Emergency Hotlines: LANDLINE (+63) 2 911 – 8688

P90-M worth of shabu stuffed inside car mufflers seized

by admin   |   Posted on Tuesday, February 12th, 2019


13 kilos of shabu worth P90 million

MANILA, Philippines — A shipment containing 13 kilos of shabu worth P90 million was intercepted at the DHL warehouse by the Bureau of Customs (BOC) at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

The contraband was stuffed inside car mufflers and smuggled into the country from California.

The drug haul was turned over to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency on Tuesday (February 12).

Authorities declined to provide the name of the consignee but assured that criminal complaints against the party responsible for the shipment are currently being processed. — Nel Maribojoc

Tags: , , ,

Tugade allays flooding concerns amid construction of Sangley Airport

by Robie de Guzman   |   Posted on Friday, June 14th, 2019

File photo: DOTr Secretary Arthur Tugade

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) on Friday allayed fears of flooding amid the ongoing construction of the Sangley Airport in Cavite.

During an inspection led by Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade at the construction site, he said there was no trace of flooding in the area despite rains that occurred overnight.

“Umulan ng malakas kagabi hanggang kaninang madaling araw, pero kita niyo naman, walang baha dito sa airport,” Tugade said in a statement posted on Facebook.

IN PHOTOS: DOTr Secretary Arthur Tugade led the inspection on the construction progress of Sangley Airport in Cavite…

Posted by Department of Transportation – Philippines on Thursday, 13 June 2019

He also assured that the airport development will continue despite inconveniences to meet the operational timeline set by President Rodrigo Duterte.

READ: DOTr orders 24/7 construction of Sangley airport

Tugade earlier ordered the 24/7 construction of Sangley Airport to expedite the transfer of domestic flights to reduce congestion at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

“Let us not see shadows when there is no sun. If we are all to answer the ‘perhaps’ and the ‘maybes,’ nothing will happen in this country,” he said.

“We should not stop development simply because we are afraid of future inconveniences. Bear in mind that the price of development is an inconvenience,” he added.

During Friday’s inspection, Tugade checked the completed asphalt overlay of the runway, as well as the ongoing construction of the Passenger Terminal Building (PTB), the drainage system, and the hangars.

He also inspected an area for the landing berth of the ferry operations.

The DOTr reported that the construction of additional facilities at the Sangley Airport, which started last year and is now at 48.68% completion rate.

The inspection was conducted in collaboration with the Philippine Air Force and the Philippine Navy.

Tags: , , , , ,

DOTr orders 24/7 construction of Sangley airport

by Robie de Guzman   |   Posted on Wednesday, June 12th, 2019

Danilo Atienza Air Base or Sangley Airport

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Transportation (DOTr) on Wednesday announced that it is now taking measures to expedite the transfer of domestic flights to Sangley airport in Cavite to meet the operational timeline set by President Rodrigo Duterte.

In a post on its Facebook page, the DOTr said that the 24/7 construction of Sangley airport has already been ordered by Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, as well as the hiring of additional manpower and the implementation of the extended working hours.

The additional equipment will also be infused beginning Thursday, June 13.

TUGADE ORDERS 24/7 CONSTRUCTION OF SANGLEY AIRPORT Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Arthur Tugade has…

Posted by Department of Transportation – Philippines on Tuesday, 11 June 2019

“Whatever it takes, we need to make sure that the directive of the President is delivered. Hire more manpower to work 24/7. Kailangan matapos ‘yan on or before the timeline set by President Duterte,” Tugade said in a statement.

The President earlier ordered the transfer of domestic flights to Sangley port in Cavite to reduce the congestion at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia).

Duterte was also reported to be considering a revamp of airport officials following reports on flight delays and cancellations in NAIA last weekend.

READ: Palace: Duterte eyes revamp of airport officials

The DOTr said that in compliance with the directive for the accelerated construction of the Sangley airport, a task force has been formed.

Its members include representatives from the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), Philippine Air Force (PAF), the ferry system and the project contractor.

According to DOTr Assistant Secretary for Procurement and Project Implementation Giovanni Lopez, critical developments in the project are well underway, including the construction of runway, apron, Passenger Terminal Building (PTB), its power supply, drainage system, and site development.

Lopez said that the DOTr will be working closely with CAAP on the project’s civil works aspect “so that the support facilities can be immediately incorporated for the airport to commence operations at the soonest time possible.”

A synchronization matrix will also be submitted as a guide for monitoring.

The agency added that an ocular was also held on the possible site of the ferry station. The project’s contractor was given two months to build the port, according to regulations of the Philippine Ports Authority, CAAP, PAF, and the Philippine Navy.

Tugade earlier mentioned the testing of ferries that can operate from Mall of Asia to Sangley within 18 to 24 minutes.

The DOTr said that the contractor is expected to submit a weekly report on the project’s progress.

A weekly site inspection will also be undertaken to closely monitor the construction progress.

Tags: , , , ,

P6.8-M worth of shabu seized, 3 nabbed in Manila drug bust

by Robie de Guzman   |   Posted on Monday, June 10th, 2019

Courtesy : NCRPO

MANILA, Philippines – Police seized P6.8 million worth of shabu from three drug suspects nabbed in a buy-bust operation in Manila on Monday.

The operation was conducted at past 1 a.m. along Osmeña Road and Vito Cruz Street in Manila by the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Regional Drug Enforcement Unit, Manila Police District Station 6 and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-NCR.

The suspects, identified as Rudy Kidlat, Mark Anthony Alcantara, and Rona Valenzuela, are allegedly connected to a Chinese criminal group operating in Metro Manila and Cavite province.

The suspects were placed under surveillance for more than a month, according to the NCRPO.

Authorities confiscated 1,000 grams of shabu and a vehicle allegedly used in the delivery of illegal drugs.

Arrested suspects will face charges for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

Tags: , ,