Suspected Indonesian suicide bomber nabbed in PHL to face deportation – BI

Robie de Guzman   •   October 12, 2020   •   625

MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Immigration (BI) is filing a deportation case against suspected suicide bomber Resky Fantasya Rullie who was apprehended by authorities on Saturday.

The BI, however, said Rullie will have to face the criminal charges lodged against her before being deported.

Rullie alias Cici, an Indonesian national, was arrested in a joint operation launched by the Philippine Army’s 11th Infantry Division, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group 9, National Intelligence Coordinating Agency 9 and the immigration bureau.

Also apprehended were Inda Nhur and Fatima Sandra Jimlani Jama, both wives of ranking Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) members.

Rullie is reportedly the wife of ASG sub-leader Andi Basco, who was killed in a clash with government troops in Sulu.

Her parents were said to be responsible for the January 2019 twin bombings at the Mount Carmel Cathedral in Jolo, Sulu.

According to BI Intelligence Mindanao Task Group (MITG) head Melody Gonzales, Rullie was the subject of months of surveillance and was found to have allegedly been planning to conduct a suicide bombing attempt in Sulu before the arrest.

Gonzales said the trio were found in possession of a suicide vest, bombs, and other components used in making an improvised explosive device.

“They have been brought to the police station for documentation and filing of charges. A deportation case has been recommended to be filed against Rullie for terrorism, being an illegal entrant, and for undesirability, apart from the criminal charges that she face,” she said.

Gonzales said Rullie is considered a high value target in their drive against foreigners engaged in terroristic activities in the South.

Meanwhile, Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente lauded his personnel and other law enforcers for the successful operation against a foreign terrorist.

“We will not stop until we have rid our country of these demons who abuse our hospitality and hurt our people,” he said.

Local police on full alert after death of ASG sub-leader, cohorts

Marje Pelayo   •   June 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief P/Gen. Guillermo Eleazar on Monday (June 14) placed concerned police offices and units on full alert.

This is in response to the operation against Abu Sayyaf Group members in Jolo, Sulu that led into an encounter and neutralization of four of its members.

Among those killed were Mundi Sawadjaan’s brother, Al-Al Sawadjaan; ASG sub-leader Injam Yadah; an ASG member identified as Raup; and another unidentified ASG member.

“I am tasking the local police to go on full alert dahil ine-expect din po natin na posibleng gumanti ang mga natitirang miyembro lalo’t kapatid ni Mundi Sawadjaan ang isa sa mga napatay sa engkwentro,” PGen Eleazar said.

“Sinisiguro ko po sa publiko na hindi po namin hahayaang makapaghasik ng kaguluhan ang grupong ito,” added the PNP chief.

PGen Eleazar assured that the police and military will further intensify joint operations to capture Mundi and the remaining bandits.

“We are doubling our efforts to capture Mundi and his men. We will intensify our coordination with the Armed Forces of the Philippines as well as our intelligence gathering efforts to combat this group and stop their attacks on innocent civilians,” said PGen Eleazar.

He also urged the public to remain vigilant and immediately report to authorities if they have information that can help locate the bandits.

State security forces were about to serve a warrant of arrest against Yadah when the Abu Sayyaf terrorists fired at them, prompting the police and the military to retaliate.

Authorities said Yadah was involved in kidnapping incidents while Sawadjaan had knowledge on bomb-making. His brother, Mundi, was the alleged mastermind of the twin blasts in Jolo last year.

ASG sub-leader, 3 members killed in Sulu – AFP

Marje Pelayo   •   June 14, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – The Western Mindanao Command (WESMINCOM) of the Armed Forces of of the Philippines (AFP) reported the death of a notorious Abu Sayyaf Group sub-leader and three of his followers in a law enforcement operation in Sulu.

“Based on the report from the ground, combined elements of the military and police conducted a law enforcement operation to serve a warrant of arrest against ASG sub-group leader Injam Yadah in Barangay Alat, Jolo, Sulu around 2:00AM Sunday, June 13, 2021,” the WESMINCOM Commander Lt. Gen. Corleto Vinluan, Jr. said.

