SPO1 Junior Hilario of Caloocan police, laid to rest at the Libingan ng mga Bayani

admin   •   September 21, 2017   •   6991

The Philippine National Police (PNP) gave him a hero’s burial.

MANILA, Philippines — A hero, a father, a friend. This was how SPO1 Junior Hilario was described by his relatives and friends.

Hilario was the Caloocan cop who died during an anti-illegal drugs operation last September 8.

From his home in Bagumbong Caloocan, his relatives, friends, and colleagues joined in bringing his remains at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.

The Philippine National Police (PNP) gave him a hero’s burial.

Hilario’s wife thanked those who helped them after the death of her husband.

“He went to work, and house only. That’s what he did. When he goes home, he does the laundry and cooks for me,” said Hilda Hilario, widow of the slain cop.

“Because I am not allowed to be exhausted as I already suffered stroked,” she said.

The chief of the Caloocan City police hopes that although their rank is facing various controversies due to the deaths of minors, the public will not judge them.

“We are appealing to the public to understand the job of the policemen. Like what happened to him, he died while performing his duties,” said Caloocan chief PSSupt. Jemar Modequillo.

The NCRPO has previously ordered the relief of Caloocan policemen and they are expected to be replaced by cops from Davao city.

Meanwhile, PNP chief Ronald dela Rosa has given recognition to the cop who was stabbed after drug suspect resisted arrest.

PO1 Ronald Anicete was awarded with a “Medalya ng Sugatang Magiting” after his life was put at risk while performing his duty.

The PNP chief also plans to promote him to the rank of PO2.

Aside from the recognition, Anicete also received a 9mm gun, and cash gift. — Rajel Adora | UNTV News & Rescue

Shuttered resort in Caloocan City lacks DOT accreditation

Aileen Cerrudo   •   May 11, 2021

MANILA, Philippines—The Department of Tourism (DOT) has confirmed that the resort in Caloocan City found violating health and safety protocols was also found to be operating without DOT accreditation.

In a statement, the DOT reiterated that a DOT accreditation ensures that the establishment has complied with the minimum standards for the operation of tourism facilities and services amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.

The Tourism department commended Caloocan City Mayor Oscar Malapitan “for ordering the revocation of the establishment’s business permit and ordering the closure of the erring resort.”

“The DOT lauds the swift and resolute action taken by the city government of Caloocan against a resort found to be violating health and safety protocols set by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF),” the statement reads.

The department also reminds the public to engage in responsible tourism by observing the health and safety protocols.

Meanwhile, the Caloocan City government has already filed a complaint against Barangay 171 Chairman Romeo Rivera on Tuesday (May 11) at the Sangguniang Panlungsod of the City of Caloocan. AAC

 

DOH: Caloocan resort guests should undergo 14-day quarantine, strict monitoring

Robie de Guzman   •   May 10, 2021

 

MANILA, Philippines — Individuals who went to a resort in Caloocan City despite current community quarantine restrictions should undergo a 14-day quarantine period, the Department of Health (DOH) said Monday.

In a virtual press briefing, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the DOH has ordered its Metro Manila office to “strictly monitor” those who went to the resort over the weekend.

“Yung mga nagpunta po sa resort na yan, kailangan po nilang mag-quarantine for 14 days, lahat po sila so that we can ensure na wala pong pagkakahawa-hawaan na mangyayari,” she said.

Vergeire pointed out that Metro Manila is still under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) until May 14 that only allows essential travels, and services to operate.

“Alam po nating lahat na tayo talaga ay doing all of our efforts to contain this disease and alam din po natin na tayo ay nasa MECQ so dapat alam ng ating mga kababayan kung kailan sila pwedeng lumabas at kung ano ang mga places na pwede nilang puntahan,” she said.

Caloocan authorities have ordered the closure of Gubat sa Ciudad resort after it was found to be operational and have accommodated a large number of guests over the weekend despite strict quarantine restrictions.

“Ito po ay mali, hindi po natin ito ito-tolerate. Ayaw po natin na madagdagan pa ang mga kaso,” Vergeire said.

“Nakalungkot po itong pangyayaring ito. Sana po hindi na tularan,” she added.

She also advised establishments to comply with quarantine rules and to only operate when permitted by authorities.

“Dapat din naman ang mga establishments, kailangan po alam din po nila na hindi pa sila pwedeng mag-accommodate ng mga kababayan nating pupunta sa kanila kasi ang mga kababayan natin pupunta diyan kung papayag kayo. Eh binuksan po natin kaya nakapasok po ang mga tao at nakapag-swimming at nakapagsaya ang bawat pamilya,” she said.

Malacañang, meanwhile, stressed that any form of mass gathering is still prohibited in MECQ areas to arrest the spread of COVID-19.

“Naintindihan po natin na mainit ang panahon at marami ang sabik maligo, lumangoy at magpalamig ngunit hindi naman ito dapat maging dahilan, para hindi natin sundin ang guidelines. Inuulit ko po, bawal pa po ang pagtitipon-tipon,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)

Caloocan City orders resort closed for operating amid MECQ, extensive contact tracing underway

Marje Pelayo   •   May 10, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Mayor Oscar Malapitan immediately ordered the closure of  Gubat sa Ciudad resort in Barangay 171 for multiple violations of the health and safety protocols imposed by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) and city government.

Malapitan also charged the owner of the establishment and patrons who were swimming in the resort’s pool on Sunday (May 9) despite government restrictions.

“Buong pwersa ng batas ang ipapataw sa mga may-ari at operator ng resort kasama na ang mga nag-swimming at ang mga pinuno ng barangay na tila nagpabaya sa kanilang tungkulin,” Mayor Malapitan said after confirming that the establishment continued its operations despite the existing modified enhanced community quarantine or MECQ.

The Mayor also ordered the immediate cancellation of the resort’s business permit and an investigation as to how and why such an activity pushed through.

An extensive contact tracing, close monitoring and RT-PCR testing of all individuals present at the resort on the day of the event will be launched.

The closure of Gubat sa Ciudad came after a video and images of a crowd, mostly children, went viral on social media.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.