PNP to begin crackdown after receiving list of illegal gambling operators

Aileen Cerrudo   •   February 19, 2020   •   554

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is set to begin crackdown operations after receiving the list of illegal gambling operators.

PGen. Archie Gamboa said the list is now in the hands of the regional directors and the PNP is already in the process of launching police operations.

Gamboa also said that police commanders will be relieved from office if they fail to accomplish their responsibilities.

“In the next few months, heads will roll if you don’t follow my instruction no-take and you’re not doing anything to stop illegal gambling,” he said.

Last week, the PNP Chief already relieved several local police officials for not curbing illegal gambling in their assigned areas.

They include 10 precinct and station commanders as well as chiefs of police in Metro Manila. —AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

50 Chinese nationals arrested for illegal POGO operations

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 7, 2020

Fifty Chinese nationals were arrested by the Makati City Police on Monday (July 6) for working in an illegal Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) firm.

The Makati City Police conducted an operation in Barangay Pio del Pilar after receiving complaints from residents about an illegal gambling operation.

NCRPO director Police MGen. Debold Sinas said various electronic devices including laptop computers, cellphones, and wifi routers were seized in the operation.

The arrested Chinese nationals will face various charges, such as violation of the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012, violation of RA 10176, and violation of article 515 in relation to RA 11332, as well as the city’s general community quarantine guidelines. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Two cops arrested for extorting money from tricycle drivers in Bulacan

Aileen Cerrudo   •   July 7, 2020

The Philippine National Police-Integrity Monitoring and Enforcement Group (PNP-IMEG) on Monday (July 6) arrested two policemen for extorting money from tricycle drivers in Bulacan.

PNP-IMEG Spokesperson PCapt. Mae Ann Cunanan said the agency has been receiving numerous reports since 2019 against two policemen and two civilians extorting from motorists.

Based on reports, the cops would demand payment from motorists in exchange for redeeming their licenses instead of only issuing a citation ticket.

“Kapag hinuhuli nila iyong mga traffic violators, mga tricycle drivers ay hindi nila ini-issue ang ticket. Instead, kinukuha nila iyong pera kapalit nito iyong pagtanggal na sa kanilang violation, (When they apprehend traffic violators and tricycle drivers, they will not issue a ticket. They would take money instead in exchange for removing the violation),” she said.

Cunanan identified the two policemen as PSMgt. Vic Godwin and Pat. Jay Mark Tuazon who are assigned in Malolos City Police Community Precinct 5. The two civilians who served as their middlemen were identified as Wendell Mendoza and Kenneth Villena.

The suspects will be charged with robbery extortion while the two policemen will have additional administrative cases and grave misconduct. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Duterte to meet with AFP, PNP commanders following Jolo incident

Robie de Guzman   •   July 2, 2020

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte is set to fly to Mindanao to meet with top officials of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in the wake of the killing of four soldiers by policemen in Jolo, Sulu last Monday, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said Thursday.

Año, however, did not disclose the date and place of the president’s upcoming meeting with police and military commanders.

The Interior Secretary, who supervises the PNP, also said that Duterte may possibly talk to nine policemen involved in the shooting of soldiers.

“The president is going to the south to talk to our PNP and AFP commanders, sabi ko nga kung may time pa siya ay kakausapin niya yung mga suspek,” Año said.

Malacañang said the president was saddened by the incident between the police and military officers.

He has also ordered for the National Bureau of Investigation to expedite the release of its probe findings.

The Palace also denied that the incident is the result of the alleged state-sponsored extrajudicial killings under the Duterte administration as claimed by former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

“Hindi po natin kinukunsinte ang patayan kaya nga po masinsinang imbestigasyon ang ginagawa natin dito sa pagpatay sa 4 na sundalo sa hukbong sandatahan,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said.

Año echoed Roque’s statement as he assured that those responsible for the Jolo incident will be held accountable.

“Extrajudicial killing is not the policy of this government and the Sulu incident, we will exact justice and make sure those responsible shall be accountable, umasa kayo diyan. Ako mismo ang personal na nag-follow up ng kaso,” he said. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.