NCRPO relieves 62 Caloocan police, mulls retraining of entire Caloocan police force
admin • September 15, 2017 • 6259
National Capital Region Police (NCRPO) chief Oscar Albayalde is set to relieve the whole Caloocan police force.
The NCRPO chief made the announcement after another dubious incident involving some members of Caloocan police station 7 who allegedly barged inside a house without any search warrant last night.
This is also aside from the police Caloocan who were allegedly involved in the killing of Kian delos Santos, Carl Arnaiz and Reynaldo de Guzman.
Albayalde said that the plan to relieve the one thousand members of the Caloocan police is a preemptive measure.
They have to undergo 45 days retraining to avoid irregularities to happen again.
“But somewhat there was a sudden change to have all the members of the PCP 4 to have report just like night and also this morning,” said Caloocan Police District chief PSSupt. Jemar Modequillo.
“But he already said that before during our conference last week, but I said to him that it is a good idea so that we have an immediate action with regard to different issues in Caloocan,” said the chief.
As of today, 62 policemen, including 13 members of the public safety battalion of the northern police district are already relieved.
They are mostly from stations 7, 4 and station 2.
While under retraining, the police from the regional public safety battalion which were used as a contingent for the ASEAN will replace the relieved police officers.
The PNP assures the public that their operation in Caloocan will not be interrupted even if a big number of police personnel will be relieved.
It can be recalled that on August 18, the Caloocan police district has been awarded as Manila’s Best Police Station, the award was given by PNP chief Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa. — Mon Jocson | UNTV News & Rescue
MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said it is in favor of relaxing the quarantine classification in Metro Manila from General Community Quarantine (GCQ) to Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
According to NCRPO Director PMGen. Vicente Danao Jr., this is to ease the load of police officers who have been monitoring quarantine controlled points for almost one year.
“It could be a very very welcome development for all of us at least. Siguro nakikita ng taas na nako-kontrol na natin ang virus. Hopefully, as long as hindi po natin maba-violate ang basic health protocols (Maybe the higher-ups are seeing we are controlling the virus. Hopefully, as long as we do not violate the basic health protocols),” he said.
Aside from this, easing the quarantine classification can also help them in focusing more on their anti-illegal drugs, anti-criminality, and anti-terrorism campaign.
Meanwhile, Danao also reiterated that the public should still follow the minimum health and safety protocols.
“Let us be responsible enough to really, follow the basic like wearing a facemask, face shield, social distancing,” he said. -AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
MANILA, Philippines – Police investigators will submit additional pieces of evidence before the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office as it resumes Wednesday the preliminary investigation into the death of Christine Dacera, the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said Tuesday.
“Tomorrow is 27. We will be submitting all available evidence. Sana lang ma-appreciate ng fiscal for finally filing the information against the suspects. Kung wala naman eh definitely, the case will be dismissed,” NCRPO chief Major General Vicent Danao Jr. said.
Danao, however, refused to provide details on the matter.
The NCRPO chief also did not specify whether he has implemented the directive of PNP chief General Debold Sinas to relieve the head of the Makati Police and other police officers due to possible liability in the handling of Dacera’s case.
The PNP Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management (DIDM) earlier recommended the relief of Makati Police chief Harold Depositar, two investigators of the case, and a medico-legal officer pending the investigation on their possible negligence and lapses in handling the case.
The preliminary investigation of Dacera’s case initially began on Jan. 13 but it was moved to Jan. 27 at the PNP’s request as it still awaits the results of forensic tests conducted on Dacera’s remains.
Seven of the 11 respondents to the case attended the initial preliminary investigation.
Dacera was found unconscious in the bathtub of a room in Makati hotel on January 1 after a night of partying with some friends. She was rushed to a hospital where she was declared dead.
Initial autopsy stated that Dacera’s cause of death was ruptured aortic aneurysm. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Lea Ylagan)
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detention Group (PNP-CIDG) operatives have captured another ranking rebel leader, Allan Morales, who is wanted by the court to stand trial for murder.
In an advisory, the PNP Public Information Office said that the operation was under the instruction of PNP chief, PGen. Debold M Sinas to “intensify the implementation of court processes against CPP-NPA-NDF personalities wanted by the law for criminal cases.”
The move was also in support to Executive Order No. 70 creating the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC).
The PNP said Morales, who uses the aliases Joseph Erwin Rimando, Alvin Advincula, Budlat and Dante Morales, was arrested by a composite police-military team led by CIDG, NCRPO and JTF-NCR in Saphire Street, Brgy. Payatas B, Quezon City at 12:00 noon on Wednesday (January 6).
The arresting team served a Warrant of Arrest issued by Tagbilaran City RTC Branch 4 presiding judge Sisinio C. Virtudazo for the crime of murder.
Based on the reports by CIDG Director, PMGen. Joel Napoleon Coronel, authorities have confiscated from Morales the following:
eight barrel assemblies for M4 assault rifle;
one fragmentation hand grenade;
one KG9 9mm submachine gun with one magazine and 22 pieces of 9mm ammunition; and
one caliber .45 pistol with on magazine assembly loaded with seven rounds of cal.45.
Morales is the Deputy Secretary of the Regional Committee of the Negros-Cebu-Bohol-Siquijor (NCBS) Regional Committee of the CPP-NPA-NDF.
He is formerly the Secretary of Regional Peasant Sugar Workers Bureau (RPSWB) of Negros, a former Secretary of Regional Committee for Central Visayas, and a former Secretary of the National Youth Student Bureau.
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.