945

(Left-Right) Ang mga petitioners sa constitutionality ng DAP na sina ayan Muna Representative Carlos Isagani Zarate at 2013 Senatorial election candidate Greco Belgica. (UNTV News)

(Left-Right) Ang mga petitioners sa constitutionality ng DAP na sina ayan Muna Representative Carlos Isagani Zarate at 2013 Senatorial election candidate Greco Belgica. (UNTV News)

MANILA, Philippines — Dapat pa ring desisyunan ng Korte Suprema ang legalidad ng Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) ayon sa mga petitioner nito matapos sabihin ng abogado ng gobyerno na hindi na ito umiiral sa ngayon.

Sa kanyang oral arguments sa Korte Suprema nitong Martes, sinabi ni Solicitor General Francis Jardeleza na itinigil na ng gobyerno ang paggamit sa DAP.

Dahil dito, mooted na umano at wala nang saysay ang mga petisyon kaya’t dapat na itong i-dismiss ng Korte Suprema.

“Hindi na nga nagagamit, so magiging argumento namin na wala nang basehan itong mga petisyon na mga inihain,” pahayag nito.

Ngunit ayon sa mga petitioner, dapat pa ring resolbahin ng korte ang isyu kung labag nga ba sa saligang-batas ang DAP.

“That doesn’t make the issue of constitutionality of DAP na hindi i-resolve ng Supreme Court,” pahayag ng petitioner na si Bayan Muna Rep. Carlos Isagani Zarate.

Dagdag pa nito, “Kahit sinasabi ng executive na wala na yung DAP, dapat meron pa ring ruling dahil this is not only for this president. Kahit sabihin pa nila na anghel naman itong presidenteng ito, ginamit namin yung DAP, na-spur ang economy, but what about in the future.”

Ayon naman sa isa pang petitioner na si 2013 Senatorial election candidate Greco Belgica, “The illegal act has already been committed. So regardless na existing pa ngayon or tinanggal na nila, but the act has already been committed. So it is the act that is under consideration. Pangalawa, who will say na hindi mo na gagawin? ikaw din na gumawa? so dapat ma-rule-an.”

Itutuloy ang oral arguments sa February 18 at nakatakda namang maglahad ng kanilang argumento ang Senado at Kamara. (Roderic Mendoza / Ruth Navales, UNTV News)

Supreme Court: Oral arguments on anti-terror act to resume April 27

Robie de Guzman   •   April 22, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The oral arguments on petitions questioning the legality of the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020 will resume on April 27, the Supreme Court (SC) said.

In an advisory, the SC said the next oral arguments would be held via videoconferencing “given the current public health situation.”

“Oral arguments shall resume on April 27, 2021, at 2:30 p.m. which, per prior order, is two weeks after the lifting of enhanced community quarantine in the National Capital Judicial Region,” the SC said.

“This arrangement shall be pro hac vice [for this occasion only] vis-à-vis these consolidated cases. Personal appearance before the Court En Banc remains to e the primary mode of conducting oral arguments,” it added.

The proceedings will be streamed online but will only be limited to an audio feed, the high court said.

The oral arguments on the 37 petitions lodged against the measure were put on hold since last month due to the spike of infections and other COVID-19 concerns.

SC releases copy of decision on Marcos’ electoral protest

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 20, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Supreme Court (SC) has released a copy of its decision junking the electoral protest filed by former Senator Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos against Vice President Leni Robredo.

Based on the 91-page decision of the SC Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET), Marcos’ “allegations appeared bare, laden with generic and repetitious allegations and lacked critical information.”

It also junked the third cause of action of the electoral protest which is the annulment of elections in three provinces: Maguindanao, Lanao Del Sur, and Basilan.

After the recount, Robredo got a total of 14,436,337 votes, while Marcos got 14,157,771 total votes.

Last February, the SC dismissed Marcos’ electoral protest; however, the former Senator said it does not include their third cause of action.

According to the tribunal, Marcos also failed to prove there was an anomaly during the elections and that Robredo was behind it. AAC (with reports from Dante Amento)

Supreme Court extends physical closure of courts in NCR Plus until April 18

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 10, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—Physical courts in the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus will remain closed until April 18, the Supreme Court (SC) announced on Saturday (April 10).

Based on SC Administrative Circular no. 21-2021, all courts in the NCR Plus will continue to operate through videoconferencing and judges can conduct fully remote hearings online.

“Considering the unbated rise of COVID-19 cases, the requests of judges and court personnel, and upon the concurrence of the members of the court en banc; all the courts and judicial offices in the National Capital Judicial Region and the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal shall remain physically closed until April 18,” the circular reads.

The SC said its offices in the NCR Plus can be reached via hotline and email addressed posted on its website.

Meanwhile, the time for filing and service of pleadings and motions during this period is suspended and shall resume “seven calendar days counted from the first day of physical reopening of the relevant court.” AAC

 

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.