Over 200 families lost their homes in Manila fire

Aileen Cerrudo   •   October 22, 2019   •   412

Over 200 families have lost their homes after a fire broke out in Sta. Cruz, Manila on Tuesday (October 22).

Based on the accounts of several residents, a power line exploded and caused a fire in their area around 12:00 p.m.

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said the fire quickly spread because the houses at the compound were made of light materials. They immediately raised the alarm to Task Force Bravo.

Manila Fire District District Fire Mashall F/Ssupt. Rodolfo Denaga said they find it difficult to control the fire because they couldn’t reach the base of the fire.

“Kung makita po natin, wala tayong access doon sa base of [the] fire, (If you can see, we have no access to the base of the fire)” he said. “Sa fire fighting kasi, kailangan nating ma-hit ng ating water stream iyong base of fire. So, iyon po ang problema natin, (In fire fighting, our water stream should hit the base of the fire. So, that is our problem).”

No casualties have been reported so far. However, one fireman was given first aid after getting hit by a falling object.

The victims of the fire are temporarily taking shelter at the Rizal Avenue covered court.—AAC (with reports from Asher Cadapan Jr.)

Fire hits three warehouses in Malabon

Aileen Cerrudo   •   June 8, 2020

A fire razed three warehouses in Malabon on Monday morning (June 8).

According to the Malabon Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the fire began around 1: 45 a.m. and reached 4th alarm. Fire authorities have been putting out the fire for over 12 hours.

The fire began in one of the warehouses in Barangay Potrero and it spread to the two adjacent warehouses. According to Malabon BFP Chief Investigator SFO4 Rogerio Gayon, all the warehouses were filled with appliances.

“Marami siyang naka-store na mga kagaya noong mga TV. Kaya noong nasunog siya, iyong apoy, baka may nasa ilalim kaya kailangang halukayin, he said.

Based on the initial report of the BFP, damage to property is estimated to reach P15-million.

Meanwhile, no casualties were reported in the incident. Authorities are still investigating the cause of the fire. AAC (with reports from Asher Cadapan Jr.)

TAGS   ,

800 families lost their home after Mandaluyong fire

Aileen Cerrudo   •   June 2, 2020

A huge fire hit Barangay Addition Hills in Mandaluyong City on Monday (June 1).

Dennis Madeo and his two children were at home when the fire broke out. Still in recovery from a stroke, Dennis was not able to save some of their belongings. His wife, who just got back to work during the general community quarantine (GCQ), was safe.

He and his family are currently staying at a evacuation center, still unsure of where to live.

Dennis, along with the other residents, is calling for the government for assistance.

Sana tulungan kami […] hindi ko masabi kasing itong anak ko dalawa (I hope they help us […] I cannot tell what will happen, because I have two children),” he said.

According to Milagrosa Lagadan from the Mandaluyong City Social Welfare and Development, they can only provide limited assistance to the residents.

While they can provide food assistance, the local government cannot provide other necessities including clothing and personal hygiene kits.

The fire reached General Alarm with around P2 million worth of damage. –AAC (with reports from Dante Amento)

250 families lost their homes in Davao City fire

Aileen Cerrudo   •   April 30, 2020

Over 250 families lost their homes in a fire at New Society Village in Barangay Ilang, Davao City on Wednesday (April 29).

Based on the initial investigation of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the fire started at 2:30 a.m. and lasted for two hours. The cause of the fire possibly came from electrical ignition. No casualties were reported in the incident.

According to Barangay Captain Amado Babao, they continue to observe social distancing protocols even when the affected families are currently in evacuation centers.

“Itong mga nasunugan, idinivide natin ito sa tatlong groups para ma-observe natin ang social distancing sa mga taong nasunugan, (The families affected by the fire are divided into three groups to observe social distancing),” he said.

Meanwhile, Davao City government said they will install individual shelters for the quarantined persons affected by the fire. AAC (with reports from Janice Ingente)

TAGS   ,

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.