LLDA shuts down recycling factory in Carmona, Cavite

admin   •   August 11, 2016   •   4729

IMAGE_AUG-11-2016_UNTV-NEWS_LLDA

The Laguna Lake Development Authority (LLDA) ordered temporary closure of Azzions Recycling Solutions, Inc. in Brgy. Maduya, Carmona, Cavite this morning.

This was after the LLDA discovered and confirmed that the company was disposing foul-smelling wastewater to Carmona River and to Laguna Lake.

The investigation of the LLDA against Azzion Company stemmed from a number of complaints by residents in Brgy. Tubigan about the putrid (pyo͞otrəd) smell of the water flowing from the river.

The agency’s closure order was a welcome relief for residents who have long suffered the foul odor that has been giving them nausea and stomach ache.

“We feel better now because it cannot affect us anymore. The smell was very unpleasant,” said Brgy. Tubigan resident Nelson Morandante.

“We are closing the facilities that discharge harmful wastewater. The President’s directive which is the same order as DENR secretary Gina Lopez is to clean and solve the water pollution,” said LLDA General Manager Nereus Acosta.

LLDA has given the company two weeks to reorganize the facility.

“If they resist, we will go to [filing a] criminal case already,” Acosta warned — Sherwin Culubong / UNTV News & Rescue

Former Cavite Gov. Ayong Maliksi passes away at 82

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 25, 2021

Former Cavite governor Ayong Maliksi passed away at the age of 82. This was confirmed by his son, Imus City Mayor Emmanuel Maliksi, in a Facebook post.

Maliksi served as governor of Cavite from 2001 to 2010. Prior to that he was elected vice mayor then mayor of his hometown, Imus.

He was also appointed as chairman of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office under the Aquino administration.

Ang aming pamilya ay lubos na nagdadalamhati sa pagpanaw ng aking ama, Erineo “Ayong” S. Maliksi.Higit sa pagiging…

Posted by Emmanuel Maliksi on Wednesday, February 24, 2021

The younger Maliksi expressed his gratitude for the help that his father gave in molding him to become a good leader. He also thanked those who supported his father throughout his career in public service. AAC

Cavite gov’t cancels Sangley Airport redevelopment plans with Chinese firm, Macroasia

Robie de Guzman   •   January 27, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Cavite provincial government has cancelled the joint venture agreement to develop the $10-billion Sangley Airport with China Communications Construction Company (CCCC) and Lucio Tan’s Macroasia Corporation, Governor Jonvic Remulla said on Wednesday.

In a Facebook post, Remulla said the provincial government’s Special Selection Committee has recommended the non-approval of the redevelopment of the former airbase as presented by the applying parties “due to various deficiencies” in the submission of requirements.

His office accepted and approved the recommendation on Tuesday, January 26, he added.

This means that the notice of award issued to Macroasia and CCCC for the project to develop Sangley Airport into an international gateway last February 2020 has been cancelled.

Remulla, however, noted that talks about the project with “any qualified partner” will restart and “hopefully have a successful negotiations” by October 2021.

“I still believe that a new international airport is important for the country in the long run and it must be stressed that cancellation is not in prejudice of anyone applying again,” he said.

In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, Macroasia confirmed it received notification on January 27 about the cancellation of notice of selection and award.

The consortium of Macroasia and CCCC were the sole bidders for the Sangley Airport development project when the bidding opened in December 2019.

In August last year, the CCCC was among the Chinese firms blacklisted by the United States for their involvement in Beijing’s reclamation of maritime features and militarization of the South China Sea islands.

The government, however, gave the go signal for the airport project despite the sanctions imposed by the United States against the company.

Only persons aged 15 to 65 can visit malls, Cavite Gov Remulla clarifies

Robie de Guzman   •   December 4, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla on Friday clarified that only individuals aged 15 to 65 are allowed to visit shopping malls in the province during the holiday season.

“As of today December 4, only those ages 15 to 65 years old shall be permitted to enter the mall premises and mall hours shall remain the same,” Remulla said in a Facebook post.

The governor issued the clarification after he announced Wednesday that accompanied minors aged 10 and above, as well as senior citizens, will be allowed to go to malls.

“I was wrong to be too enthusiastic in the resumption of personal freedom for the people of Cavite. I take full responsibility and I apologize,” he said.

Remulla said he made the decision following reports that the Inter-Agency Task Force would allow minors accompanied by their parents and guardians in general community quarantine areas to go out of their homes and enter commercial establishments for the holidays.

“Pagkatapos ko mabasa sa pahayagan na pumayag na ang IATF na papasukin sa mall ang mga accompanied minors ages 15 below ay mabilisan naman ako gumawa ng patakaran para dito,” he said.

“Kahapon ay nagbago na naman ang direksyon: Wala pang malinaw na patakaran ukol sa mga minors sa mall, ayon kay [DILG] Sec. [Eduardo] Año,” he added.

The Cavite governor said he only wanted children to be allowed to go out after being cooped up in their homes due to the pandemic.

“Ang kagustuhan ko lang naman ay mapagbigyan ang mga kabataan na matagal nang naka-bartolina sa bahay. Makaramdam man lang sana ng kaunting saya ang mga bata na makapasyal ngayong kapaskuhan kasama ang buong pamilya,” he said.

“Hindi pala puede. I have no one to blame but myself,” he added.

Metro Manila mayors earlier agreed to maintain the policy against allowing minors from visiting malls.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.