Malacañang claims documentary evidence on questionable MRT 3 deal

admin   •   March 8, 2018   •   4456

FILE: A train of MRT under maintenance

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang has documentary evidence on who benefited from the MRT 3 maintenance deal during the last administration.

Presidential Spokesman Secretary Harry Roque said two whistleblowers approached him claiming that the budget for the maintenance contract was divided into several parts.

One third of the fund allegedly went to a certain Pangilinan group, another part for political machinery while the remaining one third was used for MRT maintenance.

Roque said he will submit the evidence to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Aside from this, the secretary also promised to expose the information he has received on the alleged anomalous maintenance contract of the past administration with Busan Universal Rail (BURI) in the coming weeks.

“I have some documentary evidence already. Perhaps beginning next week I will devote one day a week in disclosing facts and details about the plunder of MRT 3,” he said.

Meanwhile, Roque denied that one of the whistleblowers who approached him was former MRT general manager Al Vitangcol.

The official is also hoping that the Office of the Ombudsman is already doing its parallel investigation since plunder and graft complaints had been formally filed against several past administration officials last year. — Rosalie Coz | UNTV News & Rescue

1 injured, 1 nabbed in MRT-3 stone-throwing incident

UNTV News   •   November 21, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Authorities apprehended an individual over a stone-throwing incident on Sunday morning at the MRT-3 Taft Avenue Station “which caused severe damage to a train window, and injured a male passenger.”

In a statement, the Department of Transportation said that a scavenger reportedly threw the stone which struck a window of the third car of the train, causing it to be damaged.

The incident also left a 51-year old male passenger injured. The passenger was immediately attended to and was given first aid at the Magallanes Station. He was later brought to the San Juan De Dios Hospital at Pasay for further medical attention.

Meanwhile, the suspect was tracked down at a construction site near a hotel along Taft Avenue, Manila.

The MRT-3 management condemned the incident and assured the public that appropriate legal charges will be filed against those involved in the incident.

“Necessary steps will also be taken to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future,” it said.

Further investigation of the incident is ongoing.

 

Harry Roque to seek Senate post in 2022 polls

Robie de Guzman   •   November 15, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque on Monday confirmed he would run for senator in the 2022 national elections.

Roque made the announcement during a Palace briefing, on the last day of filing for substitution of candidates for next year’s polls.

“Ito na po ang huling araw na makakasama n’yo ako bilang inyong presidential spox, IATF spox at spox ng bayan,” he said.

“Masaya akong mission accomplished na po tayo. Iiwan ko ang trabaho ko na mas mabuti kumpara sa ating nadatnan,” he added.

Roque said he will be running for Senate with the endorsement of vice presidential aspirant, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.

“Babalik po sana tayo sa Kongreso ng Pilipinas, doon po sa Kamara ng Senado… Nais ko pong maging action man sa Senado,” he said.

Roque previously said he would run for senator next year if Sara Duterte-Carpio will seek a national post.

He ended his press briefing with a video message from Duterte-Carpio endorsing his candidacy.

“Ito po ang inyong spox Harry Roque na nagsasabi, I love you, Philippines,” he said.

Roque served as presidential spokesman in 2018 but he quit his post to run for senator in the 2019 elections. He later withdrew his candidacy due to health reasons.

He returned as Duterte’s spokesperson in 2020.

Malacañang has yet to announce Roque’s replacement.

Batas, kailangan bago ipagbawal ang hiring sa hindi bakunado —Malacañang

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 21, 2021

Bagaman isinusulong ng Malacañang sa kahalagahan ng pagbabakuna ng ating mga kababayan kontra COVID-19, iginiit nito na kinakailangan pa rin ang isang batas bago ipagbawal ang hiring sa trabaho ng mga hindi pa nababakunahan.

Ayon kay Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque Jr. hindi maaaring basta na lamang ipagbawal ang hiring sa trabaho ng mga aplikante na hindi pa bakunado kontra COVID-19.

“Kinakailangan po siguro ng batas kung ipagbabawal ang pagha-hire ng mga non-vaccinated individuals,” aniya.

Isa sa mga suhestyon ng pribadong sektor para mapalawak pa ng pamahalaan ang COVID-19 vaccination rollout ay ang gawing requirement ang bakuna sa hiring sa trabaho.

Pero para sa labor group na Associated Labor Unions-Trade Union Congress of the Philippines (ALU-TUCP), discriminatory ang nasabing panukala at hindi makakabuti sa ekonomiya ng Pilipinas.

Giit ng ALU-TUCP spokesperson Alan Tanjusay, marami sa mga Pilipino ang hindi pa rin nababakunahan kaya’t hindi maari na bakunado lamang ang papayagan ng pamahalaan na makapag-apply sa trabaho.

“Babagsak ang ating ekonomiya, maraming mga manggagawa at kanilang pamilya maghihirap dahil kulang po ang supply ng bakuna at hindi pa sila nababakunahan,” aniya.

Sa halip na higpitan ang mga mangagawa na hindi pa bakunado, iginiit ng labor group na dapat solusyunan ng pamahalaan ang mas mabilis na access sa bakuna ng ating mga kababayan lalo na ang mga nasa malalayong lugar.

“Dapat ang pagtuunan natin ng pansin ay paano ba mababakunahan at papaano ba mapaparating ang mga bakuna doon sa mga probinsya at liblib na lugar kung saan maraming mangagawa ang naghihintay at nangangailangan ng bakuna,” ayon kay Tanjusay.

Samantala, sa panayam kanina kay Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Secretary Silvestre bello III sa isang news program, sinabi nito na may legal na basehan na umano, upang obligahin ng mga employer ang kanilang mga empleyado na magpabakuna sa ilalim ng Alert Level 3.

Gayunman hindi naidetalye ng kalihim kung ano ang binabanggit nitong legal basis sa pagpapabakuna.

Pero nang tanungin sa isang interview si DOLE Usec. Ana Dione, nilinaw nito na wala pang batas na nag-oobliga sa mga mangagawa na magpabakuna laban sa COVID-19.

“Ang requirement na bakunado ang isang empleyado medyo wala po tayong basehan diyan, wala pong basis in law, so ibig sabihin hindi po pupwedeng gawin ng mga kumpanya yan.

“As a basis, yung unvaccinated as basis of termination palagi po nating inuulit, sinabi at uulitin na yan po ay discrimination. If ang termination niya ang sole basis noon ay unvaccinated hindi po, bawal po iyan,” dagdag nito. (Ulat ni JP Nuñez)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.