Mayor Isko confirms meeting with Robredo, Pacquiao
MANILA, Philippines – Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso on Monday confirmed that he had a meeting with Vice President Leni Robredo and Senator Manny Pacquiao ahead of the period for filing of candidacy for the 2022 elections.
“Yes we had a meeting and Vice President Robredo so we’re trying to reach out to each and everyone. Ako naman meron ako tengang lagi na pewde makinig eh. Wala naman masamang makinig eh,” Domagoso said.
He, however, refused to divulge any information on what transpired during the meeting.
“I’m not in the liberty to discuss the details. But I can confirm there was a meeting and hopefully there will be more meetings ‘no na pewde namin pag-usapan ang mga bagay-bagay,” he said.
Mayor Isko expressed hope that decisions related to the 2022 elections will be made soon.
“I’m very optimistic that things will be better when we heal the wounds with our fellowmen. Mas madaling makaka-move on. And I’m hopeful decisions will be made in a couple of days now,” he said.
Moreno recently took an oath as the president of the Aksyon Demokratiko political party but he has yet to reveal his final plans for the next year’s polls.
Pacquiao on Sunday formally declared his plan to seek the presidency when he accepted the nomination of his PDP-Laban faction to be its presidential bet in the 2022 polls.
Robredo, for her part, expressed willingness to become the opposition’s unity candidate.
Mayor Isko to adopt Duterte in senatorial slate for 2022 polls
(L-R) Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso and President Rodrigo Duterte
MANILA, Philippines — Presidential aspirant Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso announced Monday (December 6) that he is ready to support the candidacy of President Rodrigo Duterte in the senatorial race in the 2022 national and local elections.
In a press briefing in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Moreno said he is ready to adopt the president into the senatorial slate of the Aksyon Demokratiko party.
“I am going to vote for him personally and I am going to endorse him hopefully kung papayag siya, I’ll be honored. I’ll be humbled and honored na umoo si Pangulong Duterte. Nakuha ko nga siyang iboto, hindi ko pa ba siya makuhang i-adopt?” Moreno said.
Moreno said Duterte has undeniably proven his competence and capability as head of state, making him more qualified to be a senator. —/mbmf (from the report of UNTV Correspondent Nel Maribojoc)
Dizon denies involvement in Isko Moreno’s campaign team
MANILA, Philippines – Testing czar Vince Dizon on Thursday denied claims he is part of the campaign team for a certain political candidate.
Dizon issued the statement after Lito Banayo, the chief campaign strategist of Mayor Isko, earlier said that Dizon has joined their team as deputy campaign manager and head of statistical research.
Earlier in the day, Malacañang also issued a statement denying Banayo’s claims.
“I confirm the statement of Cabinet Secretary and acting presidential spokesperson Karlo Nograles that I am not involved in any political campaign,” Dizon said.
“My focus is on the national government’s overall COVID-19 response and recovery, including the country’s vaccination program,” he added.
Dizon is also deputy chief implementer of the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19. He formerly served as president of the Bases Conversion and Development Authority but he quit the post last October.
Palace denies claims Vince Dizon joined Isko Moreno’s campaign team
MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang on Thursday denied claims that Cabinet member, Secretary Vince Dizon has joined the campaign team of presidential hopeful Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso.
“There is no truth to the reports circulating that Secretary Vivencio ‘Vince’ Dizon allegedly joined the campaign team of a presidential aspirant,” Presidential Spokesperson Karlo Nograles said in a statement.
Nograles issued the statement after Lito Banayo, the chief campaign strategist of Mayor Isko, on Wednesday said that Dizon has joined their team as deputy campaign manager and head of statistical research.
Dizon serves as testing czar and deputy chief implementer of the National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19.
“Sec. Dizon remains a working member of the Cabinet of the Duterte Administration as Presidential Adviser for COVID-19 response,” Nograles said.
“Sec. Dizon is focused on the vaccination efforts of government, and not with any political campaign,” he added.
Dizon formerly served as president of the Bases Conversion and Development Authority but he quit the post last October.