Metro Manila Police to donate P100 each for Taal volcano eruption victims
Maris Federez • January 17, 2020 • 692
MANILA, Philippines — Members of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) will contribute Php100 each as their collective donation to the victims of the Taal Volcano eruption.
NCRPO acting director Police Brigadier General Debold Sinas said, the Php100 contribution of each police personnel will be deducted from the Php3,000 combat duty allowance that President Rodrigo Duterte issues to them monthly.
The senior police officers, meanwhile, signified that they will donate the whole Php3,000 to the victims.
The NCRPO expects to collect a donation of not lower than Php2.5-Million.
“That is the effort of NCRPO to help and assist the evacuees of the Taal Volcano eruption,” Sinas said.
On the other hand, rather than collecting Php100 each from the 500 NCR police whose families are also victims of the earthquakes brought about by Taal’s explosion, the NCRPO will instead grant them Php10,000 each as financial aid.
Meanwhile, more than 1,000 police from the Reactionary Standby Support Force (RSSF) stationed at Camp Crame will be deployed to Cavite and Batangas to give assistance to the victims and maintain security in the areas affected by the Taal explosion.
According to PLtGen. Guillermo Eleazar who heads the PNP Directorial Staff, the said police personnel will augment Police Calabarzon who had been deployed in the area for several days now.
“Yung mga pulis na nagbabantay doon since noong Linggong ito ay meron silang mga kamag anak at pamilya na naapektuhan din ng kalamidad dahil doon sila naka assign at doon din sila nakatira most of them. Kaya mas maganda na halinhan muna ang mga ito ng mga tropa natin galing sa NHQ, para sila ay makabalik sa kanilang mga bayan at pamilya at matulungan naman,” Eleazar said.
The said augmentation force who were issued face masks, goggles, and Php500 per day food allowance will stay in their assignments for three days and will be replaced on Monday by another batch of RSSF police. — (from the report of Lea Ylagan) /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) has recorded one of the biggest amounts of methamphetamine hydrochloride, commonly known as “shabu”, confiscated by local police during an anti-illegal drug operation on Friday night, May 22, along C6 Road in Lower Bicutan, Taguig City.
The combined anti-illegal drug efforts of the Regional Intelligence Division/Regional Special Operations Unit- NCRPO, Regional Drug Enforcement Agency, District Intelligence Division- Southern Police District and Taguig City Police Station together with Philippine National Police- Drug Enforcement Group Special Operations Unit 4, all under the leadership of PMGen. Debold Sinas resulted in an armed encounter against the two (2) armed suspects.
The NCRPO chief identified the suspects as Ryan Labandaria and Ervyn Querubin.
The arrest was made through a buy-bust operation wherein a police operative acted as a poseur buyer.
The suspects, however, noticed that they were dealing with the police and a scuffle ensued. The suspects then fled the scene on board a black Nissan Navarra with the police on their tail.
The police said the suspects were subsequently apprehended and the operatives yielded twelve (12) large packs of dangerous drugs wrapped in Chinese Tea Bag packaging with an estimated weight of more or less 12 Kilograms of suspected shabu, and with an estimated DDB Value of Php 81.6-million.
Aside from the drugs, the police were also able to confiscate the following:
one .45 caliber pistol with one magazine loaded with six (6) live ammunitions;
one KG9 sub machine gun with one live ammunition for chamber load inserted with banana type magazine loaded with nine (9) live ammunitions; and,
one extra banana type magazine loaded with nine (9) live ammunitions
Police said an ambulance was called to bring the wounded suspects to hospital for medical treatment.
All evidence had also been brought to the RSOG-NCRPO for safekeeping, while the illegal drugs will be submitted to the Crime lab for examination.
Sinas, meanwhile, commended the operating teams for what the chief called a remarkable accomplishment of Team NCRPO’s war against illegal drugs.
“This accomplishment is reflective of Team NCRPO’s dedication and unwavering support of the marching order of the President and the Chief, PNP to cleanse the Metro from proliferation of illegal drugs,” Sinas said.
