Two suspects nabbed for selling injectable shabu online
Aileen Cerrudo • February 20, 2020 • 388
Two men were arrested by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) after they were caught selling illegal drugs in Mandaluyong City on Thursday (February 20).
A member of PDEA posed as a buyer and, after confirming the illegal activity, authorities arrested Mark Kenneth San Juan and Jeffrey Saclao.
Authorities seized 26 syringes of suspected liquid shabu with an estimate of P52,000. They also seized one sachet of suspected shabu worth around P13,600.
According to PDEA Spokesperson Derrick Carreon, the suspects are also selling drugs online based on their social media accounts.
Carreon also said the suspects target the youth using social media. He also warned about the negative effects of using drugs.
“So, maaari po talagang mangyari sa inyo ang mga hindi kanais-nais na mga bagay apart from the fact na it leads to (Bad things can happen to you apart from the fact that it leads to) the spread of several infectious diseases,” he said.
PDEA has taken custody of the two suspects and will face charges for violating the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. —AAC (with reports from Asher Cadapan Jr.)
The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) seized P6.8 million worth of suspected shabu in Tagaytay City on Thursday (February 20).
Authorities seized around one kilo of shabu from male suspect, Suwaib Minalang.
PDEA said the suspect’s mode of operation is to deliver the illegal drugs to the houses of their customers.
“Sa tingin namin marami pang sinusuplayang area ito, kung saan magkasundo dadalhin nila iyan (we think they are supplying more areas where they will agree to deliver [the drugs]),” according to PDEA Region 4A Acting Director IAV Melvin Estoque.
Estoque also said the suspects had been previously arrested in 2018 for selling illegal drugs in Laguna but was released due to the plea bargaining agreement.
PDEA will conduct profiling to determine which batch and country of origin the seized illegal drugs came from.—AAC (with reports from Sherwin Culubong)
The Philippine National Police (PNP) PBGen. Chief Archie Gamboa has announced that 15 cops listed on President Rodrigo Duterte’s narcolist are considering “optional retirement”.
The PNP chief said the “optional retirement” is to ease the process of validating illegal drug involvement of over 300 cops under the narcolist.
“Ang purpose naman natin bakit tayo nago-offer ng optional retirement para hindi na mahirapan ang PNP. Pero once na mag-start na ang proseso, (The purpose of offering optional retirement is to spare the PNP from further hassle. But once we begin the process) then we will not accept any more optional retirements,” Gamboa said.
Gamboa already extended the deadline until Thursday (February 13) for the other policemen on the narcolist to file for optional retirement.—AAC (with reports from Lea Ylagan)
UNTV is a major TV broadcast network with 24-hour programming. An Ultra High Frequency station with strong brand content that appeal to everyone, UNTV is one of the most trusted and successful Philippine networks that guarantees wholesome and quality viewing experience.