MANILA, Philippines — Tropical Storm Auring slightly decelerated on Sunday morning while moving towards west-northwest, state weather bureau announced.
In its 8 a.m. weather bulletin, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said, “Auring” was last spotted 370 km east of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur moving at 10 kilometers per hour.
It is forecast to make landfall over the Dinagat Islands-Eastern Samar (southern portion including Homonhon Island)-Leyte area between Sunday evening and early morning on Monday.
“There is an increasing likelihood that ‘AURING’ will weaken into a tropical depression before it makes landfall due to persistent high vertical wind shear associated with the surge of the northeast monsoon. However, the possibility that the storm will maintain its strength until landfall is not yet ruled out,” PAGASA said.
Areas under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) #2 are warned of gale-force winds in the next 24 hours while areas where TCWS #1 is in effect, as well as over CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Aurora, and the rest of Visayas and Bicol Region, should brace for strong breeze to near-gale conditions with occasionally higher gusts.
Moderate to heavy rains with at times intense rains are expected over Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, and Surigao del Sur.
Moderate to heavy rains will also prevail over Eastern Visayas, Misamis Oriental, Bukidnon, Camiguin, and the rest of Caraga.
Light to moderate with at times heavy rains may be experienced over Bicol Region, MIMAROPA, Zamboanga Peninsula, Quezon, the northern portion of Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, and the rest of Visayas and Northern Mindanao.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal no. 2 is hoisted over the following areas:
- Eastern Samar (Sulat, Taft, San Julian, Borongan City, Maydolong, Balangkayan, Balangiga, Lawaan, Llorente, Hernani, General Macarthur, Quinapondan, Giporlos, Salcedo, Mercedes, Guiuan)
- Dinagat Islands and Surigao del Norte including Siargao and Bucas Grande Islands
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal no. 1 is hoisted over the following areas:
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Camarines Sur (Caramoan, Presentacion, Sagnay, Buhi, Iriga City, Nabua, Bato, Balatan)
- Northern Samar
- Eastern Samar
- Southern Leyte
- Negros Oriental
- Negros Occidental (Kabankalan City, Himamaylan City, Binalbagan, Isabela, Moises Padilla, Hinigaran, La Castellana, Pontevedra, San Enrique, La Carlota City, Pulupandan, Valladolid, Bago City, Murcia, Bacolod City, Talisay City, Silay City, Enrique B. Magalona, Victorias City, Manapla, Cadiz City, Sagay City, Escalante City, Toboso, Calatrava, San Carlos City, Salvador Benedicto)
- Iloilo (San Rafael, Barotac Viejo, Lemery, Ajuy, Sara, Concepcion, San Dionisio, Batad, Estancia, Balasan, Carles), and the eastern portion of Capiz (Roxas City, Panitan, Ma-Ayon, Cuartero, Dumarao, Panay, Pontevedra, President Roxas, Pilar)
- Surigao del Sur
- Agusan del Norte
- Agusan del Sur
- Davao Oriental
- Davao de Oro
- Davao del Norte
- Davao City
- Misamis Oriental