“With the largest amount of shabu busted by Team NCRPO so far this year, we have also minimized its possibility of destroying the lives and future of our fellowmen,” he added. — /mbmf
MANILA, Philippines – Senator Panfilo Lacson on Friday appealed to some social media users to stop sowing hatred towards Metro Manila’s police chief who was embroiled in controversy after allegedly violating quarantine protocols during a “mañanita” held for his birthday last week.
Lacson said National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Major General Debold Sinas has already “apologized and regretted his indiscretion,” and that he has been “bashed, criticized and pilloried both on social media and mainstream media” for the incident.
“Whichever way one looks at it, NCRPO chief Police Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas set a bad example in committing what he did during his birthday ‘mañanita’ or whatever he wants to call it,” he said in a statement.
“Certainly, he should get the punishment he deserves even as the appropriate authorities are already investigating him,” he added.
“However, we may also want to take into consideration his long law-enforcement service to the country and the Filipino people, and his present efforts in supervising the checkpoints all over Metro Manila to make us safe from the coronavirus threat,” he further stated.
But Lacson clarified that his statement is “not to suggest forgiveness or absolution” for Sinas.
“Rather, it is an appeal to concerned netizens not to rub salt to injury by going to the extent of posting out-of-date photos to sow more hatred towards Sinas by exploiting the naïveté of certain individuals to join the bandwagon of hate towards the police officer,” he said.
Sinas earlier apologized for what transpired during his birthday, saying he did not intend to disobey protocols related to the implementation of the ECQ to contain the spread of COVID-19.
He also said that some of the photos circulating online were “edited and grabbed from old posts” and do not define the totality of what really happened.
The photos, earlier posted on the NCRPO Facebook page, showed Sinas handing cakes and roses during the event. A photo also showed Sinas sitting at a table with guests.
The photos were said to be taken during a party held for Sinas to celebrate his birthday. Police officers gave him a mañanita, a traditional early morning serenade, where they dine together.
The said event was met with criticism for allegedly breaking quarantine rules.
Philippine National Police chief General Archie Gamboa said he already ordered a probe into the incident.
Interior Secretary Eduardo Año also said that Sinas, as a police official, should serve as an example in following protocols especially those related to the containment of COVID-19.
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police Internal Affairs Service (PNP-IAS) has identified violations of quarantine protocols by some police officers and staff of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) during the controversial birthday celebration of MGen. Debold Sinas on May 8.
According to IAS Inspector General Alfegar Triambulo, the 19 NCRPO officers and staff include one major general, six brigadier generals, seven colonels, one lieutenant colonel, two police majors and two police corporals.
“Violations na nakita ninyo rin — social gathering, walang face masks, (social) distancing [The same violations that you identified — social gathering, non wearing of face masks, social distancing],” said Triambulo.
“Pictures speak a thousand words,” he added.
The IAS Chief said all concerned may face multiple administrative and criminal charges for the said violations.
“Iyong ordinansa ng Taguig na non-wearing of face mask. Sa admin, iyong EO 112 ni PRRD na in-adopt yung sa resolution ng Task Force. Tapos iyong NAPOLCOM circular, iyong mga willful violation na hindi pagsunod, mga neglect [A charge for violation of the Taguig ordinance on non-wearing of face mask, an administrative charge for violation of PRRD’s EO 112 that was adopted in the Task Force’s resolution, then the willful violation of the NAPOLCOM circular, disobedience and neglect],” Triambulo added.
Atty. Triambulo confirmed, however, that the picture which showed beer bottles on the table was an old one.
Meanwhile, PNP Spokesperson PBgen. Bernard Banac clarified that as of press time, Sinas remains as the NCRPO Chief contrary to earlier reports on social media that the NCRPO has appointed a new director.
“Sa ngayon ay walang movement sa mga top officials ng NCRPO [For now, there is no movement among top officials of the NCRPO],” Banac said.
Several pictures went viral on social media which showed officers and staff of NCRPO in a social gathering in what was confirmed as a surprise birthday party for MGen. Sinas.
The pictures drew mounting criticisms from netizens citing the groups’ violation against government protocols on social distancing which have been strictly imposed to curb the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). MNP (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.