Sen. Sotto, pinabulaanan ang paratang ni Sen. Trillanes na pine-pressure ito sa CamSur bill

admin   •   September 24, 2012   •   3627

FILE PHOTOS: Sen. Vicente Sotto III and Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV (UNTV News)

PASAY CITY, Philippines — Inakusahan ni Senador Antonio Trillanes IV na kumilos din upang mabilis na maipasa ang paghati sa lalawigan ng Camarines Sur sina Senate Majority Leader Vicente Sotto III at Senate Pro-Tempore Jinggoy Estrada.

Inakusahan ni Trillanes na sina Sotto at Estrada ang tumawag umano sa kanya para ‘tumahimik’ na ito sa isyu ng Camsur bill

Ani Trillanes, “Tinawagan nga nila ako noong Lunes, last week, para lang i-withdraw ang aking reservation for interpellations, para aprubahan na nila. Sina Sen. Sotto at Sen. Jinggoy Estrada. So, paano nila sasabihin na walang pressure, hindi minamadali eh, iyon yun eh. Ako nga mismo ang tinatawagan nila.”

Pero ayon kay Senador Sotto, si Senador Bongbong Marcos ang nagpakausap sa kanya kay Trillanes dahil wala ito sa sesyon nung nakalipas na Lunes.

“I think Sen. Trillanes should choose his words well kasi I did not call him. It was Sen. Bongbong Marcos who called him not me. It pinakausap siya ni Bongbong Marcos sakin on the phone because we were explaining to Bongbong the alternative that we could choose that day, Monday. Ang usapan namin ano ba pwede nating gawin dahil yung mga lobbyists natin nandidito na naman?”

Dumipensa si Sotto sa paratang ng mambabatas na may game plan ang mga ito sa Camsur bill.

Paliwanag ng senador, sumusunod lang sila sa proseso ng Kongreso sa mga batas na isinusulong at hindi ito railroading.

“Ang hindi ko nagustuhan sa sagot niya… sumagot siya ng ‘may game plan kayo’. Pinagbintangan niya ako na meron kaming game plan. Ang akala niya, gusto naming i-railroad, hindi pwedeng i-railroad at hindi ganun ang pagre-railroad. Kung alam mo ang parliamentary procedures mo hindi ganun ang pagre-railroad,” ani Sen. Sotto. (BRYAN DE PAZ, UNTV News) 

Lacson-Sotto tandem files COC for president, VP bids

Robie de Guzman   •   October 6, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Senator Panfilo Lacson and Senate President Vicente Sotto III on Wednesday filed their certificates of candidacies (COC) to run for president and vice president, respectively, in the 2022 national elections.

Lacson and Sotto filed their COCs past 11 a.m.

This is Lacson’s second try at seeking the presidential post after a failed bid nearly two decades ago.

Should they win the election next year, the lawmakers said they will intensify efforts against corruption and illegal drugs and ensure proper balance in the use of national budget.

“Kung ipagkakaloob ng Dios na ang Lacson-Sotto tandem ang mapipiling mamuno isang disiplanong burukrasya ang paiiralin, kabilang na ang maayos na paggastos ng pambansang budget upang makaabot ang biyaya at kaunlaran sa mga liblib na lugar ng bansa,” Lacson said during a short interview with the media after their COC filing.

“If we hold the reigns of the executive department we will able to execute it well. We know the ails, we know the solutions, balance the budget, budget reform, reign the money to the people, enhance the fight in illegal drugs by more emphasis on demand with reduction strategy,” Sotto said.

Lacson is running under the Demokratikong Reporma Party while Sotto is under the Nationalist People’s Coalition. Both lawmakers sit as chairmen of their respective parties.

Sotto says Pulse Asia poll will serve as ‘confidence booster’ for VP bid

Aileen Cerrudo   •   September 29, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—After leading the survey on preferred vice presidential bets, Senator Tito Sotto III said he will use it as “confidence booster” for the upcoming elections.

The latest Pulse Asia survey showed Sotto as top choice for vice president with 25%, while President Rodrigo Duterte landed in second place with 14%.

“With utmost humility, I thank God and our kababayans for the trust and confidence that many are placing on me and my dream of further serving the Filipino Family beyond the halls of the Senate,” Sotto said in a statement.

“I will use this confidence booster to work harder as the top official of the Senate, as I present myself to our people as a worthy and reliable candidate for VP,” he added

Meanwhile, Senator Panfilo Lacson, Sotto’s running mate, landed in third place among top choices for president. In a statement, he congratulated Sotto for landing the top spot.

“We’re doing alright. We have our own tracking. We are not even thinking of recalibrating our strategy,” he said,

“It goes without saying that I am not questioning the results of the Pulse Asia survey even as I congratulate SP Sotto, my running mate, for topping the latest vice-presidential survey,” he added.

Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio remains the top choice for president. AAC

 

Palace on possible Lacson-Sotto tandem in 2022: ‘We wish them the very best’

Robie de Guzman   •   July 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Wednesday welcomed the possible tandem of Senator Panfilo Lacson and Senate President Vicente Sotto III as presidential and vice presidential bets in the 2022 elections.

“We wish them the very best because in a democracy kinakailangang may pagpipilian ang taumbayan,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a press briefing.

Roque issued the statement after Sotto said he and Lacson may announce their political plans for 2022 on August 5.

Lacson and Sotto have been touring across Luzon to meet with various local officials and sectors for their proposed programs.

The two senators said they have received “very encouraging” response to their proposals during their consultation meetings.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.