Security guard, two other drug suspects nabbed in QC
Marje Pelayo • May 27, 2019 • 1136
QUEZON CITY, Philippines – Three individuals including a security guard were arrested in a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay San Roque, Cubao, Quezon City on Sunday evening (May 26).
According to Police Capt. Ramon Aquiatan Jr., an informant tipped them about the illegal drug operations in the area where 30-year-old Rayan Timan was allegedly a known drug peddler.
He was operating together with two drug surrenders, Roel Viernes alias Balot and Aldyn Ramos who were also arrested in the operation.
“Itong si Timan ang talagang pinaka-source ng dalawa kasi itong si Balot, itong si Roel, ay parang runner niya. Pagka may bumibili doon sa guwardiya, si Balot ang nagtatakbo,” Aquiatan said.
(Timan was the main source [of drugs] while alias Balot or Roel served as his runner. When a customer buys from the guard, Balot handles the transaction.)
Authorities seized about four grams of suspected shabu from the suspects with a street value of P27,000.
The suspects will face charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
Meanwhile, the public is encouraged to report any suspicious activities in their area through the Philippine National Police (PNP) Hotline Number 117. — Marje Pelayo (with details from Asher Cadapan Jr.)
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has lauded the Philippine National Police (PNP) and local government units (LGUs) for the “safest Southeast Asian (SEA) Games” in history.
DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said there were no serious or major untoward incidents reported that marred the SEA Games.
“Naipakita natin ang ‘Filipino hospitality’ at ang bayanihan ng pulisya, nasyunal at lokal na mga pamahalaan, private sector at media (We have shown the ‘Filipino hospitality’ and the cooperation of the national police and the local government, private sector and media). This will go down in history as the best and safest ever,” he said.
There were 27,440 police officers deployed to site task groups during the whole duration of the SEA Games.
In Metro Manila alone, there were 18,105 officers securing the competitions; 6,554 in Central Luzon; 1,865 in Southern Luzon; and 916 in La Union.
“We will not rest until all the foreign athletes, coaches and staff have left the country. We are committed 100% to their safety and well-being. Congrats to the PNP for a job well done!,” Año addded.—AAC
The Philippine National Police (PNP) said security for the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games will remain until the last foreign delegate has left the country.
In a statement on Wednesday (December 11), PNP Officer-in-Charge Pol. Lt. Gen. Archie Gamboa said he has ordered the PNP security contingent to continue police visibility and provide assistance to SEA Games delegates.
“This mission ends only until after the last foreign delegate has left the country,” Gamboa said.—AAC
MANILA, Philippines – The death toll on the onslaught of Typhoon Tisoy (International Name: Kammuri) has now reached 13.
According to the Philippine National Police (PNP) Region 5 data, five were confirmed dead in the Bicol region, with one person recorded injured.
The Mimaropa Public Information Office, on the other hand, reported four fatalities in Oriental Mindoro and one in the province of Marinduque.
Calabarzon recorded two deaths in Quezon Province, while Leyte reported one fatality in Ormoc City.
So far, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) has not issued an official death toll on Tisoy’s aftermath.
NDRRMC spokesperson Mark Timbal said they are still verifying the reported fatalities.
The families of deceased victims will be given P20,000 financial aid, while those who were injured by the typhoon will be handed out P10,000.
The agency is still conducting damage assessment in infrastructure and agriculture.
“Yung assessment po sa Bicol at sa Samar provinces na dinaanan ng bagyo, ongoing. At nakikita po natin na ‘yung mga reports na nagkaroon ng mga pagbaha doon sa area, ito po’y unti-unting pinapadala sa atin ng mga kasamahan natin from the ground,” Timbal said.
The latest data from the NDRRMC said more than 100,000 families or over 400,000 individuals in Regions 3, 5, 8, NCR and Mimaropa were evacuated from their homes.
The NDRRMC has assured that relief goods are available and ready to be distributed in case affected provinces, even those under a state of calamity, will signify their need for additional supplies. (with inputs from Harlene Delgado) /mbmf
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.