Sensing the presence of the operating troops, the target and three of his cohorts opened fire thereby prompting the government forces to retaliate. The exchange of fires resulted in the instantaneous death of Yadah and three others.

“We’ve long been on the hunt for Yadah. He has a reputation of being extremely violent — beheading captured innocent civilians and security forces alike. Finally, his hideous acts will now come to a full stop,” said Maj. Gen. William Gonzales, Commander of the Joint Task Force Sulu.

Two of the neutralized cohorts of Yadah were identified as Al-Al Sawadjaan, the youngest brother of infamous bomber Mundi Sawadjaan, and a.k.a. Rauf/Raup while the other one is yet to be identified.

According to 35th Infantry Battalion Commander Lt. Col. Wilfredo Borgonia, Yadah was involved in the kidnapping of various foreign nationals and locals including the ex-wife and daughter of former Talipao Mayor Tambrin Tulawie in 2018.

His latest reported activity was the kidnapping of Rex Triplett in Sirawai, Zamboanga Sibugay and Dr. Moreno in Jolo in 2020.

He was also involved in the abduction of the recently rescued Indonesian nationals.

Lt. Col. Borgonia further stated that Mundi’s brother Al-Al Sawadjaan was a volunteer suicide bomber and improvised explosive device maker.

Operating troops seized in the house of Yadah one M653 Carbine, one cal. 45 pistol, IED components, and 15 mobile phones. Troops also captured Yadah’s wife identified as a.k.a. Jhing and rescued their three children.

“All the forces under JTF-Sulu are doubling their efforts to apprehend Mundi Sawadjaan. His brothers are now dead and we are optimistic that he will also be neutralized. When that day comes, we can say that we have achieved total peace in the province. The local government and people here are one with us in this endeavor,” Maj. Gen. Gonzales added.

Since January 2021, a total of 121 ASG personalities have been neutralized in Sulu. Among the 121 members, 18 were killed, 86 surrendered, and 17 were apprehended.

Duterte grants reward to Marines for neutralization of ASG leader, rescue of kidnap victims in Tawi-Tawi

Robie de Guzman   •   May 31, 2021

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has conferred medals and monetary reward to the Philippine Marine troops behind the rescue of Indonesian kidnap victims and the killing of an Abu Sayyaf sub-leader in Tawi-Tawi, the Armed Forces of the Philippines Western Mindanao Command (AFP-WestMinCom) said Monday.

In a statement, the WestMinCom said AFP chief of staff General Cirilito Sobejana handed over the reward in a ceremony held at the 2nd Marine Brigade headquarters in Barangay Sanga-Sanga, Bongao on Sunday.

Sobejana awarded the Distinguished Navy Cross to Colonel Nestor Narag, Jr. for the latter’s extraordinary achievement as the Deputy Commander of Joint Task Tawi-Tawi during the successful rescue of 4 Indonesian kidnap victims in Kalupag Island, Languyan, Tawi-Tawi on March 21, 2021.

The WestMinCom said Narag orchestrated a comprehensive Fleet-Marine operation and provided command and control to the operating sailors and marines who engaged the enemies, which resulted in the death of Abu Sayyaf Group leader Majan Sahidjuan alias Apo Mike, and two of his followers.

A Silver Cross Medal was awarded to the Special Intelligence Team under the 2nd Marine Brigade who provided timely intelligence information that led to the successful conduct of focused military and combat clearing operations in Kalupag Island, Languyan and Tandungan Island, Tandubas, all of Tawi-Tawi on March 19 to 24, 2021.

We have to make ourselves happy all the time so that we become more productive. I always translate happiness into productivity regardless of where we are,” Sobejana said.

“To the commanders, let us always strike a good balance on mission accomplishment and the morale and welfare of our soldiers,” he added.

Sobejana handed over the monetary reward amounting to P2 million intended for the units involved in the successful neutralization of Apo Mike.

WestMinCom Commander Lt. Gen. Corleto Vinluan, Jr., Naval Forces Western Mindanao Commander Rear Admiral Toribio Adaci, Jr., Joint Task Force Tawi-Tawi Commander Brig. Gen. Arturo Rojas, and other military officers were also present during the ceremony.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.