P6.8-M worth shabu seized in Las Piñas, QC buy-bust operations

admin   •   July 2, 2018   •   5650

 

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) has confiscated over P6-million worth of suspected shabu from separate anti-drug operations in Las Piñas City and Quezon City.

First to be arrested were three suspects who were caught selling illegal drugs to PDEA operatives at a shopping mall’s parking area in Las Piñas on Sunday, July 1.

They were identified as Momina Kiaban Kusin, Laila Dali Kamsa, and Christine Bermejo.

Authorities recovered half a kilo of alleged shabu worth P3.4 million from the three women.

The agency said, the suspects have already smuggled shabu twice from their supplier, alias Ladj, in Talitay, Maguindanao.

The supplier is allegedly connected to a Maguindanao mayor. PDEA declined to identify the official while investigation is underway.

Meanwhile, in another mall in Congressional Avenue, Quezon City, PDEA recovered the second bulk of illegal drugs worth P3.4 million.

Authorities arrested siblings, Abdul Socri Daromimbang and Salman Daromimbang who also sold drugs to PDEA operatives.

Abdul Socri said he was just following orders and only agreed to deliver the drugs out of dire need.

“Napagutusan lang po… hirap ng buhay lang po, wala pong makuhang pagkakitaan (I was just told to deliver…Life is hard, I couldn’t find other means of livelihood),” Abdul Socri said.

He also insists that his brother is innocent and knows nothing about selling drugs; Salman only tagged along as he was out of work.

Abdul Socri added that his supplier is a business man from Quiapo, Manila.

PDEA believes that the arrested personalities in the two separate operations are connected to powerful crime syndicates. — Reynante Ponte

Arrested suspects in two separate buy-bust operations of PDEA in Las Piñas City and Quezon City

Lacson, Sotto test negative for illegal drugs

Maris Federez   •   November 22, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Presidential aspirant Senator Panfilo Lacson and running mate Senate President Vicente Sotto III on Monday (November 22) underwent voluntary drug testing at the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) office in Diliman, Quezon City, and tested negative for drug use, a statement from the Partido Reporma said.

Earlier in the day, Sotto said: “Magkaalaman na kung sino matatapang”.

The Lacson-Sotto tandem said their move was to show that they are drug-free and fit to run in the 2022 national and local elections.

Sotto earlier said that ordinary drug tests only determine “shabu” or  “marijuana” use.

However, the PDEA test that they took, he said, is a ‘’multi-drug one-step immunometric assay for the detection of drugs of abuse in urine.’’

In the statement, Lacson said he and Sotto took a multi-drug screening procedure, which is capable of detecting all types of illegal substances in a human body. They both tested negative for illegal drugs.

The tandem went through all the protocols from the signing up of forms to the submission of their urine samples where an attending physician monitored them closely to ensure the authenticity of the tests.

Last Friday, Lacson suggested Friday conducting a random drug test to candidates following President Rodrigo Duterte’s statement on an unnamed presidential candidate who was into cocaine.

“I have never been addicted to drugs all my life, so I have no problem with that. In fact, we should all undergo random testing to make it more credible,” he said.

Meanwhile, in an ambush interview in General Santos City, Senator Christopher ‘Bong’ Go who is also running for president, reiterated that, although it is not mandatory, he is willing to undergo drug testing any time of the day.

“Ako naman po willing magpa-drug test anytime of the day. Anytime po kung kakailanganin,” Go said.

“Though hindi mandatory, pero just to prove lang po sa Pilipino kung sino yung fit na mamuno sa ating bansa ay willing po akong magpa-drug test, any time of the day po,” he added. —/mbmf

Sara Duterte sacks info officer who attended party raided for drugs

Robie de Guzman   •   November 9, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte has terminated a city information officer who attended a party that was later raided for illegal drugs by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).

In a statement on Tuesday, Duterte said she fired information officer, Jefry Tupas, a day after she was linked to a party raided by anti-narcotics agents.

The raid, conducted by PDEA at a beach party in Davao de Oro last Saturday, yielded some P1.5 million worth of party drugs and marijuana.

Tupas earlier admitted to attending the party but stressed that she left early after eating.

“The former City Information Officer, Jefry Tupas, of the City Government of Davao was involved in a drug raid last November 6 in the Municipality of Mabini, Province of Davao de Oro,” Duterte said.

“The details of the raid are known only to the PDEA officers in Davao de Oro and Ms. Tupas,” she added.

The mayor said Tupas was informed of her termination on November 7.

“Last Sunday, Jefry signified her resignation and on the same moment she was informed that she is terminated from work with the City Government of Davao,:” Duterte said.

PDEA agents arrested at least 17 people during the raid.

Cop nabbed over alleged robbery-extortion – PNP

Robie de Guzman   •   October 27, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines — A policeman assigned in Quezon City has been arrested for allegedly engaging in robbery-extortion activities, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said Wednesday.

In a statement, the PNP identified the cop as Police Corporal Myrldon Linga Yagi, who was assigned at Station 14, Holy Spirit, Quezon City Police District.

He was arrested during an entrapment operation launched by the PNP Integrity Monitoring and Enforcement Group (IMEG).

The PNP said the police officer was caught receiving the marked money worth P2,000 as the supposed payment of a complainant.

The complainant gave the money to Yagi so his fruit stand will not be dismantled and to get back his mobile phone that the policeman allegedly took by force, it added.

According to the IMEG, the complainant reported to them that he was mauled, gun-poked and threatened by Yagi.

Authorities were able to seize the marked money, one unit of Taurus 9mm pistol with serial number TZE 30683; two pieces of magazine with 16 ammunition, a PNP identification card and cash worth P1,635 from the suspect.

Yagi is presently under custody of the PNP-IMEG in Camp Crame while criminal and administrative charges are being readied against him.

Eleazar said he directed a thorough investigation into the incident to also determine the possible cohorts or other cops involved in robbery-extortion in the area.

“Dahil dito ay titiyakin natin na habambuhay na pagsisihan ni Police Corporal Myrldon Yagi ang ginawa niyang pangongotong lalo na kung lumabas sa imbestigasyon na talagang ginawa niya ito,” he said.

The PNP chief also threatened to dismiss police officers who continue to engage in illegal activities.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.