Sandiganbayan allows Estrada, Napoles to seek plunder case dismissal

Aileen Cerrudo   •   March 20, 2019   •   2248

(L-R) Former Senator Jinggoy Estrada and businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles

The Sandiganbayan has allowed senatorial candidate Jinggoy Estrada and businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles to file for the dismissal of the plunder charge against them.

The 5th division of the Sandiganbayan has given both parties 10 days to file their demurrer of evidence. The prosecution will also be given 10 days to respond.

The resolution states: “After a meticulous examination of the totality of evidence presented by the prosecution, both testimonial and documentary, the Court resolves to grant the present motion of the accused, to sufficiently provide him an opportunity to challenge the sufficiency of the prosecution’s evidence establishing material elements o the offense charged to support a judgment of guilt.”

Estrada and Napoles are facing plunder and graft charges following their involvement in the ‘pork barrel scam’. Estrada is accused of amassing P180 million kickback from the Priority Development Assistance Fund of bogus non-government organizations which is reportedly linked to Napoles.

READ: Janet Napoles to serve a lifetime in jail over PDAF scam

Estrada denies his involvement with the ‘pork barrel scam’ and connection with Napoles. Meanwhile, Napoles is already convicted in a separate plunder case in December last year.—Aileen Cerrudo

Ex-Pres. Joseph Estrada to be discharged from hospital Monday – Jinggoy

Robie de Guzman   •   April 26, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Former President Joseph Estrada is expected to be discharged from the hospital on Monday, his son, former Senator Jinggoy Estrada announced.

“Our family is overjoyed to announce that our father will finally be discharged from the hospital today,” he said in a post on Facebook.

“We would like to express our gratitude to his doctors for their expertise and care,” he added.

Jinggoy also thanked those who offered prayers and support for their family.

“We would like to thank everyone who prayed with us and supported us through this harrowing experience,” he said.

“But most of all, we would like to thank our Lord Almighty for His love and guidance through all of this,” he added.

Estrada contracted novel coronavirus disease in late March.

Jinggoy on April 13 announced that his father had tested negative for the virus and was transferred to a regular room.

But on April 16, Estrada was moved back to an intensive care unit after his doctors found “a super imposed bacterial lung infection.”

He was later brought back to a regular room after condition improved.

Ex-Pres. Joseph Estrada back in ICU due to ‘bacterial lung infection’ — Jinggoy

Robie de Guzman   •   April 16, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Former President Joseph Ejercito Estrada was brought back to a non-COVID intensive care unit (ICU) on Thursday night after suffering a “slight setback,” his son, former Senator Jinggoy Estrada said.

“We wish to announce that my father had a slight setback last night as his doctors found a superimposed bacterial lung infection,” Jinggoy said in a Facebook post on Friday.

#9
MEDICAL BULLETIN OF FMR. PRES. JOSEPH EJERCITO ESTRADA:

We wish to announce that my father had a slight set back…

Posted by JE Estrada on Thursday, April 15, 2021

The younger Estrada said his father was moved back to a regular ICU “monitoring and support of his blood pressure which fluctuated due to the said infection.”

“But overall, he is stable with high flow oxygen support,” he added.

On Wednesday, Jinggoy said the former president has been transferred to a regular room after testing negative for COVID-19 on Tuesday.

“Once again, we ask for your prayers for his immediate recovery and also to all those infected with COVID-19,” the former senator said.

The former president contracted coronavirus disease in late March.

Ex-Pres. Joseph Estrada now out of ICU – Jinggoy

Robie de Guzman   •   April 14, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines – Former President Joseph Ejercito Estrada is now out of the intensive care unit (ICU) and will soon be transferred to a non-COVID ward, his son, former senator Jinggoy Estrada said on Wednesday.

“My father is back to a regular room and will be transferred to the non-covid area in a few days,” Jinggoy wrote on his social media page.

“He is still on oxygen but no longer high flow and only by nasal cannula,” he added.

#8
MEDICAL BULLETIN OF FMR. PRES. JOSEPH EJERCITO ESTRADA:

My father is back to a regular room and will be transferred…

Posted by JE Estrada on Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The younger Estrada made the announcement a day after he said that his father already tested negative for COVID-19.

“He has no more fever and is eating well. He is well-oriented and conversing normally,” he said. “Our family wishes to thank everyone who offered their prayers and support. Please continue to pray for him and to all those afflicted by this disease.”

The former president tested positive for COVID-19 in late March.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.