Trillanes, 3 others face kidnapping case

Robie de Guzman   •   August 30, 2019   •   1277

Former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) has filed a kidnapping with serious illegal detention charges against former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV and three others before the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Based on a copy of a complaint filed August 15, the complaint stemmed from the affidavit of Guillermina Lalic Barrido, a 43-year old businesswoman from Davao City.

Barrido claimed she was detained for nearly two weeks in two convents in Makati and Quezon City in December 2016, and forced to sign a document linking President Rodrigo Duterte to corruption and illegal drugs.

In 2017, Barrido accused Trillanes of trying to bribe her to make derogatory statements against Duterte.

The PNP-CIDG said in its complaint that “It is clear from the foregoing that herein respondents feloniously, maliciously and intentionally put the complainant under detention for 14 days in order to force her to do something against her will.”

Aside from Trillanes, also named as respondents to the complaint were lawyer Jude Sabio, a certain Sister Ling, and priest Albert Alejo.

It can be recalled that Sabio was the one who filed a communication with the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Duterte campaign against illegal drugs.

In a statement, Trillanes denied Barrido’s allegation, insisting that he does not know the complainant.

“Never ko na-meet ‘yan si Guillerma Arcillas or Barrido. San ka makakita na pari at madre daw ang kasama ko sa pagkidnap at sa kumbento pa daw sya dinetain?” he said.

“Bukod pa dyan, 2016 pa raw sya kinidnap pero ngayon lang nag-file ng kaso,” he added.

Trillanes, a staunch critic of the Duterte administration, said that based on the information he received, Barrido allegedly volunteered to testify against Duterte in exchange for money.

“Ang impormasyon ko d’yan ay isa siyang nagboluntaryong mag-testigo laban daw kay Duterte pero butas-butas ang kwento at nanghihingi diumano ng pera kapalit ng kanyang salaysay kaya hindi tinanggap bilang testigo. Tapos ng hindi nabigyan ng pera, bumaliktad,” he said.

The former lawmaker also called the kidnapping charge against him as “clear harassment” and “persecution” against the administration’s critics.

Sabio, Alejo and “Sister Ling” have yet to issue any statement on the issue as of posting. RRD (with details from Correspondent April Cenedoza)

4 kidnapped Chinese rescued, 11 suspects nabbed in police ops

Robie de Guzman   •   February 25, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Four kidnapped Chinese nationals were rescued and 11 suspects were arrested in a series of operations conducted by authorities in Quezon City and Pampanga, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said Thursday.

In a statement, PNP chief General Debold Sinas said the operations were launched by the PNP Anti-Kidnapping Group (AKG) and the Anti-Kidnapping Action Committee (AKAK) in response to a reported kidnapping case of a Chinese woman.

Citing reports of PNP-AKG Chief, Police Brigadier General Jonel Estomo, Sinas said the Chinese woman was rescued at a medical diagnostics clinic along N.S. Amoranto Ave., Quezon City at 6 p.m.

Information provided to AKG by the supervisor of the establishment stated that the victim was scheduled to undergo RT-PCR test as a requirement for airline travel.

Sinas said police agents rushed to the clinic where they rescued the victim from her three captors identified as Liang Khai Chean, 28, Malaysian; Mou Yun Peng, 35, Chinese; and Benjie Labor, 43, Filipino.

In her debriefing session, the victim said that there are other kidnap victims being held in a safehouse where she was previously detained in Barangay Sta. Cruz, Mexico, Pampanga.

Operatives then went to the location where they rescued three more Chinese kidnap victims and arrested eight other suspects – two of them were Chinese and six were Filipinos.

The PNP said investigators are still establishing the identities of the arrested individuals.

“This successful kidnap rescue operation only goes to show the dedication and commitment of the PNP against organized crime,” Sinas said.

4 members of kidnap-for ransom-group killed in QC encounter

Aileen Cerrudo   •   January 22, 2021

QUEZON, Philippines—Four alleged members of the Waray-Waray kidnap- for-ransom group were killed in an encounter with the Philippine National Police-Anti Kidnapping Group (PNP-AKG) in Quezon City.

An entrapment operation was conducted by the PNP-AKG and Quezon City Police District against the kidnappers of two Chinese nationals.

The two victims were abducted in front of UP Town Center on Thursday (January 21).

PNP-AKG Spokesperson PMaj. Ronaldo Lumactod said the operation led to a gunfight.

“Very daring, lalaban talaga sa pulis. Hindi sila magpapatalo o sususko kasi pagpasok ng kapulisan sa lugar ng Holy Spirit winagwagan agad ang kapulisan hoping matakot ang ating kapulisan,” he said.

Authorities said the four suspects have not yet been identified but initial reports indicate that they are members of the Wara-Waray kidnap- for-ransom group operating in Metro Manila, Central Luzon, and Calabarzon.

Police recovered from the suspects various caliber of firearms and one grenade.

One of the victims, Lee Ching, was rescued by authorities while Zhi Fu, the second victim, was able to escape and seek help from authorities. AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)

Police arrest rebel leader wanted for murder

Maris Federez   •   January 8, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detention Group (PNP-CIDG) operatives have captured another ranking rebel leader, Allan Morales, who is wanted by the court to stand trial for murder.

In an advisory, the PNP Public Information Office said that the operation was under the instruction of PNP chief, PGen. Debold M Sinas to “intensify the implementation of court processes against CPP-NPA-NDF personalities wanted by the law for criminal cases.”

The move was also in support to Executive Order No. 70 creating the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC).

The PNP said Morales, who uses the aliases Joseph Erwin Rimando, Alvin Advincula, Budlat and Dante Morales, was arrested by a composite police-military team led by CIDG, NCRPO and JTF-NCR in Saphire Street, Brgy. Payatas B, Quezon City at 12:00 noon on Wednesday (January 6).

The arresting team served a Warrant of Arrest issued by Tagbilaran City RTC Branch 4 presiding judge Sisinio C. Virtudazo for the crime of murder.

Based on the reports by CIDG Director, PMGen. Joel Napoleon Coronel, authorities have confiscated from Morales the following:

  • eight barrel assemblies for M4 assault rifle;
  • one fragmentation hand grenade;
  • one KG9 9mm submachine gun with one magazine and 22 pieces of 9mm ammunition; and
  • one caliber .45 pistol with on magazine assembly loaded with seven rounds of cal.45.

Morales is the Deputy Secretary of the Regional Committee of the Negros-Cebu-Bohol-Siquijor (NCBS) Regional Committee of the CPP-NPA-NDF.

He is formerly the Secretary of Regional Peasant Sugar Workers Bureau (RPSWB) of Negros, a former Secretary of Regional Committee for Central Visayas, and a former Secretary of the National Youth Student Bureau.

REACH US

The Philippine Broadcast Hub

UNTV, 915 Barangay Philam,

EDSA, Quezon City M.M. 1104

(+632) 8396-8688 (Tel)

info@untv-newsandrescue.com (General inquiries)

ABOUT UNTV

UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.