Sen. Sotto presents evidence of alleged fraud in 2016 elections
admin • March 6, 2018 • 4070
The privilege speech of Sen. Vicente Sotto III showing some information regarding the apparent early transmission activity during the May 2016 election.
MANILA, Philippines — The integrity of Smartmatic’s vote counting machines (VCMs) is now being questioned after Senate Majority Leader Vicente Sotto III presented evidence of alleged fraud in the 2016 national elections.
The senator showed during his privilege speech, some information regarding the apparent early transmission activity that happened on May 8 up to the morning of May 9 – the election day.
Based on the transmission codes, the activity came from the consolidated canvassing system of Libon, Albay and Angono, Rizal.
“These transmissions cannot be in any way claimed as ‘testing transmissions’ because as far as I can remember, the last official testing was made on April 23, 2016,” said the senator.
Also, he said, the second alleged malicious activity was from a foreign access to the election servers.
“One day prior to election, this username made a malicious activity that is categorized as a critical intrusion to a computer system,” said Sotto.
Because of this, some senators now questioned the possible effects of the said malicious activities to the election results.
“Meron po bang mga nakinabang o nawalan dito sa inyong inilahad?” Sen. Panfilo Lacson asked Sotto.
(Did anyone benefit or suffer in your report?)
“Perhaps, if subpoena logs will be presented by Comelec [Commission on Elections] and Smartmatic, malalaman natin kung sino mga nakinabang (we will know who gained from it). I don’t want to rely on what was just given to me as hearsay,” said the senator.
“Now, doon sa mga hindi nakinabang, tiyak na marami like Sen. Poe and Sen. Lacson. Madami kayong na-zero,” he added.
(As for those who did not benefit, there surely must have been many like Sen. Poe and Sen. Lacson. Many of you received zero votes.)
The senator called for a Senate investigation especially now the Comelec commissioners unanimously voted to purchase the VCMs used in the previous election, which in turn, will be used in the 2019 polls. — Nel Maribojoc | UNTV News & Rescue
MANILA, Philippines—The Commission on Elections (Comelec) is urging aspirants to file their certificate of candidacy (COC) before October 8.
Comelec Commissioner Antonio Kho said this would prevent overcrowding during the last day of filing. Kho also said this would give aspirants more time to fix their COCs in case of missing documents.
“I would like to convince those who will file their COC you have Wednesday, you have Thursday. Avoid po natin na magkumpol kumpol sa Friday (Let us avoid overcrowding on Friday),” he said.
Meanwhile, the Philippine National Police (PNP) assured it is prepared to maintain order and security in the venue until the last day on October 8. The national police also said there are no reports of any security threat within the area. AAC
MANILA, Philippines—Former senator Jose ‘Jinggoy’ Estrada on Wednesday (September 29) announced his senatorial bid in the upcoming 2022 national elections.
In his official statement posted on his social media page, Estrada said he will be running under Pwersa ng Masang Pilipino.
“Mga kababayan, mga kasama, mga ka-masa, ako po si Jinggoy. Buong puso kong inihahayag ang aking intensyong makibahagi sa malinis na halalan upang maging senador muli ng ating pinakamamahal na bansa, (My countrymen, I am Jinggoy. I wholeheartedly announce intention to participate in a clean election to become senator again of our beloved country), ” he said.
Estrada served two terms as senator from 2004 to 2016. He ran for senator in 2019 but failed to make it to the top 12.
Meanwhile, Estrada’s half brother, former senator JV Ejercito, had previously confirmed his interest to run for senator in the national elections. AAC
MANILA, Philippines—After leading the survey on preferred vice presidential bets, Senator Tito Sotto III said he will use it as “confidence booster” for the upcoming elections.
The latest Pulse Asia survey showed Sotto as top choice for vice president with 25%, while President Rodrigo Duterte landed in second place with 14%.
“With utmost humility, I thank God and our kababayans for the trust and confidence that many are placing on me and my dream of further serving the Filipino Family beyond the halls of the Senate,” Sotto said in a statement.
“I will use this confidence booster to work harder as the top official of the Senate, as I present myself to our people as a worthy and reliable candidate for VP,” he added
Meanwhile, Senator Panfilo Lacson, Sotto’s running mate, landed in third place among top choices for president. In a statement, he congratulated Sotto for landing the top spot.
“We’re doing alright. We have our own tracking. We are not even thinking of recalibrating our strategy,” he said,
“It goes without saying that I am not questioning the results of the Pulse Asia survey even as I congratulate SP Sotto, my running mate, for topping the latest vice-presidential survey,” he added.
Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio remains the top choice for president. AAC
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.