South Korea’s coronavirus patient leaves hospital after recovery
UNTV News • February 12, 2020 • 283
A South Korean patient who had been treated for coronavirus, left hospital on Wednesday (February 12) after producing two negative test results.
Earlier this month, the 38-year-old South Korean patient was confirmed as the country’s 17th case of the new coronavirus after he attended a conference in Singapore in late January.
He became the 7th patient who has recovered and discharged from hospital, the Korea Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said.
“I don’t think the illness is as serious as people think. I watched the news a lot, but I think you can get treated, recover fully, and get discharged from the hospital if there are quick responses (to the virus) at the early stages,” he said after stepping out of the hospital.
As of 0700GMT, South Korea has reported total 28 confirmed cases and 7 patients among them have been released from quarantine, according to KCDC. (Reuters)
South Korea reported fewer than 50 new coronavirus cases for the first time since its peak at the end of February as daily infections in Asia’s largest outbreak outside China continued a downward trend.
The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said on Monday (April 6) there were 47 new infections as of midnight on Sunday (April 5) compared with 81 recorded a day earlier, taking the national cumulative tally to 10,284.
But officials urged even greater vigilance, saying a large epidemic could reemerge at any time, with smaller outbreaks in churches, hospitals and nursing homes, as well as infections among travelers, continuing to arise.
A fall in daily demand for tests to some 6,000 from around 10,000 over the weekend contributed to the decline in numbers, Vice Health Minister Kim Gang-lip said. (REUTERS CONNECT)
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), through the Philippine Embassy in Seoul, confirms two more Filipino nationals have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number to three.
The first Filipino COVID-19 case was confirmed on March 20 while the two new cases, who are family members of the first patient, were confirmed positive for the disease on April 1.
They were tested twice for the disease with their second test yielding positive results.
They are now confined in isolation.
The Embassy assures close coordination with the Korean Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) and local health authorities and stands ready to provide assistance to the COVID-19 positive Filipino nationals as needed.
South Korea ranks 15th among countries in the world with the highest number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection, based on the latest data from the Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center.
The three Filipinos are now among the 9,976 COVID-19 cases in South Korea.
As of this posting, the number of fatality in the country is at 169 while 5,828 others have recovered.
A 13-year-old boy in London who tested positive for coronavirus has died, a hospital said on Tuesday (March 31).
“Sadly, a 13-year old boy who tested positive for COVID-19 has passed away, and our thoughts and condolences are with the family at this time,” King’s College Hospital said in a statement.
“The death has been referred to the coroner and no further comment will be made.”
The number of deaths from coronavirus in the United Kingdom rose by 27% as the UK government said 1,789 people have died in hospitals as of 1600 GMT on Monday, an increase of 381 from Sunday, the largest rise in absolute terms yet. (Reuters)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.