PNP releases facial composite sketch of suspect in Gensan blast
Courtesy: PRO 12
GENERAL SANTOS CITY, Philippines – The Regional Crime Laboratory Office 12 has made public on Wednesday (September 19) the facial composite sketch of one of the suspects in an explosion that rattled General Santos City last September 16.
The Regional Police Office has described the suspect as a male, between 35 to 40 years old, standing 5’5” to 5’6” tall and medium-built with brown complexion.
According to PRO 12 Regional Director PCSupt. Eliseo Tam Rosco, two witnesses described the suspect who allegedly drove a black motorcycle along with an unidentified male wearing a black bonnet, black sweatshirt, and pants.
Rosco believes another group orchestrated the attack and should not be considered a spillover of the bombing in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat that killed 3 and injured over 30 others last month.
“Actually meron na po tayong pangalan, meron na rin tayong grupo dito,” the official confirmed.
Following the blasts that rocked Gensan and Midsayap that injured eight individuals, PRO 12 intensified their checkpoint operations and the implementation of their “No ID, No Entry” policy in the city.
They also imposed stricter curfew hours.
“They’ll be subjected for questioning, meron po tayong tinatawag na on-site na investigator dito sa ating mga checkpoints and they will be the one to ask for the details of personal circumstances…Kung wala silang maipakita, they will not be allowed to enter the city,” Rosco said.
Authorities are also calling on the public to remain vigilant and to immediately report any suspicious person or events. –UNTV News and Rescue (with reports from Janice Ingente)
IATF places Davao City under MECQ, Gen. Santos City under GCQ
MANILA, Philippines – The government’s task force on COVID-19 response has placed Davao City under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from June 5 to 20 due to increasing COVID-19 cases in the area.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque made the announcement a day after the Davao City government requested for the MECQ implementation in the city to address the surge of infections.
Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio earlier asked the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) to implement a stricter quarantine classification to “allow a circuit breaker in the surge of patients inside hospitals.”
Duterte-Carpio said beds at the Southern Philippines Medical Center are now at a critical utilization rate while its Intensive Care Units are already full. Two private hospitals in the city have also reached full capacity.
Roque also announced that the IATF has likewise placed the General Santos City under general community quarantine (GCQ) from June 5 to 20.
Under MECQ, only essential trips are allowed and non-essential businesses and services will be temporarily shutdown.
GCQ, on the other hand, allows travel for leisure subject to compliance with local government guidelines.
DFA Consular Office in General Santos City closed until Jan. 26
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) informs the public that its Consular Office in General Santos City will be temporarily closed on Monday (January 25).
This is to give way to disinfection activities in its office premises and the implementation of other preventive measures to manage risks against coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The Consular Office will resume its regular operations on Tuesday (January 26).
Affected applicants with confirmed appointments who are unable to avail of consular services due to the suspension of operations must secure another appointment by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Original appointment date and time
- Preferred date and time of new appointment
The preferred new appointment may be on any working day from Monday to Friday from January 26 to February 26 during the CO’s regular operation hours 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Applicants that need emergency or urgent Consular services may contact CO General Santos by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DFA requests the public’s understanding and cooperation as we continue to battle against this pandemic.
PNP nabs suspect in GenSan Blast
GenSan bombing suspect (in red) being taken into custody
The primary suspect in the September 16 blast in General Santos City that injured eight people is now under police custody.
Authorities identified the suspect as Jefry Alonzo, 39, and a resident of Purok Tres, Barangay Lapu in Polomolok, South Cotabato.
Alonzo, who was arrested during a buy-bust operation, was an alleged member of Nilong Group which is a breakaway group of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters.